ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Final Fantasy 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 is in my top 3 of FF games. I liked it, I mean it had its cheesy moments, but what FF doesn't? *Looks at the Cloud and Aerith (Aeris) scenes in FFVII.

Hellion42  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
I was trying to get everything and then realized, why the hell am I doing this? And I didn't have an answer so I stopped.

QFT... though I did end up getting all of the crests and whatnot for the uber weapons. I was reading up on how to rape the sphere grid for max stats when it hit me that I'd never need to be that strong. So I beat the game at 110 hours or so and haven't touched it since.

BTW, I blame the directing for the meh voice work. I've listened to a LOT of voiceover work, both good and bad, and the spotty nature with the occasional good lines mixed in with the spine-wrenching points squarely at the director. It doesn't matter how talented the actors are, it's tough to go in and simply read lines in a booth without any interaction with the rest of the actors in the scene. It's up to the director to know what he/she wants from a scene (and the entire project overall), to get a suitable performance from the voice talent, and to keep everything focused so that when it's all put together it sounds as natural as possible. It's difficult and time-consuming, and it's not often that a company is willing to put the time nor the money towards getting it better than "passable." [/rant]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
I have over 200 hours clocked in on my FFX file. Completed every side quest myself (except for the Thunder Plains one. I couldn't dodge 200 bolts so I had a friend do it for me....on his first try. Also, I missed one of the side quests, involving 99 Warp Spheres.) and learned to love the Sphere Grid. It's fun as hell to work with. The music is fantastic and it still looks good after all of these years. Simply incredible.

Another avid FFX player. Woo! I completed all the quests, got 10 of everything for the arena, and everyone completed the sphere grid. Good times. How did you level up? The super easy Master Tonberry way, or in the Omega Ruins? I did the latter, took a long time.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got everyone's weapons powered up... including Lulu's (Yes I sure as hell dodged over 200 lightning bolts by God!). I did not however complete the Monster Arena thingy... I didn't feel like trying to capture the Demonoliths at the Omega Ruins... those things pissed me off so bad. Wow.

Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
I got everyone's weapons powered up... including Lulu's (Yes I sure as hell dodged over 200 lightning bolts by God!). I did not however complete the Monster Arena thingy... I didn't feel like trying to capture the Demonoliths at the Omega Ruins... those things pissed me off so bad. Wow.

Stupidest mini-"game" ever. I thought about it and then realized, I have to sit here for 30 minutes+, press x 200 times without missing once just so I can get some doll for my Black Mage who generally isn't in my party at the end of the game anyway (Tidus, Auron and Yuna with Holy is enough for me).
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
COBW3BB wrote:

Stupidest mini-"game" ever. I thought about it and then realized, I have to sit here for 30 minutes+, press x 200 times without missing once just so I can get some doll for my Black Mage who generally isn't in my party at the end of the game anyway (Tidus, Auron and Yuna with Holy is enough for me).

hahahaha, god they could have at least not have made you fight some random shit inbetween every bolt..

p.s. ahhhhh, back to a more familiar av now.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely loved this game. Ranked 4th to FF7, FF6, and FF9.

The ending made me want to shoot myself, and lie down in my bed for 3 days and sob uncontrollably. The only thing that took away from this game, was my friend who kept referring to Tidus as "Ellen Degenerous"....sigh...they just HAD to model his hair like that.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
entropymaxer  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha Tidus did kinda look like Ellen, i never realized that.

I logged a solid 134 hours on FFX, I maxed out every char (except magic and luck) using tonberry trick. Finished all the monster arena Did every sidequest, all ultimate weapons and somehow i only missed 2 Al Bhed primers. And i got my blitzballers to like lvl 25

I think it woulda been nice if there were some challenges in the game once you maxed yer guys out. The international version had dark aeons where you had to max all yer guys out to beat them and they were real tough. But my guys can waltz thru every enemy in the game. They all have auto haste, auto phoenix/remedy, auto protect, auto regen armor. I also made ice, fire, water, lightening eater armor for all my guys, those are completely worthless by the way and takes a long time to steal all the materials. And i have a couple guys with proof armors for marborols and stuff.

But this was my favorite FF game ever, I liked the sphere grid and customize system. I also enjoyed the story, honestly this game had the fewest characters that i just flat out hated. So basically that rockets it to the top of the FF list
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
Ensiferous3 wrote:
COBW3BB wrote:

hahahaha, god they could have at least not have made you fight some random shit inbetween every bolt..

p.s. ahhhhh, back to a more familiar av now.

You could have used equipment that warded off monsters, I had a sword for Tidus that did it. But I never did the lightning bolt dodgeing thing.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
You could have used equipment that warded off monsters, I had a sword for Tidus that did it. But I never did the lightning bolt dodgeing thing.

yes, but I never knew I had any stuff for that, or I would have god damn used it!

and I didn't either, did one and then got pissed off.
Kachie  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
10 is in my top 3 of FF games. I liked it, I mean it had its cheesy moments, but what FF doesn't? *Looks at the Cloud and Aerith (Aeris) scenes in FFVII.

Hehe, true. . although I hated Aerith with a fiery passion. . . as for 10, I never actually got to finish it. . I was about 7/8ths of the way through and then I got GH. . so um, yeah, 10 had to take a backseat. Knowing about the ending made me pick up X2, I feel that when I finally finish X I`ll need the continuation so as not to be that upset.

"I'm a loner dottie, a rebel, you don't want to get mixed up with a guy like me. . . "

DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
Another avid FFX player. Woo! I completed all the quests, got 10 of everything for the arena, and everyone completed the sphere grid. Good times. How did you level up? The super easy Master Tonberry way, or in the Omega Ruins? I did the latter, took a long time.

Don't remember how, but it did involved triple AP weapons/armors. When my friend completed the Thunderplains quest, he noticed how incredibly low my Lulu's stats were....and he ripped her up good. He custom made an armor for her that gave Triple Overdrive > AP and set her Overdrive guage to.....I forgot what it's called, but it had her Overdrive charge when a comrade dies....it may be called Comrade, in fact.

Anyway, during a Master Tonberry fight, dude kept Auron and Tidus on the offense, with weapons without Break HP Damage, which would have been retorted with Karma (instant death upon each hit). After a good 4 minutes or so of this, and a pile of Phoenix Downs, dude had Auron and Tidus switch over to their ultimate weapons and destroyed Master Tonberry. End result, my Lulu had max AP sphere moves. My jaw DROPPED. We did this about 4 times to get her stats up, and she's a tank now. One of the many masterful schemes my friend has thought up with the game. =D
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest beef with this game was the tediousness of getting the basic spheres, am I right? When I was maxing out my guys in the Omega Ruins I would run out of power spheres, speed spheres, etc. and it really pissed me off! If you could buy them, that would have made the maxing out experience that much better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distillers for the win. I rarely, if ever, ran out of basic spheres. Even just distillers and normal fights with overkill (although I donno if I'd recommend Omega, but if you're trying to get spheres and sp at the same time, I guess...), or going to extremes, there is a mob in monster arean that drops 40 of something, so with a distiller, that's 40 of whatever sphere you'd like.

Riz.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
Distillers for the win. I rarely, if ever, ran out of basic spheres. Even just distillers and normal fights with overkill (although I donno if I'd recommend Omega, but if you're trying to get spheres and sp at the same time, I guess...), or going to extremes, there is a mob in monster arean that drops 40 of something, so with a distiller, that's 40 of whatever sphere you'd like.

Riz.

Son...of a...BIIIIIITTTTCCCCHHHH!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: