ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Most horrific RPG you ever played, but couldn't put it down!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Most horrific RPG you ever played, but couldn't put it down! Reply with quote

All right confession time, which game is this for you?

Mine was "Beyond the Beyond" for PS1. Anyone every played this?

Awful graphics. Horrendous music. Irritating and frustrating much-too-frequent random battles. Absurdly difficult enemies. Puzzles almost matching the annoyance level of those in "Alundra". Lack of save points. Bland characters with a more-than-predictable storyline.

I mean...seriously...it was the one of the worst games I've played. Ever. Yet I could not put it down...for some reason, I just had to beat it. So I played it through...not once but twice. One time, I spent a week in real time leveling up in one part of a dungeon just so that I would be able to beat the next boss in the game. I would never play this game again, even if someone PAID me.

Luckily, I got to get something good out of it, as one of my college roommates lost a bet and he was forced to play this game from start to finish. It was hilarious to go into his room during a period of 2 months, where the look of pain and anguish on his face was like none other.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
MLafer  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is impressive. Not only were there a ton of random battles, the load times were absolutely terrible. I never finished it.

For me I would say Robotrek for SNES. There are so many things wrong with this game. Ridiculously long dungeons, bosses which are either impossibly hard or stupidly easy depending on how you built your robots, random battles with the same problem, and THE WORST TRANSLATION I HAVE EVER SEEN. The entire second half of the game pretty much made no sense at all. Yet, I've played through it not just once, but THREE times. It has a certain charm to it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That actually really did make me laugh, MLafer. These awful games really do have "a certain charm" to them, don't they? Either that, or we're just sick individuals

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
IEatGlue  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Zero

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
what you say!
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

somebody set us up teh bomb

EDIT: i don't accualy know if it's a rpg

MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zero Wing is a sidescrolling shooter.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruined the thread already

I never got that RPG called something like Ehermal Phantasia, youre a dude with a 3 string guitar playing at a wedding and falling for the bride or something, then the groom hits you and you start all over again, i musta started like 4 over or something and got sick of the pissin thing!
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Most horrific RPG you ever played, but couldn't put it d Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:

Awful graphics. Horrendous music. Irritating and frustrating much-too-frequent random battles. Absurdly difficult enemies. Puzzles almost matching the annoyance level of those in "Alundra". Lack of save points. Bland characters with a more-than-predictable storyline.

I mean...seriously...it was the one of the worst games I've played. Ever. Yet I could not put it down...for some reason, I just had to beat it. So I played it through...not once but twice. One time, I spent a week in real time leveling up in one part of a dungeon just so that I would be able to beat the next boss in the game. I would never play this game again, even if someone PAID me.

Luckily, I got to get something good out of it, as one of my college roommates lost a bet and he was forced to play this game from start to finish. It was hilarious to go into his room during a period of 2 months, where the look of pain and anguish on his face was like none other.

I have that game! I bought it when I was around 9 or something...never beat it.

I ALWAYS go back to it , something just hits me like "Hey, I've never beaten this, wonder what the ending is like...?"

God I hate that game, and it is one of the most horrific RPGs I've ever played, thats for sure. The worst could possibly be Final Fantasy Legend 3. It's for the GB, and has NO STORYLINE, at least, I never played into it. Your people also could turn into certain monsters, if you ate their meat, bolts(!?), or other things from them. Horrible graphics too...

Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Most horrific RPG you ever played, but couldn't put it d Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:
The worst could possibly be Final Fantasy Legend 3. It's for the GB, and has NO STORYLINE, at least, I never played into it. Your people also could turn into certain monsters, if you ate their meat, bolts(!?), or other things from them. Horrible graphics too...

My little brother beat that game. He is motherfucking hardcore. Mr. Green

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Most horrific RPG you ever played, but couldn't put it d Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:
JHetfield0816 wrote:

I have that game! I bought it when I was around 9 or something...never beat it.

I ALWAYS go back to it , something just hits me like "Hey, I've never beaten this, wonder what the ending is like...?"

God I hate that game, and it is one of the most horrific RPGs I've ever played, thats for sure.

Well, if you want me to tell you how it ends, I'm pretty familiar with it. Until you give me permission to tell you, I won't spoil it for you though. Just curious...at what point do you get so pissed you can't stand it anymore? Or where in the game do you get stuck? I think I still have the stupid game memorized, so if you actually are stuck I can probably help you. Oh yeah...one more question...which part of Beyond the Beyond pisses you off the most, or which part did you find most irritating?

Hellion42  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, jeez... I put down good games just because I forget I was playing them, then once I remeber I'm too lazy to pick it up again... I don't think I've ever played all the way through an RPG I consider bad. I guess the closest I could get to that is the first set of .hack games... they were mediocre to a fault, but Bandai's .cash//COW got me hooked.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINAL FANTASY MYSTIC QUEST.

Failure to agree means loss of one's life.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

Never played it.

If you play all the way through Beyond the Beyond, I'll play FF Mystic Quest. Deal?

Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
Alakaiser wrote:

Never played it.

If you play all the way through Beyond the Beyond, I'll play FF Mystic Quest. Deal?

See the thing about that is...I don't wish FFMQ on anyone. The game is -that bad-
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quest 64.. worst RPG ever, hands-down.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

This and LAGOON for SNES. I can't believe I played through BOTH of those games... *Sigh* Actually I liked Mystic Quest at the time, even though I knew it wasn't nearly as good as FFIV.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: