ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Most horrific RPG you ever played, but couldn't put it down!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, praytell, was so bad about Mario RPG? There wasn't anything truly groundbreaking, but combat was tight, and it wasn't typical FF "just keep smashing the accept button until you fall asleep" gameplay due to the special moves, the characters were interested(to be expected with Mario), and the story was comcial and entertaining. And MY GOD is the music engraved into my skull for all eternity.

I...don't really see the downside to the game.
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay maybe terrible wasn't the right word.... Maybe I've just played too many good RPGs... that this one seems bad compared all the good ones I have played? I dunno... I'll have to re-download it off of Emuasylum. It's been a few years since I've played it... Maybe I'm having memories of Paper Mario mix in with SMRPG, and it's fogging my good memories because Paper Mario (IMO) was horrific.

Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paper Mario did a lot of things right, IMO. It wasn't your traditional 'OMG LOOK AT ME I KILL YOU BY BLINKING AND SUMMONING THE DARK FORCES OF CERTAIN DOOM WITH INSTANT PERIL AND....DOOM', but the core mechanics were still excellent.

The big thing I like about Paper Mario is that there isn't massive inflation of HP or damage or anything like that. Has a really KISS vibe to it, which goes well with me.
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paper Mario was awesome. I loved that game and I finally got TTYD but I havent gotten anywhere in it at all. Like I killed the Dragon, and thats it lol.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG.

Ok ok here's another one:

Anyone every play "Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure" or "Thousand Arms"? Neither of those were good games at all in terms of the stories...the storylines were pretty bad and contrived, and I really knew that. But I seriously couldn't stop playing...in Rhapsody, I just kept wanting to hear what the next Disney-esque song would be, and in Thousand Arms, I wanted to see who would be the next girl I would date. I'm such a sap.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, Thousand Arms was weird as hell.
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played TA for like 15 minutes and lost interest...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Rhapsody on a whim one day and I ended up RETURNING it because it was so bad. That's the only time in my life I've returned a video game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, JHet. I always stopped at random places, I could EASILY get through the game...the bosses to me took little stratagy to get through (a little lvl up here and there and they were cake), and sure, tell me the ending, I don't think I can EVER play that game again ...chances are, I'll play it in a few month

Anthony  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very picky with my RPG's, I have never finished one that I didn't enjoy the hell out of. With all the great games out there and the time it takes to complete them it's silly to continue playing a game you don't enjoy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkKnight720 wrote:
Well, JHet. I always stopped at random places, I could EASILY get through the game...the bosses to me took little stratagy to get through (a little lvl up here and there and they were cake), and sure, tell me the ending, I don't think I can EVER play that game again ...chances are, I'll play it in a few month

Ok, well as I remember, eventually you have to go through this Labryinth with Finn alone and if you get through, all of your party members become about 10 years older, and more powerful. Also, Samson loses his curse, and Steiner grows into a full adult dragon who you can summon during battles. Otherwise, the rest of the game is spent travelling to the Abyss where those 3 weird-ass bosses are (I forgot their names). Thus, you spend about 2 or 3 hours going through the most pain-in-the-ass dungeon in the game, and then are forced to fight the bosses at the end WITHOUT a save point. You have to fight 3 bosses in a row (2 in one battle), and they are all really hard. What's funny is, before you fight the final boss, he gives you an option for whether you still want to fight him, or whether you want to rule the world together with him. If you pick the option saying that you want to rule together with him, you automatically lose the game, and you have to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE SAVE POINT BEFORE THE DUNGEON. THAT really pissed me off the time I tried it...I felt like such an idiot. Anyway, in a cliche way, when you beat the final boss, you save the world, etc. etc. and everything is fine.

anthony wrote:

I'm very picky with my RPG's, I have never finished one that I didn't enjoy the hell out of. With all the great games out there and the time it takes to complete them it's silly to continue playing a game you don't enjoy.

Yeah, that's what I try to tell myself.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to play the demo of the original Grandia for the PS1. I played that demo over and over, and over...and over. I don't know why, I was 8 or 9 years old, but I played that demo for about two months before I stopped. There was no story, just fighting...snakes. In the woods. I don't know if you guys think it ranks among your stubborness, but that, to me, was pretty mindless.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend of Legaia for PS1. It was cute and it wasn't horrible by any stretch. It also wasn't that great, either. All the same, I just couldn't stop playing it.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjcasey42 wrote:
Legend of Legaia for PS1. It was cute and it wasn't horrible by any stretch. It also wasn't that great, either. All the same, I just couldn't stop playing it.

Me too...it really wasn't that good, but I enjoyed the fighting system where you could do all those different combos...bleh...really not that great of a game.

shutendoji  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Quest 64.. worst RPG ever, hands-down.

my brother would murder you haha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: