ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Expert Guitar Hero Players in Australia... (Queensland?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squall1729  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The schedule is on the 2nd link - basically, tis all free, including concert at the end, and you don't have to play in the world record attempt thing to attend.

PS3 GHWT player - PSN = sql_lall
Don't tell me to Learn-to-Play-a-Real-Guitar!
Smilekevin  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys =) 1st post =D
Im Kev..live in Melbourne =)
Pretty much the only person I know who can comfortably play Expert around here

Guess Im a decent expert player, hardest I've been able to 5 star so far's been Slash Guitar Battle. Yeah, don't do much FCs...lack the attention span to be able to do so :P
steve028  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome smilekevin. yeh there arnt many players here in sydney either who can play at my level.but a few will be coming down october 4th for an tournament, so i might pop in and watch that : )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kev don't worry you're in pretty good company here.

I go alright on expert (40+expert FC's, el jefe etc.) and there are many people i know here that are way better than me!
TwilightNights  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tournament of such... me and some other guy that ive never heard of playing off... meh XD

I'm pretty sure I've got a free ticket to the guitar festival.. so if we all wanna organise a day to go down there, we can rock out on WT for a while =]

I'm heading over to Sydney this Thursday for the play-off, so yeah, I'll hopefully see you at St. Josephs steve XD

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
200 FCs across GH5, GH3, GHM, GH:SH [ ]
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
FGFC GH5 [ ] (21st Man left)
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xTwilightDawnx
Archang3L  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You people who live in Melbourne, send me a PM sometime. It'd be awesome if we could organise a gathering or somesuch.

I've made a post about myself in here somewhere but I don't know where it is - I live in the Gladstone Park area of Melbourne (so anyone around that area feel free to send me a message), and as for my skills, I hate describing my skills, so just look at my scores. I would describe myself as 'average' by ScoreHero standards though.

"You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong?"
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Archang3L666
MBP  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Cairns.
steve028  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwilightNights wrote:
Tournament of such... me and some other guy that ive never heard of playing off... meh XD

I'm pretty sure I've got a free ticket to the guitar festival.. so if we all wanna organise a day to go down there, we can rock out on WT for a while =]

I'm heading over to Sydney this Thursday for the play-off, so yeah, I'll hopefully see you at St. Josephs steve XD

whats happening with a WT demo ??? we get to play. where?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, my name is Josh, i play Expert.

I'm not the best Expert player, only 1 FC to go until 20FC's and i can pretty much FINISH any song, not 5* it. I only have to 5* RaBl so i guess that tells you my skill level. I play on 360 so if any of you wanna play ust add me. GT: The Green Robin.

I live in Sydney BTW. I live in Mascot.

TwilightNights  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyya Josh, I'll add you on xbox live when I get back home tomorrow, at a friends place at the moment. Sydney... is Mascot anywhere near the St. Josephs or wherever im coming over for SGL to play against the random guy?? Coz if it is you should come and meet up with me at it, play a couple of matchs =]

To Steve: I meant the guitar festival in Adelaide at the end of november... sorry bud XD

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xTwilightDawnx
TwilightNights  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to double-post all =] Just needed to bring this thread back up the list for a minute XD

Steve, I'm in Sydney at the moment, staying at a travelodge near central sydney =] Internet cafe on Pitt St. ftw. Are you going to be at St. Josephs tomorrow??

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
steve028  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwilightNights wrote:
Sorry to double-post all =] Just needed to bring this thread back up the list for a minute XD

Steve, I'm in Sydney at the moment, staying at a travelodge near central sydney =] Internet cafe on Pitt St. ftw. Are you going to be at St. Josephs tomorrow??

im gonna try get my mate to drive me over there. dont have my P's yet lol. hopefully he will. should be a great experience

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4twilight

well done at sydney today mate - congratulations for making it through to germany...

you have to tell us all about it..

who would have thought it.. little ol' adelaide getting represented in the world cyber games

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im so pissed i didnt get there. mate didnt want to drive there cos its like a half an hour drive and he thought it was pointless : (
congrats twilight. PHD sais u made it through YAY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you PhD and steve. I know, who woulda thought little ol' Adelaide would be represented (or even better, the Adelaide Hills). Let's just see if I can get outta the group stages over there XD

When I got there, I met Alex again from WCG, he's an awesome dude so nobody give him shit. They were just setting up guitar hero on stage, on a VIEWSONIC! There was no lag, bless them. So I met Charlie from CBN (I think thats right) and Darren (producer of Cybershack, but I could also be wrong). Alex then told me it was all set up on stage, and I could go practice and make sure everything was right.

After sitting on the ground on stage, playing Cities with no sound coz there was music playing in the background, Joe turned up after being lost for an hour XD We played a few songs while waiting for people from Cybershack to set up the cameras.. and it became apparent that while he was a good player, he was nowhere as good as me or Thunder for that matter, when we played One last time, that was frikkin epic.

He chose Before I Forget as the first song (because we had to pick outta the 10 songs that WCG chose -.-) and I beat him fairly easy, something like 520k (lol) to 440k. I then picked Take This Life, and won again fairly easy 520k to 340k. Alex then got on the mic and told everyone it was lunch, and that we would play the third song after, so we had to wait about an hour to play again. During that time, I got a new highscore on The Devil Went Down To Georgia =] (610k) and on Slash (374k).

When we finally played again, he picked One, which was nowhere as close as mine and Thunder's match. I didn't miss in the Darkness bit, whereas he did, and beat him 596k to 480k =] So WOOT!!! I'm off to Germany to represent Australia!! Group drawings say the people in Group D are Austria, Italy (Lo7???? =\), Brazil, Belgium, U.K., Australia and Sweden. So I dunno, maybe I have a chance

After everything had been sorted for Germany, I sat down to play Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved.. there was a high-score comp throughout the day for a G15 keyboard so I sat there for a couple of hours.. or more.. a kid about my age was also trying to win the keyboard.. so we changed highscores for the rest of the day. With about half an hour to go before the comp ended, he had the highscore with about 6,500,000. The flukiest run ever saw me get a score of 7,700,000 and win the keyboard.

So yeah.. that's about it, besides a couple of really good runs in the hotel room (324k on Raining Blood and a -8 run on Flood! on full speed, 370k on FCPREMIX, two chokes on Take This Life and The Way It Ends with 1200 note streak and 1487 note streak respectively).. I've had a great time over here. Disappointed you couldn't make it steve, but meh, oh well. LET'S BRING GOLD HOME FOR AUSTRALIA!!

Not phail at GH [ ]
Get GH5 to work [x]

Goals for Holidays
50 FCs on GH5 [x]
60 FCs on GH5 [x]
70 FCs on GH5 [x]
80 FCs on GH5 [x]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: