ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tennessee get together (In _________) on.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning a bash at my place before I was told about it? XD

Well, Sunday is the first day I'm gonna have a lot of nothing to do, so I've already made plans with family for lunch and the such. I'm afraid I won't be able to host this time.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
sscotth  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: XxTrEmExScotTxX
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when we're suppose to be there? 5pm?

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welp, I won....on sightreads, btw. After playing it, I have no plans on buying it anytime soon. It's just not that good.

Brian, check your inbox. I just sent you the contact info!

sscotth  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: XxTrEmExScotTxX
Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, epic tournament. Definitely one of the best one I've been to in awhile. So many close matches and you never felt like anyone was totally safe. Scott beat DMA, who beat Mario, who beat me, and I beat Scott. Wow. I'll do a quick recap for anyone who wasn't there. Double elimination tourney, random songs on GH5, hard difficulty. By my count, all three of the first round losers lost their next match and were quickly bounced. Scott and Mario won their first round matchups, and DMA and I had our first round matchup nullified due to faulty equipment. Scott won his next match, sending that kid home, I forget what Mario did but I think he won, and DMA beat this blond kid who won the other first round match. I elminated another kid playing Feel Good Inc. and FCing it. The guy running the tourney matched first round winners against first round losers, so that ended up with us having an odd number of people left, which is fantastic. I forget who played who after that, but I remember my 3rd matchup was against Mario on American Girl. I think I did slightly better on the solo but made a couple dumb mistakes in the beginning, and ended up losing by about 2000 points. Close match. After that I rembmer Scott beating DMA by a squeeze on some song and won by 200 points, I think it was. And then lost to that blond haired kid on Ex-Girlfriend. At that point everyone had one loss. Next round I face Scott and we get Cigarrets and Wedding Bands (horrible song) and at the start we're both FCing the song. I'm losing slightly early because he's doing slightly better on ticks than I am. I'm thinking if this keeps up, I'm going to FC the song and still lose on one or two asinine ticks. Halfway through the song, Scott misses, I FC the song, and win by about 1000 points. I'll say that's the first tournament match where I've had to focus so much on whammying and ticks. I knew one mistake and I'm dead.
Then DMA eliminates Mario, which leaves he, I, and the blond haired kid. I had the good fortune of drawing the bye, which moved me straight to the championship match. DMA beats the blond haired kid by about 10,000 points, setting up the two of us in the finals. We get the Children of Bodom song, which was pretty much the best song anybody had the whole night. And he ends up beating me by about 20k or so. It's a hard song.

Edit: Also I took a few pics. I can upload them for whoever's interested.
Overall I was pleased. Proud to have gotten as far as I did.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play N Trade in Murfreesboro is holding a GH5 tournament on Sunday, Oct. 18th at 7pm. First place gets $100 store credit. I haven't inquired to the rules yet but I thought I'd post it anyway. $5 For pre-registration, $10 if you show up that day. Their site. Last time I went to one of their gh tourneys it was gh3, one song, no hs, top score wins. Even if the other rules have changed I hope they allow us hyperspeed this time, considering it's a setting now from the setup screen

EDIT: So I called them up, apparently it's 3 songs, no hs, official controllers.

Last edited by Erimgard on Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh....I might go? I dunno.

Amanwithapencil  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this tournament the last time they did it. You guys played NotB right? I think I didn't go because of football. I might try to make this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:55 am; edited 3 times in total
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sscotth wrote:
So how did it go down?

Wish a few of you guys would'a shown, I could've used the competition. I won very easily. Unfortunately (due to the time and day I think) only five people showed, so I won the combined entree fees of $25 instead of $100, but I'm not complaining about free money
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah! Only $25?! Glad I didn't show up.

So, what was the tourney like? Same as last time? Single song and high score wins?

Erimgard  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it started that everyone was supposed to take 3 goes at Scatterbrain, highest score wins, but nobody seemed to be able to pass my score so the owners let the rest of them play whatever they fancied, still with the three runs limit. Not that it mattered, as I was able to do so as well. Won with 550-something on Spirit of Radio. Not near my best, but like I said competition wasn't fierce.
sscotth  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:49 am; edited 5 times in total
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for the bump but this area has been severely lacking in GH-related activities lately.

Anyone feel like getting together sometime in the somewhat near future near my neck of the woods? I'm getting tired of half my online matches (even QP+!) ending abruptly because someone's being a douche and quitting. As I can see that marcus lives in the same area as I do (and I think there might be one or two other SHers?), I need some good competition to better my skill for any possible upcoming GH:WoR tournament for Fun Fest. I probably wouldn't be able to host any such get-together, but I'd be willing to travel up to 90 miles or so (from here to Knoxville). I have: RB1, RB2, GH2, GH3, GH:VH, GH5, and GH:WoR for 360 (plus one guitar), and GH1, 2, 80s, and tons of custom disc images for PS2 , plus two guitars (and I would be willing to bring my PS2/router/laptop setup for discless PS2 gaming).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 78 of 79

Jump to: