ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Regarding False Scores
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Regarding False Scores Reply with quote

In an effort to maintain an accurate rankings system, I will take action against those who intentionally submit false scores by enforcing the following policies:

1. If it is obvious that a user is entering invalid scores on purpose (i.e. submitting 999,999 multiple times), then the user's account and IP will be banned from the system with no questions asked.

2. If a score is potentially valid but is suspicious for various reasons, I will send a message to the user requesting a screenshot as proof. Failure to provide such proof may result in the score being deleted, and in extreme cases, the user being banned.

3. If an impossible score is brought to my attention that appears to just contain a typo, I will simply delete the score without penalizing the user.

If you notice any scores that fall into any of those 3 categories and want to report it, send me a PM with subject "False Score Report" containing the name of the user with the referenced score(s) and I will investigate. Do not publicly post false score reports on the forums.

EDIT by Matt:
You can PM any fake score complaints to any moderator or administrator.

Last edited by JCirri on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
djruby  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering...

Is it recommended that people post screenshots or any kind of proof of their scores to avoid the whole 'that person is bsing' skepticals from pulling that kind of stuff?
Matt  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say if you are posting a lot of very impressive scores, then yes, proof would be recommended. But if you are posting scores that aren't topping the ranks, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Last edited by Matt on Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if a guy is asked to proove his scores that are high for every songs in a certain level, he could just show a picture of the game screen that show the total score for a career level (the one with PLAY LIVE SHOW - CHANGE GUITAR - CHANGE CHARACTER - UNLOCK SHOP options shows it ... i think). That's the only way he could proove his "domination" if he haven't screenshots for every songs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you delete someone's score due to a typo, will that user be notified that his score was deleted?

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Matt  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a score seems to be a typo, the user is contacted first to get clarification. I beleive this has already happened once, and the user and an admin worked it out before anything was changed.
Atremains  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, my unsung hardscore was 100k points short due to a typo, and jcirri notified me
now all is well
except i read somewhere else that im dumb and posted a wrong score, but i fixed that too
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
Matt  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Updated in the original post)

If you would like to report a potential fake score, you can PM any moderator or administrator (JCirri and I tend to be on the most).
Mike  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at the score posted by J-Man for I LOVE ROC'N ROLL in EASY mode ... Is that a input test !?! I know that nobody cares about lowest scores, but I was just wondering why J-Man say he got 500 pts hitting 100 notes streak ... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just put in all my scores and it moved me up to #2 on expert. I was planning on doing it all at once and getting to #1, but I didn't notice supermegaoon had updated last night :p

Anyway, I was taking pictures on my phone, but I've realized that since I'm perputually in an 'extended network' I can't email myself the pictures. I can get a friend to take a picture of the carreer score screen and post it up later, since I think I might fall under the 'potentially valid but suspicious' category. I'm minorly 'known' in the DDR/ITG community, if that adds any validity. I'm just sad that I can't give proof of my Burning Wheel score, since I was actually proud of that one.

Anyway, just wanted to give a heads up in case someone cried 'foul'.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: corssroads Reply with quote

about my crossroads score i would have taken a pic but my brother was using the computer and he told me the wrong high score so i didn't bother

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone needs to stop worrying about defending their high scores :p
If you enter a score that is deemed suspicious, you will be contacted before any action is taken. At that point, you will want to defend your score. But until then, you'll probably find that most people won't complain about your scores. And even if they do, a moderator will need to agree that the score looks suspicious, and then it gets passed up to an admin, who also must decide the score looks suspicious, who will in turn contact a player if neccesary.
ninjafetus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKay, okay, I won't worry so much, but when you come from nowhere and take #1 expert, you think it might be something you want to back up.

Anyway, I have pics on a camera now, I just need to give the camera back to the owner and post them If people care, that is :p

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont have any screen shots of the ranking after the song since im just starting this really but what about top 5 screen shots with the score in there? plus a ton of people play on my game so youll see alot of scores with screen shots and my name in them haha their not jacking my scores.
Matt  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrAkD wrote:
i dont have any screen shots of the ranking after the song since im just starting this really but what about top 5 screen shots with the score in there? plus a ton of people play on my game so youll see alot of scores with screen shots and my name in them haha their not jacking my scores.

If you aren't submitting false scores, then don't worry about it.

Have fun with the game. We're not here to prove scores false.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: