ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pretty well new to Beatmania, had a question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElFire  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Pretty well new to Beatmania, had a question... Reply with quote

Greetings!

I picked up the US release of Beatmania a good while ago, around when it was released. Though I've played snippets of other versions at conventions before, I'd never tried a full game.

I've gotta say, I really didn't like a bunch of the songs on the US version, except for a few ones I've known from before, like V, Paranoia, Colors, and a couple of others.

What I was wondering is, since I might be interested in importing another style in the future, what should I come to expect? I hear the Happy Sky is good, and I really like "Xepher" (thanks to Daevlol and his chart).

I normally prefer up-beat, fast-tempo songs, and dance is alright in my book. Just as well, the inherent difficulty in Beatmania is quite appealing, though I wasn't too interested in playing the US version after a while.

Anyway, my question again, what should I come to expect of a Beatmania such as, say, 10-12? Is it possible for one to train from mid-beginner status on one of those?

Thanks in advance, all.
Matt  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the import versions have a beginner mode, and if you are already beyond the 1 difficulty, you should have no problem getting to the another difficulty on a good deal of the songs.
Mark 8:36
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Sky seems right up your alley, if you don't mind dropping the 70 or whatever it is to import it you should definitely do so.

Worth every penny(HSky has more than 4 good songs unlike the US version >_>)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Sky is the ideal version for a beginner to get into the game, but if you want a style with almost every song being a winner, i'd go with 10th or RED. hell in 10th, you even get your Colors (radio edit) and V.
Matt  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should also add that Happy Sky's beginner charts are actually good beginner charts, rather than "random notes selected from the Light7/Normal chart" that you see in Red. On the easy HS beginner songs, every note seems to actually land on a beat.
Mark 8:36
ElFire  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I just got Happy Sky, and I have a tiny, noobish question...

I can't seem to be able to turn off 5-Key mode, and I think I'm most likely good enough to play 7-key.

The start-menu while picking songs (whether it's Normal, Free, whatnot) has 5-Key selected, and when I highlight that bar, it doesn't let me un-select it. Is there some sort of menu, or way to move on to 7-Key?

I figure I may as well keep this in my own topic, for convenience.

EDIT EDIT

I just fixed the problem. Everything's okay, now!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Popn'Music and Beatmania All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: