ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S6 - XBOX - Hard Playoffs Thread - Congrats Jedi/SE42/Diablo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AITA  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i only won by 600
not bad though
lucky i made it cause i only got to play the song like 3 times lol
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrkuo wrote:
After some usage, the coins star to jiggle and clank and I inevitably have to stop a song half way through to retape.

When you say you put a broad-headed thumb tack into your back button, you mean that you actually impale the plastic with the metal? Neat idea...

Hope that doesn't stretch the page. The thing in the back is my whammy rubber band, and the junk all over the guitar is when I found an exacto knife. >_> Oh, an be careful if you do this, because the first time I did it, I put the tack straight down, and it pushed the little cup that makes the button bounce back into position and killed the button. I had to take my guitar apart to fix it. Just put it in at an angle and you should be fine. But if you do this and kill your button, you know why, at least.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the picture! You've really altered your guitar. ;)

Can you take another picture of the guitar, this time showing how the rubberband holds the whammy? I've heard of people doing this. Does it make it easier to whammy by keeping it stationary?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it doesn't really keep the whammy bar in place, it just keeps it functional. When my whammy bar broke, one of the pieces of plastic holding the spring snapped. All that rubber band does is keep it upright so it can be used. I still hold it with my pinky near the strumbar so I can whammy quickly.

I can take a picture when I get home.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomsars wrote:
No, it doesn't really keep the whammy bar in place, it just keeps it functional. When my whammy bar broke, one of the pieces of plastic holding the spring snapped. All that rubber band does is keep it upright so it can be used. I still hold it with my pinky near the strumbar so I can whammy quickly.

I can take a picture when I get home.

The rubber band works extremely well. Mine broke about a week ago, put a rubber band around it, and works better than before.

I didn't go as extreme as impaling my guitar, I just took 5 pennies and taped them onto the back button. Push down my palm, and BAM squeeze magic.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how am i supposed to compete and enter scores when there is nothing up........people say try refreshing the page ...well ive been checking back for two days now and nothing has changed.... all i have is the original post and on ghevents nothing to enter scores in at...... whats going on with that???? can someone plz tell me
TarLaPaN  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smokey586139 wrote:
how am i supposed to compete and enter scores when there is nothing up........people say try refreshing the page ...well ive been checking back for two days now and nothing has changed.... all i have is the original post and on ghevents nothing to enter scores in at...... whats going on with that???? can someone plz tell me

You have to click the refresh button while your on the bracket page. And as far as ghevents, everyone has that problem. Just pm your scores to elx. Deadline is tommorow anyway.
Overcome TtFaF [x...jk]
5* Hard [KoC]
100 PFO Wins [68 so far]
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The round is up on ghevents now, you can submit there like normal. If you want to make sure your score went through log out, log back in, and go to scores. Your score should be pulled up automatically. Also just to clarify, the deadline is at 11:59 PM EST tomorrow night, so just over 24 hours from the time of this post.
mrkuo  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must be blind, but I only see Playoffs for 360 XH playoffs and the PS2 ones.

EDIT: nevermond found it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I lost my round, I already know. I only had time for 5 playthroughs, and I saw Jedi's score on the leaderboard.

Fun league guys, be back next time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be completely honest, I played the song once and once only. I guess you can say I got what I wanted, even though it's still not that great, but hopefully it's good enough to advance. If it's not, it might be a good thing because then I can focus on my life away from gh. Not that it really matters if I win this week because the next round is against psx (unless he loses of course ya right) and my only chance to beat him now is to play him in a song he can't FC, but the odds of that happening aren't likely.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, thanks to Brock for that confidence boost, and second of all, who am I kidding? I think I hurt my left hand and it is becoming increasingly difficult to fret, and my score is pitiful. I don't think I'm even going to submit. But what incentive is there on a song you are bad at, and your opponent can get optimal on?

What Strykerx said, I enjoyed it, I'll be back for GH3.

Location: Westhampton, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY, U.S.A. Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find a round for XH3
i'm just going to PM the scores since i don't have time to find it
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomsars wrote:
First of all, thanks to Brock for that confidence boost, and second of all, who am I kidding? I think I hurt my left hand and it is becoming increasingly difficult to fret, and my score is pitiful. I don't think I'm even going to submit. But what incentive is there on a song you are bad at, and your opponent can get optimal on?

What Strykerx said, I enjoyed it, I'll be back for GH3.

That kind of reminds me of something long ago (thinks back to last season: championship match against psxfreak). Oh yes, the final song was Six, my personal favorite NOT!, and I sent in my incredible score of 198k. I knew I was gonna get beat, and, needless to say, I lost to psx's FC score of ~337k.

But never accept defeat. If you think you might lose, maybe you will, maybe you won't, but what have you got to lose?

And like I said in an earlier post, it's either lose this round or lose the next round to psx for both of us.

M002 wrote:
I can't find a round for XH3
i'm just going to PM the scores since i don't have time to find it

I think there's just one place to submit scores for all of 360 hard, but it wouldn't hurt to send him your scores too just in case.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 3 minutes late I'm sorry..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: