ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S6 - XBOX - Hard Playoffs Thread - Congrats Jedi/SE42/Diablo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Boomsars wrote:
First of all, thanks to Brock for that confidence boost, and second of all, who am I kidding? I think I hurt my left hand and it is becoming increasingly difficult to fret, and my score is pitiful. I don't think I'm even going to submit. But what incentive is there on a song you are bad at, and your opponent can get optimal on?

What Strykerx said, I enjoyed it, I'll be back for GH3.

That kind of reminds me of something long ago (thinks back to last season: championship match against psxfreak). Oh yes, the final song was Six, my personal favorite NOT!, and I sent in my incredible score of 198k. I knew I was gonna get beat, and, needless to say, I lost to psx's FC score of ~337k.

But never accept defeat. If you think you might lose, maybe you will, maybe you won't, but what have you got to lose?

It's funny that you say this, because I just put in one last ditch effort of KitN and got closer to an FC than ever before (Apparently I'm the only one who thinks the solo strum speed is weird), and then I look at the clock and bam, 15 minutes late. Then I come on here and see this. Wonderful. Kind of sucks, but it will be nice to see what psx throws up anyway.

Again, thanks to all for the great time.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomsars wrote:
Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Boomsars wrote:
First of all, thanks to Brock for that confidence boost, and second of all, who am I kidding? I think I hurt my left hand and it is becoming increasingly difficult to fret, and my score is pitiful. I don't think I'm even going to submit. But what incentive is there on a song you are bad at, and your opponent can get optimal on?

That kind of reminds me of something long ago (thinks back to last season: championship match against psxfreak). Oh yes, the final song was Six, my personal favorite NOT!, and I sent in my incredible score of 198k. I knew I was gonna get beat, and, needless to say, I lost to psx's FC score of ~337k.

But never accept defeat. If you think you might lose, maybe you will, maybe you won't, but what have you got to lose?

It's funny that you say this, because I just put in one last ditch effort of KitN and got closer to an FC than ever before (Apparently I'm the only one who thinks the solo strum speed is weird), and then I look at the clock and bam, 15 minutes late. Then I come on here and see this. Wonderful. Kind of sucks, but it will be nice to see what psx throws up anyway.

No problem! This is definately the coolest feature of the site. And as for the strum speed of the solo, you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but I downstrum and use HOPOs for the solo: strum three O's, hammer-on downstrum twice, hammer-on downstrum twice, etc. I always end up double strumming a bunch when I alt-strum, so I found a better way.

Location: Westhampton, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY, U.S.A. Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

something tells me I lost, and by very little
Well, if I don't move on, this has been a great league, and I probably won't be in the next couple of Seasons since i'll be stuck on Halo 3, then gh3 later in the year
however, I am sad that I think I lost so early in the playoffs, it just happened to be a song that my opponent was better at
Now I know how Boomsar feels
but, I shouldn't be spreading my pessimitsm
maybe i won??
chuckie0424  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that i lost too prolly not by much but i only played the song 3 times and gave up cause i hate that solo and had a shitty accident at work that leaves me not able to sit or stand i can really only lay down so that didnt help matters either
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: chuckie0424
TarLaPaN  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad i joined this league, it strengthened my patience and i was finally able to get past expert. If i lose, i can look forward to playing halo 3 coming out tuesday. Plus my friend will be able to move on to semis.
Overcome TtFaF [x...jk]
5* Hard [KoC]
100 PFO Wins [68 so far]
mrkuo  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Boomsars wrote:
Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Boomsars wrote:

No problem! This is definately the coolest feature of the site. And as for the strum speed of the solo, you're all gonna think I'm crazy, but I downstrum and use HOPOs for the solo: strum three O's, hammer-on downstrum twice, hammer-on downstrum twice, etc. I always end up double strumming a bunch when I alt-strum, so I found a better way.

Scores aren't updated, but I"m sure you got this one Brock. I couldn't find a way to hit the solo. Your method sounds like one that I may try out though. Good luck in the rest of the tourny.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not feeling great about this week, friday and sat are bad days to play GH for me, drinking takes priority and I've still got a cracking hangover.

Even if I don't get through it's been pretty cool, if anyone in XH3 wants to add me to friends list my gamertag is b08smith, need some peeps to play GH3 co-op and battle mode with

Good luck all

elx  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, Round 3 song is up. I won't have time to update the brackets until later on tonight, so I put the players who were moving on in the first post of the thread.
b08smith  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG...........I made it through?

diablocon  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I made it through! At least 4th place for me.

However, Fall of Pangaea irritates me. It's not a hard song, I just find it annoys me a lot.
higgatron  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mad fun kids. see you in gh3

psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are curious, I did get those two ticks I was missing. However, I missed the trill squeeze, so no "optimal" on KitN >_>

Um... FoP ftw!!!

*is very excited*
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
lilkoz  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I made it through, but I fear this is where I will end. FoP is the hardest song for me. I've only got through it once. I was dreading this song being in the competition. Plus it doesn't help that I'm going up against the number one seed in XH3. This may be yours diablocon.
M002  

Location: Westhampton, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY, U.S.A. Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOOOO
I lost
and the next song is the song I wanted to play - FOP!!
I would've smoked higgatron
awell
great fun this season....
see you in gh3, or possibly halo 3
good luck TarLaPaN
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully now I can finally get the FC on FoP without a double strum (which I did right at the beginning of the speed up part during a star phrase). I'll need it to have any chance of beating psx .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: