ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
November (formerly known as Halloween) Bash in Dublin, CA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JetsterDajet  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm thinking the first weekend of November is looking good for this. Leif, you're pretty young for the kind of stuff we have in mind... I'd have to say that if you want to come, I'd require that your parents drop you off that I can speak with them in person so they understand just what's going on: a bunch of adults drinking and playing guitar hero. And if they trust you not to drink (of course I'm not giving you anything) then that's okay with me.

Also, if you want to come over just to chill sometime, that's cool too, I guess. I don't have a PS2, so it kinda sucks not to be able to play my own customs... drop by and I'll give you a copy of my customs disc.

As far as transportation, I'm sorry to say I'm still not going to have a car when this goes down, so I can't shuttle people back and fourth from BART. If one person wants to drive on down here and provide that service, that would be wicked. Otherwise, I'll put detailed bus information that will put you within 5 minutes walking distance of my house.

Someone will probably need to bring a PS2. A modded one would be good. Also, an xBox with a couple controllers and GHIII would probably be awesome, too.

Please keep this thread up to date as to your availability.
kow  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking to find people I can play with in the Bay Area, so I may head out here. I can probably pick up anyone in the City or the Peninsula area; I'm about 3 minutes by car from the Millbrae BART station, after which it's just a quick drive down to the San Mateo bridge and over to the East Bay.
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*debates coming.. *

*talks to thrice to see if he wants to go if he goes I'll go*
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, the get-together is back on? Yay!

Unless I get raped with last-minute "you has to work on weekend", I'm still on-board, yo. I has kar, and if necessary, I cans provide shuttle services until, like, 9:00PM so I can have a few beers. I'm not going to be the only one NOT drunk.

Chris, if you and Thrice could make it out, that would be fucking AWESOME. Being a PS3 gamer, I have little to no chance of "Meeting my Maker", so it'd be really cool to see you guys.

At the rate I post, I'll attain Freebird status by the year 2014.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should still be good to go for this. Assuming the RedOctane pre-order shipment arrives as planned, I'll have GHIII for Xbox by then, which I'd be happy to bring, along with my console. I've got an extra Xplorer (with a limp whammy, sadly), but it would be nice if someone could bring another Les Paul. I haven't tried one, but everything I hear says that they're superior to the Xplorers.
kow  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd be glad to bring mine, and yes they are superior :]
JetsterDajet  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated OP with news and updates. Please pitch in with your ideas.
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Halloween Bash in Dublin, CA - Stage Two Initiate Reply with quote

JetsterDajet wrote:
2. A rig (xBox 360 or PS3) with GHIII and two Les Paul controllers. We can work out who brings what, but I want these to be available.

I can bring my PS3...the tricky part is that I'll need to get my hands on another copy of the game so I can get another LP. Don't know how THAT will end up, so I'll keep you posted.

I'd bring my TV, but it's old-school, has a screen made of glass, and is too big to fit in my car super-safely.

Quote:
4. Beverages. This includes beer and soft drinks. I'd generally like to keep the hard stuff on the shelf, but it you absolutely must, I guess you can bring some.

I can BMOB. That's not a real problem.

Quote:
5. Food. Not sure how we could do this. We can either have everyone bring some snacks, or have everyone chip in on pizza, or everyone walk down the block to a restauraunt. Up to ya'll.

I'll bring a couple bags of chips and some dip-things for communal consumption, but as far as REAL food goes, pizza or restaurant sounds like the way to go.

At the rate I post, I'll attain Freebird status by the year 2014.
Hitoshura  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In addition to the Xbox and Les Paul, I'll bring some good beer as well, and maybe some snacks. I second BreakMan's call for pizza or restaurant food at some point, though.
youhas  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Halloween Bash in Dublin, CA - Stage Two Initiate Reply with quote

JetsterDajet wrote:
Unfortunately, I'd love to provide every single little thing that everyone could want, much in the way that Youhas did

Well, OK: booze, food, and consoles, yes, that I was able to provide in spades. Floor space, though? Not so much.

As for things to bring: I am happy to re-gift the non-diet soft drinks we have on hand (lord knows we don't touch 'em) and will happily lug along a quantity of beer. On the food front, I am a hardcore omnivore - whatever y'all bring and/or we all decide to go will be fine by me. As for controllers: if we go the 360 route, I ought to have a Les Paul to bring on over. (Can bring the XBOX itself along if I absolutely must, but it's a bit of a hassle. And you've seen the Youhaas Global TV, though - it ain't any great shakes, and I'm sure Something Better would be much preferable.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
Leif.Ericson  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can bring my ps2 that is capable of a slide tool to swap disks (i have swap magic and 3 custom disks)

Someone just needs to get their hands on a slide tool for me or make one with the dimensions found on tutorials because i lost mine...I guess I'll bring some money in case
kow  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have a copy of GH3, so I can bring an LP. I actually have two preorders right now - I got one at best buy before finding out a few Gamestops were doing midnight releases - so I may have two I can bring, and if anyone can't get ahold of the game in stores I would be ok with either selling off the game alone or selling off the game+controller, or even selling off the game with my old xplorer (which i don't anticipate using ever again :P). If you're interested let me know.

Can't help on the TV, but I'd be glad to spring for food or whatever.
trav3ler  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaah, I'd love to go, but I'll be teching a play that weekend, so I'll have to give this one a miss. I'll have just turned 18 too...

Goals:
Gold Star the main RB3 setlist [] (54/82)
That's gonna take a while... ><
JetsterDajet  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonus:

My roomies are having a Halloween party of their own tomrrow night, so I'm probably going to bust out the GH III (got it early, really want to do some battle/co-op) for the partygoers and any of my friends who come. You're all welcome to drop by and get a sneak peak. Bring a PS2 guitar if you do come.
kow  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do we have a console system provided or do we still need one? I'd suggest something with online capability, just so we could fuck around and challenge people online if we wanted to, but I doubt it'll be a big deal either way. I should have 1, possibly 2 copies of the game (and more importantly, 2 Les Pauls) for the 360 to bring with me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: