ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 SR Contest Official Info Thread (updated: ghevents up)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently (or so I've heard), you play TtFaF during the credits roll just to pass time, although there is no score. With this is in mind, how will anyone have a true sightread since they'll have played the song once before they actually play it in the Bonus menu?

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
oberlin27  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
EDIT: oh also, since somebody asked about it before, no sightreads obtained with the demo version are NOT acceptable (any more than you can enter them into the GH3 boards on SH). There is too much potential for tiny differences, and besides it is not GH3 proper in any case, the milieu under which the songs are played is different.

WOOHOO!

Syntax errors and double negatives ftw!
(Rockaway Beach)
Top 100 DLC
Top 50 DLC

Top 25 DLC
Top 10 DLC

Buy all DLC (Cherry Bomb & Mother Hips tracks)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Oberlin27
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this include all the bonus songs?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
Bizzad  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea; how about not counting the demos for this sight-reading contest? I mean, a bunch of people have already played it and it probably wouldn't be fair to others that have played it for the ones that haven't played it get the scores counted for them. I'm not like mad or anything and I know there's no prizes; just a suggestion is all. :p
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but is this league only for guitar hero III? If it is, could somebody please start up a gh2 league-I probably won't get III until Christmas
Daxter  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wait...oh crud........when is this officially starting though i may not have read it if you already said, but theres an 8th gradewashington dc trip...(yes i'm one of them)and i'm gonna be gone from the 29th till nov. 2nd so i might haveto drop out or something cause i prob wont have a chance of winning if i miss a few songs lol
idk i'm like that i have a feeling i'll fall way behind

(pm from mod/manager please)
LeonOnirac  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit:
woops wrong post in wrong thread

Officialy Quit Guitar Hero

add my myspace
Myspace.com/outlawgod
Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4th song you play in the second tier won't have Note % or Streak...Tom Morello auto-challenges you, and you can't see the song finished screen even if you decline...

EDIT: Same thing in the 5th tier...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dragondarch
i noticed the exact same problem and I don't know what to do
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragondarch wrote:
4th song you play in the second tier won't have Note % or Streak...Tom Morello auto-challenges you, and you can't see the song finished screen even if you decline...

EDIT: Same thing in the 5th tier...

Yeah, if you can't get the % and ns for songs on which you get challenged then no big deal just leave those off for those songs. But try to get it by declining encores as much as possible on the other tiers and its all good.
purkie103  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude im on the gh events site and i can't find the signup for gh3 sightread. im ready to input my scores for the tier but not bonus songs, am i looking in the wrong place?

and yeah the rumors about it scrolling at the credits are true but u can quit right at the start so u can do the song with out seeing more then a second of the intro but u do miss the credits (a shame i know) thats what i did and grrr i got 83% on the dam thing the intros not to hard if u can easily jump around the frets while still holding green.

EDIT1: Removed cause i was dumb lol

EDIT2: a bit of research asnwered it my self
Barfo wrote:
So, if you poste din the thread assume you are signed up and when you get the game start collecting your sightreading scores as per the rules

This is my favorite gameplay advice ever.

"Just relax and pretend you're slaughtering Native Americans."
Minarets  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So currently, I cannot get NS and % on Barracuda and La Grange because the boss challenges are auto. If you decline the challenge it takes you to the main setlist and you cannot retrieve your % and NS.

So yeah, those two, plus whatever song is in front of any other boss battles will have this problem.

GH III Goals:
35 Hard FC's [ ] (17/35) The Metal
5 Star Hard [ ] (58/70)

GH II 80's III
Hard FC: 30
RiseOfAsh  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minarets wrote:
So currently, I cannot get NS and % on Barracuda and La Grange because the boss challenges are auto. If you decline the challenge it takes you to the main setlist and you cannot retrieve your % and NS.

So yeah, those two, plus whatever song is in front of any other boss battles will have this problem.

That's assuming you do the tiers in order. I know I'm stuck without a notestreak and % for Sunshine of My Love and Holiday in Cambodia. but i think we all get the idea to get as much info as we can.

Minarets  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiseOfAsh wrote:
Minarets wrote:

That's assuming you do the tiers in order. I know I'm stuck without a notestreak and % for Sunshine of My Love and Holiday in Cambodia. but i think we all get the idea to get as much info as we can.

Of course, That is assuming that you do the set in order. I don't have to worry about the final teir though. I failed all but Cliffs of Dover

GH III Goals:
35 Hard FC's [ ] (17/35) The Metal
5 Star Hard [ ] (58/70)

GH II 80's III
Hard FC: 30
purkie103  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was able to all the songs on final tier cause i failed raining blood so i got the% then did the rest so i could do that to start the boss battle and get that score, that was the only tier song i failed and since then its only been ttfaf
This is my favorite gameplay advice ever.

"Just relax and pretend you're slaughtering Native Americans."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: