ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Other forms of competitive gaming?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LucidFaia  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:00 am    Post subject: Other forms of competitive gaming? Reply with quote

Obviously each of us have at least a partial intestest in scoring high on Guitar Hero, but are there others here interested in other forms of competitive gaming?

I've done some speed runs in the past, for games including Solstice, Super Mario World, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I also have a few high scores to my credit, such as an obscure arcade game called Dragon Breed, as well as a perfect score for the NES game Gyruss. I also consider myself a very competent Soul Calibur 3 player.

So, besides Guitar Hero, what other video games do you enjoy competitively?
IEatGlue  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half Life 1

i am the grand master at the game, and if you ever wan to challenge me you better brind your loser hat... because your gunna need to wear it when i'm done with you

JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IEatGlue wrote:
Half Life 1

i am the grand master at the game, and if you ever wan to challenge me you better brind your loser hat... because your gunna need to wear it when i'm done with you

I'm not so sure I've ever "brinded" a loser hat before, let alone owned one. Very interesting concept, though. Mr. Green

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm usually really good at obscure games nobody plays. For example. I'm pretty much unbeatable at Red Faction II or Guilty Gear.

Although I am really good at a lot of N64 games...Mario Tennis is pretty much my bitch.
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can not beat me at StarFox 64, Goldeneye or Smash Bros. on the 64.

I have never lost on those 3 games.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
I'm usually really good at obscure games nobody plays. For example. I'm pretty much unbeatable at Red Faction II or Guilty Gear.

Although I am really good at a lot of N64 games...Mario Tennis is pretty much my bitch.

Haha, there's plenty of people who play the GG series.

That being said, I'd get into the fighting game scene, but it doesn't exist too much on the east coast, much less in Rhode Island.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
trofl  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Kart Double Dash... mmm huge bananas...

I wish I had the GC network adapter.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
Zoizite  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much just Guilty Gear for me. I used to play SF2 a lot back in the day, though...
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trofl wrote:
Mario Kart Double Dash... mmm huge bananas...

I wish I had the GC network adapter.

Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Street fighter alpha 3, snk vs capcom chaos and Marvel vs capcom 2, I'm damn near unbeatable at. A friend of mine at a lock in last friday came up to me from a magic game and goes, hmm, you look to be a good challenge. It was close but I came out on top.

The Tekken scene is pretty big here in San Antonio, unfortunately that's about it AFAIK.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:

Oh yeah? I'd love to play you in a match sometime...I absolutely OWN Mario Tennis (unless I'm playing against BigE...if you want to hear the story about our "rivalry" over the years, you should ask him about it...either that or I hope he just comes on here and says something about it)

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
LucidFaia  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

Heh. I'm actually also working on a Metal Gear Solid 2 speed run. When it's finished, it will be a run on Extreme, getting the "Big Boss" rank with no saves and no damage taken in about an hour and forty-five minutes. That's about seven minutes ahead of the current record for that type of run, held by a Japanese player named Takeshi.

The only problem is that the run is in indefinite limbo, now that Guitar Hero II is out.
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHetfield0816 wrote:
suspectfenster wrote:

Oh yeah? I'd love to play you in a match sometime...I absolutely OWN Mario Tennis (unless I'm playing against BigE...if you want to hear the story about our "rivalry" over the years, you should ask him about it...either that or I hope he just comes on here and says something about it)

I'm also very good at Mario Tennis. There needs to be a tournament for that.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive spent too much of my time playing the tekken games but it does show for it lol! beat the computer very hard, against best rank on tekken 5 prefect most of the time lol!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucidFaia wrote:
Alakaiser wrote:

Heh. I'm actually also working on a Metal Gear Solid 2 speed run. When it's finished, it will be a run on Extreme, getting the "Big Boss" rank with no saves and no damage taken in about an hour and forty-five minutes. That's about seven minutes ahead of the current record for that type of run, held by a Japanese player named Takeshi.

The only problem is that the run is in indefinite limbo, now that Guitar Hero II is out.

haha, I love that game.

But I was making a joke about snaking in Mario Kart. XD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: