ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New post flag not appearing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: New post flag not appearing Reply with quote

Hi,

When I log into the forum, the flag on each topic that usually indicates there is a new post is not appearing. This seems to have started only a day or two ago.

I have been logging in from the main page and then clicking the "Forum" menu option, thereby using the new integrated login functionality (which works great). I haven't been able to test if the new post flags work when logging in the original way.

I surmise this may be related to the new "Who's online" menu option, I think it started happening about when that was added.

Thanks for your work on this great website!

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed this problem as well. Here's an explanation of how the marking of new posts is handled and why the problem exists:

The new post flags indicate new posts since your last login (not strictly topics that you haven't clicked). You can test this on almost any forum on the web: if you login, logout, and then login again, all topics will be marked as read. Before, I had the main login and forum login separated, so you were able to see all new posts since the last time you visited the forums. Now that they have been integrated (due to popular demand), forum topics with no new posts since your last login will be marked as read everytime you login to the site (regardless if you visit the forums or not).

So I guess this is the one downside to integrating the logins. At some point I may be able to modify the code to mark topics as read since the last time you visited the forums, rather than since your last login.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem; I only ever get the new topic buttons when I login on my laptop; never when I login elsewhere, even though I see new topics and posts.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed a flaw on the Home page that would log you in everytime if you have cookies set (even if you're already logged in). This has been fixed, and may have been contributing to marking topics as read. Let me know if the problem still exists.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still exists :(
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, still happening to me too...

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
OtherBill  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly enough, it's not happening to me, mostly.

From what I can tell, when you log in to the website, it automatically logs you in to the forums (this is good), and somehow that counts as a forum visit (this is bad). So, when you go to the forum pages, the timestamps show that your last visit was just a moment ago, so...well, there aren't any new messages since then.

On the other hand, if you use cookies to keep yourself logged in, the new message flags work just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the same problem : I didn't login ScoreHero for a week and then, yesterday, there was no "NEW POST" icon in the forum !?! In fact, the thing bothering me is that I don't want to go over every subject again just to read new posts !!! and now all I can do is hope that recent posts are dumb or useless, so I didn't miss anything ! :P

EDIT : now it works again ! excellent !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some tries this week, I found that :
- if the FIRST thing I do is log myself in the forum, new post icons are there !
- if I log in scorehero, and then log in the forum, there's no new post icons !
PLEASE fix that problem soon ! PLEEEAAASE ! :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually this has started working for me again over the last couple days. As far as I know I haven't changed the way I log in... I am still logging into scorehero and then navigating to the forum.

Thanks!

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as far as I know it should work now. It's been working for me. You just need to make sure you check the forums each time you login since the new posts will only show since your last login.

If it still doesn't work for someone, please explain your exact setup: specifically how you logged in, when you visited the forums, whether you're setup to remember the login with cookies or not, and when your last login time was. Then I'll be able to trace the cause of the problem, since the way I see it now there is no known problem.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears to be working now.
Mike  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything seems ok now ! Great !

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem fixed
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: