ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero II - Up and running!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buttzillaman  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilboss wrote:
Excellent stuff! Just need to wait for the game to come out in the UK so I can start posting some scores...

2 1/2 weeks to go

thats brutal but its worth the wait man and hangar 18,miserlou, jordan, and psycobilly freakout will rock your face off
fatespeaks  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks JCirri, you're aweswome!
heathalynne  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i LOVE this game. hahahaha. i actually like the song selections on GH2 more than GH. kinda refreshing.

good job, jcirri! btw i think you've already noticed, but i've been posting pics and they can be used as proofs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. Just to remind people, to the extent that you can tolerate the hassle, *always* submit your scores with pics of the newspaper where possible. The system will automatically detect a submission that will narrow the cutoff, and will automatically submit it to the proof queue, so you don't have to do that step by hand. I can tell you that myself, personally, not to mention the other mods and admins, I have probably approved well over 250 proofs today alone. Keep em coming, folks!

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got the game a couple of hours ago, played a little over 20 songs, and it feels goooooooooood! Glad I got it on its release day Mr. Green

I've been submitting a couple of scores, a some of which have been kept for cutoff proofs, but I have yet to see the "contribution points" awarded, so I'm wondering : Will the GH I cont. pts. be separated from the GH II cont. pts?

I enjoy contributing, but I'm also aiming for that signature pic...
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing for the last couple of hours. So have probably all the rest of the mods and admins

Proofs go into a queue for approval (we have to look at the pic, and make sure the song name, difficulty, score, and stars match the details you submitted), and the points are awarded after we approve them. They are not seperate from the GH1 points, but you may have to have a bit of patience, especially for the next few days as submissions come in massive numbers... it'll take us a bit of time every few hours (less often in the am hours eastern when most of us are asleep or at work) to work through the queue.

Also, this is probably a good place to point out that we need to see the above 4 pieces of information to approve a pic for proof... which means, screenshots of things which do not show one or more of those pieces of info are no good for proofs, specifically, please don't submit screenshots of your setlist or of the encore page, as these lack information. The newspaper is what we need to see.

I'm going to go work through the queue right now, so if you have any submission waiting that meet the criteria for a proof, you should see your points shortly.

edit: as of 0025 EST, the queue is clear.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the game wasn't enough to get addicted to, there's all the new scores that need to be uploaded. I'm thankful for this challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz, strange question, but if we put in a new score that is not a personal best (or even enough to make it into our top 3), will it still queue up so we can just help determine cut-offs?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very good question, and I don't know the answer. My guess would be yes... if the submission includes all the needed details and a pic, it would get sent to the queue, but I'll point JC at this thread and get him to give you a definitive answer.

Riz.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the score is not good enough to make it into your top 3 (or whatever your upgraded limit may be) scores per song, then it would not get submitted. In such case you could just submit the proof from the Song Stats page. Otherwise if your score gets submitted into the system, even if it's not your personal best, it will auto-submit proofs for any stat(s) to which it may apply.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
slugger  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
I'm going to go work through the queue right now, so if you have any submission waiting that meet the criteria for a proof, you should see your points shortly.

edit: as of 0025 EST, the queue is clear.

I've got four "current" 5-stars cut-offs for songs at Medium, they've been approved, and some of them have narrowed the cut-off by way more than 10k, but I still have the same amount of contr. pts. than before... Is it normal?

Thanks -- and no matter what, I'll still be rockin and submitting! Mr. Green
Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just approved a batch, which included at least a couple of yours. If they narrowed the cutoff by the appropriate amount (see the cutoffs thread for details about the ranges as the gap gets smaller), points would have been given. I don't manually allocate the points... it's all in the code. I just check the pic against the submitted details, and if they match, I approve them. The code does everything from there. If you think there is a discrepancy between what you've submitted and the ranges, you should probably PM JC about it.

Also, another note for folks... if you submitted a proof that you're sure was right, but you didn't get points for it, double check that the score you entered is in fact the score shown on the newspaper I've had to reject probably 5-10 or so (out of about 700ish) because the scores or difficulties didn't match.

Riz.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slugger wrote:
I've got four "current" 5-stars cut-offs for songs at Medium, they've been approved, and some of them have narrowed the cut-off by way more than 10k, but I still have the same amount of contr. pts. than before... Is it normal?

I think you misunderstand the way the system works. If the current cutoff range is greater than 10k (which is the case for almost every GH2 song at the moment), then the required narrowing percentage is 40%. This means your proof must result in narrowing the current range by 40% or more in order to receive contribution.

Simple explanation: As a general rule, if you're going for contribution you should aim for scores in the middle of the current range.

Complicated explanation: For example, if a 5-star cutoff range is currently 150,000-200,000, since the range width is greater than 10k (it's 50k) the required narrowing amount is 40%. So if you submit a score of 4-stars and 165,000 then the new range would become 165,000-200,000 (a width of 35k). In this case you narrowed the range by 15k (from 50k to 35k) which is 30% of the original 50k. This means the proof would not earn contribution (because 30% is less than 40%), even though it narrowed the range by 15k.

Of course, as the range becomes smaller, the narrowing requirement goes down because it becomes more difficult to get scores in a smaller range. Hopefully this will clear things up about why you may have not received contribution for your pictures.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
slugger  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
slugger wrote:

I think you misunderstand the way the system works. If the current cutoff range is greater than 10k (which is the case for almost every GH2 song at the moment), then the required narrowing percentage is 40%. This means your proof must result in narrowing the current range by 40% or more in order to receive contribution.

Simple explanation: As a general rule, if you're going for contribution you should aim for scores in the middle of the current range.

Complicated explanation: For example, if a 5-star cutoff range is currently 150,000-200,000, since the range width is greater than 10k (it's 50k) the required narrowing amount is 40%. So if you submit a score of 4-stars and 165,000 then the new range would become 165,000-200,000 (a width of 35k). In this case you narrowed the range by 15k (from 50k to 35k) which is 30% of the original 50k. This means the proof would not earn contribution (because 30% is less than 40%), even though it narrowed the range by 15k.

Of course, as the range becomes smaller, the narrowing requirement goes down because it becomes more difficult to get scores in a smaller range. Hopefully this will clear things up about why you may have not received contribution for your pictures.

Thanks for the explanations JCirri -- clear and precise, it definitely makes sense.

There's one point I'm curious about, though. What happens in the case where one of the two cutoffs hasn't been determined yet? Does the exact same rule apply?

For example, on Shout At The Devil (medium), I lowered the upper-cutoff by more than 20k, which would be way under the 40% required since the lower-cutoff is still at zero. Yet, we know that the cut-off will be much higher than 0, and that the 20k+ improvement will probably fit in the required 40%. How is this type of entry treated?

Thanks, and congrats for the kick-ass job on this site btw.
ES942  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know if this has been discussed, but is there a general time frame in which co-op scores will be able to be entered?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: