ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Infected deleted from my Medium scores

View previous topic :: View next topic  
appelle  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Infected deleted from my Medium scores Reply with quote

Hi,

I tried to add my new score for Infected, and it has now completely disappeared from my Medium score lineup, and from my points total. It looks to still be there on all other levels of difficulty. I don't remember my old score, but I do know that it was five stars, 99% - and the weird thing was, the 99% was always green, as if it were 100%. My new score is 163386, 100%, 5 stars, 528 note streak.

Thanks looking into it!

appelle
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really strange. Don't worry your scores haven't been deleted, they're still in the system. It's just a problem with the query retrieving the scores for display. I'm working now on resolving the problem.

I'd like to know exactly how this problem was caused. Do you remember what you did directly before noticing this issue? If you had inserted a 100% score, or deleted a score, etc..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added the new Infected score, the 100% one that I mentioned in my first post; the page refreshed like usual, but when it had, Infected and all its points were gone. Tres weird!

Thanks for looking into it!
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've fixed the score display in your case, the problem was that you had 2 scores in the system but neither one was marked as your best score (this should be handled automatically). The fact that this occured means theres an underlying issue in score submissions that I need to address that's causing the problem, probably regarding the new checks I implemented for 100% scores.

Hopefully I'll find the cause and prevent this from happening again. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Also, if you're wondering why your 99% was green, read this thread. It's a new feature I just implemented.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing it so quickly, and all the info. You kick ass. (This site is great in general, btw, completely makes me love the game in a whole new way )
ghorsche  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my recent Heart Full of Black submission for Hard.

Sounds like I'm in much the same situation as the OP: I had 3 scores in for this song already, one of which was a 100%, but my top score was a 99%. It disappeared when I input a new top score that was 100%.

It may worth mentioning that my original 100% score was not a full combo (extra strum), but I suspect the scorekeeping code doesn't care.

edit: I was able to solve the problem by manually retrieving the corresponding "delete scores" page and deleting both other scores, then resubmitting the most recent score. Interestingly, the most recent score (the one that caused the problem) was not in the database.

To repro (I'm guessing here but it seems likely):

1. Submit a 100% score.
2. Submit a higher score with a lesser percentage of notes hit.
3. With 3 saved scores, submit a score higher than your others with 100% notes hit.

Workaround for users:

1. Figure out what the delete URL is for the missing song (get the song number from somebody else's stats and put it into one of your delete URLs).
2. Delete all the scores you see.
3. Re-enter the score that caused the song to disappear.

+ all of expert cleared on a different memory card :lol:
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: when you went to the delete scores URL were there 2 or 3 scores listed, and which ones were they?

Btw, smart thinking on the workaround.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Question: when you went to the delete scores URL were there 2 or 3 scores listed, and which ones were they?

Just 2 scores. They were the older ones. There was my original 100% score and a higher 99% score.

+ all of expert cleared on a different memory card :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: