ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
British Release of Guitar Hero 3!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: British Release of Guitar Hero 3! Reply with quote

It's probably blasphemy for me to be a yank making this topic, but I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a get-together in London for the release of Guitar Hero 3?

I'm going to be in London sending my parents off to the airport on Saturday, the 24th of November (day after release) and I was wondering if any of you guys would be up for a get-together.

I cannot host this as I don't live in London, lol, but if anyone is willing to volunteer their place for a meet up on that day I'd be all for it. I don't have money for a hotel for the night, so I'm guessing it would just last all day and we'd leave in the evening (well, I would anyway, I'm sure the rest of you will play into the wee hours of the morning).

Any takers? I'd like for at least 5 people to sign up before I change my train ticket.

Those attending:
GuitarHailz
thecaptainof
Mikeybaby
b08smith

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
simey  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for it, but i doubt my parents would let me attend, because of internet risks etc. But what airport will you be at? It might be relatively me. Although i probably couldn't host either, considering how small my house is.

What console would you be planning to buy gh3 on? i mean, would you be providing the gamr to play? If we can get a decision on platform before hand, people may be able to bring custom discs etc along, or customized controllers...
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simey wrote:
What console would you be planning to buy gh3 on? i mean, would you be providing the gamr to play? If we can get a decision on platform before hand, people may be able to bring custom discs etc along, or customized controllers...

As Hailz is offline (and this came out an IM conversation between us, heh), I'll pick that up...

She won't be buying it, ideally the host would have it.

I'll be getting it on the 360 unless something goes drastically wrong but whether or not I can actually host it will depend on numbers and whether my housemates object.

As for platform... I guess we'll sort that out when we know who's coming and where it's gonna be.

EDIT: Either way I expect I can bring a custom-ready PS2, a PS2 controller and a 360 controller.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simey wrote:
I'd be up for it, but i doubt my parents would let me attend, because of internet risks etc. But what airport will you be at? It might be relatively me. Although i probably couldn't host either, considering how small my house is.

I'll gladly make my way from the airport to wherever the get-together is held, so no need to worry about that.

As far as console, I don't have a preference either way. Whoever is hosting would ideally have the game. I would prefer 360 or PS2, seeing as how those systems will have multiple controllers already. But, say, if people want to play on PS3, and more than one person attending will be getting the PS3 game, then they can bring their controller and the co-op/face-off problem is solved.

I will not buy the game until I get back to the states, for obvious reasons:
1. No PS2
2. No TV
3. Its more expensive here

If anyone else is interested, please post!! This will be my only chance to meet SH UK folks. Even if there is a chance you could host, regardless of the size of your place, don't be afraid to put your name in the hat. I'd like to organize this sooner rather than later, so I can figure out my train ticket situation (right now I have a ticket leaving London at 8AM that morning, but if there will be a get together I'm going to try to get an evening ticket).

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
b08smith  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in, not based in London though and don't currently have a house (working on that one, come on mortgage approval!) but I'll drive up to meet some fellow UK SH members.

Should have a 360 copy of the game and possibly 2 controllers (Could easily bring the console too if needed.)

Be nice to get my arse kicked by some good players.

mikeybaby  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% in there

"All I do is sit down at the [laptop] and start hitting the keys. Getting them in the right order, that's the trick... that's the trick" The immortal words of Garth Marenghi
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! If any of you have other UK buddies that play, bring them along. Still no official host of this, but it sounds like the 360 version would make the most sense to play on.

I'll try to PM the people that were interested in the WSVG get-together and see if they're interested in this one.

1KJ08mq.jpg
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I don't know why I'm considering my housemates in this - they'll be fine as long as the place doesn't get destroyed... and anyway, they'll probably join us if there's booze going on. I still have a couple of concerns about offering to host though:

Like I said around the planning of the WSVG meetup, the communal area in the place I'm living this year is about half the size of the one we had last year. Any more than about ten people (including the four of us that live here) and it can be a bit crowded. It's doable, just don't expect to be sitting down. As it happens, one of my housemates is very unlikely to be around by then so that's one less body... hm.

Also, where we are is a bit out of the way, off the beaten track y'might say. It only takes half an hour to get into central London on the train but still that might involve extra planning for people in terms of getting home and stuff.

...so yeah. This isn't to say that I absolutely won't host it, just that there are limits to what I can do, really.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Mattz0r  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in... If i get the job im interviewing for tomorrow...

EDIT: I can have my PS2 with various Custom GH2 disc Fun fun!!

EDIT EDIT: Will Add the information to the UK Meet thread i made

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattz0r wrote:
Count me in... If i get the job im interviewing for tomorrow...

EDIT: I can have my PS2 with various Custom GH2 disc Fun fun!!

EDIT EDIT: Will Add the information to the UK Meet thread i made

fun fun!! Haha, though it might be hard to tear away a bunch of GH3-deprived Brits from a brand new game to play customs. I vote we just stick to 360. (Though if the host has some other console we can play on that too >>;). If I had money for the night I'd stay until Sunday too. We shall see.

Dude, you're from Lincolnshire? Fuckin' A! *high five'd*

1KJ08mq.jpg
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got directed to this thread by GuitarHailz (should really check this section more often...), and I'm probably gonna be up for this. If I'm correct, this is in the same week as the Mono concert on the 20th, so this'll be the 2nd time I go into London that week (and possibly the 2nd time I meet thecaptainof, too)...if I'm right in thinking that the 24th is a saturday, I'm more than game as I'm not working.

Add me to the list, I reckon. Thanks to thecaptainof for offering to host (provisionally) too!

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
gamedemon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do we have two threads for the same event?? Anyway, I'm up for this.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 068836507783
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamedemon wrote:
Why do we have two threads for the same event?? Anyway, I'm up for this.

I made this thread because the other one was losing interest, and I wanted to initiate a new get together. Then Mattz0r saw this thread and edited the UK Meet thread so there are 2 threads now.

Mods or whoever can lock this one if so desired. And glad people are interested!

1KJ08mq.jpg
gamedemon  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a rhetorical question really...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 068836507783
thedevilsreject  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i already posted in the other, but im a definate maybe, the only thing that will stop me is money, plus i will be getting GH3 on 360

ps, i didnt realise you live so close to where i stay at weekends hailz

pps, im already looking forward to playing you swifty, bring it on

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jax0509
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: