ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So. Wii or PS3?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wii or PS3?
Wii
76%
 76%  [ 70 ]
PS3
23%
 23%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 91

Hellion42  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What, no poll choice for "neither?"

I'll prolly eventually get both, but for now I see no reason to make a fuss. I don't see myself getting a PS3 until 1) the price comes down 2) all the bugs/QC issues that invariably accompany a Sony console launch are worked out (or at least identified) 3) the price comes down 4) there's any games worth buying. Right now it's the same crap we've all been playing for years, except shinier.

As far as the Wii goes, well, I don't have any place to hook it up. My room is 20 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag, and there's no place for me to sit/stand comfortably in front of the TV with the controller pointed at it. That, and, well, most of the games thus far are the same crap we've all been playing for years, except with a new control scheme (and if the DS is any indication most of those games will feel like the remote was shoehorned into the game needlessly). Yeah, Twilight Princess looks cool, as does the new Trauma Center, but it's nothing that won't be around next year when things (and prices) have settled down.

In the meantime, I've got a still-growing pile of unplayed games from the current gen that need attention. It's not like the launch of new consoles makes "old" games any less fun.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting a Wii, but not until Christmas. I don't want to fail all my classes from being distracted by both GHII and a Wii. :/
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wii all the way
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wii wii wii all the way home. *cough* well, someone had to be clever about it.

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Wii, easily. I'm actually going to stake out at Target and try to get one at launch.

After the Sony - LikSang debacle, I'm not sure I want to support Sony anymore...

Didn't they say that there will be plenty of Wii's available at launch for everyone? Thought I read that somewhere.
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Didn't they say that there will be plenty of Wii's available at launch for everyone? Thought I read that somewhere.

thats because not too many people will be going out to buy them.... ohhh, burn, jk jk.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Huwonk wrote:
Wii, easily. I'm actually going to stake out at Target and try to get one at launch.

After the Sony - LikSang debacle, I'm not sure I want to support Sony anymore...

Not from what I've read... My nearest Target is getting 69 Wiis and that is in one of the more trafficked areas of Columbus, OH.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MJM249 wrote:
I'm getting a Wii, but not until Christmas. I don't want to fail all my classes from being distracted by both GHII and a Wii. :/

Yeah i'll be getting it on the 8th but not playing it until Christmas.

Put it this way: Do you want to play 40 player online deathmatches in Resistance or play Zelda on your own?

Right now, i'd much rather play Zelda. Fuck it anyway the PS3 is way too expensive.

------------------------
GH2 is out in 9 days!
manicmonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i were to choose right now, i'd go wor the wii. Its very affordable, and as for the ps3, its waaaaaaaay overpriced! I will wait for prices to go down to get one, but that'll probably take years. Unless Guitar hero 3 comes out for the ps3 then ill run out and grab a ps3. I'm not a big fan of the 360 because it's just mainly shooters and sports games with good graphics. i prefer variety!
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
Not from what I've read... My nearest Target is getting 69 Wiis and that is in one of the more trafficked areas of Columbus, OH.

69? that seems like a lot to me, even for a popular area. im sure there wasnt one place that had 69 xbox 360s at launch. but i really dont know, never worked at a place like best buy where they would know how many consoles at one time is normal. North America is getting less than 1 million ps3s on launch, right? there def. wont be more than 10 at one place at a time.
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrackerRiley wrote:
North America is getting less than 1 million ps3s on launch, right? there def. wont be more than 10 at one place at a time.

Try less than half a million.

suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
CrackerRiley wrote:
North America is getting less than 1 million ps3s on launch, right? there def. wont be more than 10 at one place at a time.

Yeah they are saying about 400,000 right now. So I'd think it'd be damn near impossible to find one.

I read an interesting article just now talking about Japanese gamers selling PS3 online...and not even making their money back. Whhaaaa?
Fugumss  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreyvas wrote:
CrackerRiley wrote:

400000 is what sony WANTS to ship...we all know that isn't gonna happen, so a little shy of 400k. You'll be lucky if your local EB gets 2.

As for the Wii, there will be 1 million+ on launch day worldwide, and another 3 million by the end of the year (yes, by the end of 2006). This is probably due to its specs being nearly identicle to the gamecube, thus not many quirks to work out.

The PS3 is to high tech for its own good, and the publishers own good. There are really no games that make me go HOLY FUCK except for MGS4....and any EGM subscribers now know that MGS4 will more than likely be on the 360 too. With microsoft possibly purchasing Capcom...ps3 is screwed. If MGS4 isn't exclusive to PS3 and Capcom can only make for 360 (thus meaning RE series 360 exclusive) then there is no AMAZING ps3 exclusive in the near future. Gran Turismo? Fuck that. Killzone? That game was a joke. The Final Fantasy series will still sell a crapload of consoles, but halo outsells Final Fantasy by a long shot now. Hell, Gears of War outsells Final Fantasy 12. Americans just love brutally killing things...thanks a lot CNN.

I'd buy a Wii. I already played it, and let me tell you...ITS AMAZING!!
career score 13mil (12.3mil)
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely not getting a Wii, so I'll probably get a PS3 after a one or two price drops, regardless of how long it takes

edit: and I might add that 360 is by far the worst of all the next gen consoles

Last edited by popemobile on Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I love Final Fantasy, but come on. Just go ahead and shoot yourself in the head with this launch, Sony. Sheesh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: