ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero SG Lemonade Project (Not sure where to put this)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Casanovak  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero SG Lemonade Project (Not sure where to put this) Reply with quote

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. This is my last actual post on this site. I usually just lurk.

Anyways I just purchased Guitar Hero 2. Long story short I spilled lemonade into the strum bar. It seemed okay as I kept playing but today it sticks when I strum up.

I alt. strum so this has become a problem. Yes I can down-strum too but this has me really paranoid.

I've tried using a damp cloth, a piece of paper to try to wipe it out but that won't work.

I think I need to take it apart but I'm VERY worried about doing this, especially since the bundle cost me quite a bit of money.

Is it safe for me, someone who has never taken apart anything, to do this?

What kind of screwdriver would I need to take it apart? Would I need anything else?

Again I apologize if this is in the wrong forum , but I feel ill about this :P

Thanks fellow players.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The title's a bit misleading, but I can help.

To take apart the SG, you really only need one Phillips screwdriver. It should be relatively small (small enough to fit into the hole and actually unscrew it obviously), but they're all simple Phillips screws.

If you have one to unscrew and a smaller one to unscrew the parts inside (if you need to do that), don't worry about it. The pieces are really easy to take apart and put back together.

...And you are the first person I've ever heard who has spilled lemonade on your controller.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My controller still has leftover captain n coke inside haha
Casanovak  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm shocked I spilled anything on it too I'm always so paranoid about this type of thing.

It was inbetween songs, I took a gulp of lemonade but I think my jaw vanished on me because I slobbered all over the place.

I was mocking the song "Girlfriend". Ahhh karma

EDIT: Oh and sorry for the misleading title. My body has gone into shock! NEED TO PLAAAAAY
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like hylian said, just a normal phillips screw driver for the outside. Possibly a smaller one for the inside to get the strumbar circuit board out to reach the strumbar itself. but a warning, be careful to not let the whammy bar fall outta place, it will dissasemble itself and it's the hardest part of the guitar to put back together. it's not impossible though just frustrating to do. just a word of the wise.
Casanovak  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys.

before I decided to take the big leap and try fixing it myself... I took it back to EB to try and exchange it

Sure enough they WILL exchange it, but they don't have any in right now

They did however let me keep the game until more come in soI can use the controller frm the first game!

Skrot  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend did this too, just keep playing an eventually the strum bar will be like its supposed too, my start button still sticks from time to time though.
Roccomation  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just take it apart like the person before me said. . .my gh guitar is currenty ripped apart in a few days ill get it back. so dont worry about unscrewing it...its safe i hope GH guitar comes out good and before i go on vacation . . .
oniman  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i spilled car wax on my guitar and it still works,
Slazer  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well again to reitterate, all you need is 2 philips screwdrivers. a normal sized one, and then a #2 (smaller sized) philips head for the circuit borad inside. you're going to need to take off the back, the neck, and the circuit board so you can get at the strumbar and the strumbar switches. if the only problem is with the actual bar itself, just wipe that off. but more likely is that the problem is with the strum buttons. they are little white buttons on the circuit board and you may need to take those out and clean those off too. to see what the strumbar buttons are click here.

<-- add this to your sig!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: