ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New England Get-Together Round 2 (Date: TBA once more)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samling  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately there's a major setback; as of right now, my parents are against having the get-together at my house, since they don't like being ousted from the living room for a day or more, apparently. I'll try to do some convincing, but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions or offers for a location?
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My house is small. However, my mother has no problem letting me invite 10+ people over for a couple of days for Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I don't actually think it's possible to fit 10 people comfortably into my house, but it's a possibility. It's a one-story house, so other people should probably suggest their houses before anyone decides it's a good idea to have the party at mine.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a big house... My parents will most likely be against having 10+ strange people from the internet over but I'll go for it... This isn't good.
ImmortalX  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a big empty house with electricity... but no heat.

Might be a problem.
Drunken Javery Mann: If we can put a man on the moon, we can put a man on the sun. We can put all the men in the world on the sun. There'll be a textile factory there, with wings. Inside that are all the women of the world. On the outside, there's an inch-long chain that attaches that textile factory to the one with the men in it. All 3 million of them. And then we will colonize the sun and make little communities. Because if we can put a man on the moon, then obviously we can do this.
cky71321  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ImmortalX wrote:
I have a big empty house with electricity... but no heat.

Might be a problem.

Dude, we're from NEW ENGLAND, we can a little bit of cold air.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Liquid Strife
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prolly better then my cluttered basement.
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably better than my small house. I have absolutely nothing against a big empty house with electricity and no heat. That just means I would have to wear an extra layer of clothing, no big deal. ImmortalX, how old are you? Do you think it might be possible to host the party at your house?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris13yo and myself MIGHT attend this event.

More information would be nice though.
samling  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's a definite, my house is entirely out of the question. We need a new location. I'm attempting to contact the Holo-Dek, a local LAN centre in Hampton that might be able to accommodate us for a night, but we may have to chip in quite a bit, so that's probably not going to happen either. The best we can do right now is find another house to use.
Benedettosoxfan  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's at the Hampton Holodek I might be able to go. Key word MIGHT.

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Benedettosoxfan
Send me a request!
erock  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is some where in south eastern mass called Kiesterz, they usualy have tournements, u should check it out
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 103206808524
kainiac  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I'd be able to go is if it was a reasonable distance from my house (North Attleboro, MA) which is pretty much the corner sepearting RI and MA. other than that, I don't think my parents owuld dirve me all the way to NH.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right guys, not to be too pushy, but if we want this get-together to happen, we need a host house, and soon. I'm still willing to put my house up, but that is ONLY in a last ditch effort, due to how small it is. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armageddon wrote:
All right guys, not to be too pushy, but if we want this get-together to happen, we need a host house, and soon. I'm still willing to put my house up, but that is ONLY in a last ditch effort, due to how small it is. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Fry?

We moved to a new house recently, and my old house is the abandoned one, which we were originally going to sell.

Well, we took the house off the market. Nobody lives there any more, so it's pretty desolate.

I'd have to ask my mom and she'd have to say yes, which is not very likely, but if she did, it would have to be BYOTV. We don't have any TV's in that house AT ALL. Of course, people would have to bring their copies of Guitar Hero and Rock Band (hopefully Rock Band, haven't played it yet), and I would bring mine and my game systems. We could definitely hold a pretty decent get-together there, but like I said, no heat. Not at all. The house is 200 years old, so there's no effective insulation, either.

It would be like playing Guitar Hero outside. However, if I can get permission to use the house, I'll start to set things up. Honestly, though, I'm most likely not going to be able to use the house. My mom is afraid of being sued because of liability issues. So, worst case scenario, we all go to Armageddon's house and cramp up. (At least it'll be warm, lol)
Drunken Javery Mann: If we can put a man on the moon, we can put a man on the sun. We can put all the men in the world on the sun. There'll be a textile factory there, with wings. Inside that are all the women of the world. On the outside, there's an inch-long chain that attaches that textile factory to the one with the men in it. All 3 million of them. And then we will colonize the sun and make little communities. Because if we can put a man on the moon, then obviously we can do this.
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that information, I no longer wish to stay a couple of days in a freezing cold, abandoned house. Thanks for trying ImmortalX. If anyone still thinks it's a good idea to stay at a place that is essentially as cold as it is outside, please say so now. Does anyone have any more places to offer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: