Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
How to convert songs from Freetar to Guitar Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riz  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Freetar has no concept of star power. You have to add the star power with a midi editor after you convert to midi from freetar format.

Riz.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, thanx for the answer Riz. Is there a tools beside TabIt that can use to make star power?
zzzzzz  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abenz wrote:
Oh, thanx for the answer Riz. Is there a tools beside TabIt that can use to make star power?

Easiest way to add star power is to use Anvil Studio, open your midi after conversion and select the track you want to add SP to, next on the left of your track timeline you should see notes, such as C Sharp and others, below the notes is a add sounds... button, click this buttom and change it so you have 3 more tracks of notes, such as if the value is 5, make it now 8. Once you have done this you will notice new sound tracks on your timeline, the track G, is your SP track, using anvil as a midi editor make notes extending over your entire sequence that you want to make SP. To make this a lil easier ill upload an image in a sec.

Alright here is the pic:

::the red circle i made in paint, is the SP sequence::
:::make sure to overlap the entire sequence and not cut it short mid note:::
Abenz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well thanx zzzzzz, i'll try it.
carlcarlson  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the page with the convertor seems to be down. can someone else host it? I cant' seem to find it anywhere else.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working for me, give it another shot. Perhaps you don't have java installed?
zzzzzz  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carlcarlson wrote:
the page with the convertor seems to be down. can someone else host it? I cant' seem to find it anywhere else.

Yeah the site is stil up
carlcarlson  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really? I still can't get it. I don't have the internet so I'm using computers on campus. I've tried four different labs, using pcs and macs, and using firefox, ie, and safari. the same thing happens every time. is it hosted anywhere else?

(thanks for the replies by the way!)
poserboarder  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: How to convert songs from Freetar to Guitar Hero Reply with quote

ImaCarrot1 wrote:

The midi file isn't quite ready for use in Guitar Hero, though the notes are in the right place (even if you have all the difficulties in one file), you still need to add all the proper tracks.

The easiest thing to do is to grab one of the Guitar Hero midi files and just swap the notes in there with your notes, also you have to change the End event time to match your notes end.

You also will want to do a little reality check and make sure that the notes duration isn't too long. I failed to do that when I first converted Johnny B Good, every single note in the game was a very short sustain. I went back to the midi file and, sure enough, all of the notes had a duration of 135, which is 15 pulses over what Guitar Hero starts to treat as a sustain. So make sure all of your notes have good durations.

Can anyone expand on this process once you have converted the .sng file to the .mid file? I am not clear what to do afterwards in regard to swapping notes. I would very much appreciate a response. Thanks in advance.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: How to convert songs from Freetar to Guitar Hero Reply with quote

poserboarder wrote:
ImaCarrot1 wrote:

The midi file isn't quite ready for use in Guitar Hero, though the notes are in the right place (even if you have all the difficulties in one file), you still need to add all the proper tracks.

The easiest thing to do is to grab one of the Guitar Hero midi files and just swap the notes in there with your notes, also you have to change the End event time to match your notes end.

You also will want to do a little reality check and make sure that the notes duration isn't too long. I failed to do that when I first converted Johnny B Good, every single note in the game was a very short sustain. I went back to the midi file and, sure enough, all of the notes had a duration of 135, which is 15 pulses over what Guitar Hero starts to treat as a sustain. So make sure all of your notes have good durations.

Can anyone expand on this process once you have converted the .sng file to the .mid file? I am not clear what to do afterwards in regard to swapping notes. I would very much appreciate a response. Thanks in advance.

If opening an original Guitar Hero (1 or 2) midi doesn't clarify what that statement means for you, then please don't bother creating your own custom songs right now.

Also, to everyone, I added a disclaimer to the original post, please read.
poserboarder  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's understandable the swapping part, I am assuming you mean to copy the notes and paste them into someone else's midi to make it ready to play...

The question I was really asking was... is this done through anvil? And can you briefly explain the process?

I appreciate your reply.

Thanks again.
poserboarder  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When "swapping" my notes in from a downloaded midi inside anvil... how do I do this?

What I do is select all of my notes and hit copy. I then open up the downloaded midi, select all and delete all those notes... but from here I can't seem to find the right thing to do. First problem being there are three different paste options and none of them seem to paste my notes into this midi.

Can anyone please expand?? Thanks a lot!
poserboarder  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draidus wrote:
I'd also like some help. I have taken a .sng and used the nukular tool to convert it to .mid. Then I took the .mid, opened it in anvil, chose FILE, MERGE SONG and then I chose to merge it with Cheat on the Church (which I already made to work in GH2), like Sargoth said he does on the first page of this forum... As soon as I do this my track duration changes to 18:42:02 I assume this shouldn't happen?? I move on anyway... I delete the PART GUITAR track, and rename the new track as PART GUITAR. When I go VIEW, EVENT LIST, and choose EVENTS, my end time is also 18:42:02. I read that the end time needs to match the end of the song, but I have no idea how to change this. And by end, does that mean the time when the last note ends in the chart or when the actual end of the songs is? (i.e. my track is 5m04s, but the last note in the songs chart is around 4m29s and the rest of the track is just garbled feedback with no guitar... SOOOO, do I want to end my .mid file at the 4:29 mark or at the end of the actual song(5:04)?

Sorry this is so long, if anyone wants to just spare 5 minutes and MSN me, you can add tonysafag@hotmail.com and I will think you're awesome.

Thanks for making the guide. You SH people are amazing.

I am having the same problem as this fellow, if anyone can elaborate... also after the merge and deleting part guitar and renaming track 1 to part guitar, is it okay to leave the rest of the tracks in there from the original mid even though part 1 is my notes from the freetar mid??

I am too new at this, but seem to be getting the hang of it, would appreciate the help greatly. Thanks again.
carlcarlson  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to bring this up again, but I still can't get the converter page to load. I got it to load one time, and of course that was the time that I didn't have my sng file with me. does anyone know what the deal is? I've tried different browsers, installed java, etc, but nothing works..
Emtee  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay..in Anvil, i've opened the .mid of the song I want to put into GH2, and then click on Merge Song, and open the .mid I extracted from GH2, but when they merge together, there's no track called T1 GEMS or PART GUITAR...not sure what to do here.

Edit: I opened the GH2 song first, then merged it with the song I wanted to put in, and as far as I can tell it worked out okay.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Argantes53 PSN Name: emtee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: