ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Scoring System FAQ (cutoff calculation explained!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nohodg9  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri.. Thanks a lot for this guide! This will make trying to figure out 5* Scores easier when I try to do them myself. Also, the guide on how many points you lose when you miss a note was genius
Top 500 My Name Is Jonas [X]
Beat TTFAF [ ]
ijc  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nice thread and helped me soemwhat, but im still confused on the cutoff scoring.

I take the number and mutiply it by 2.8 and..?? i dont know ill try reading it slower, but am still confused :/
tma  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ijc wrote:
This is a nice thread and helped me soemwhat, but im still confused on the cutoff scoring.

I take the number and mutiply it by 2.8 and..?? i dont know ill try reading it slower, but am still confused :/

Have a read over this topic and see if it clears things up for you: Song Scores, Extended Star Ratings and Cut-Offs FAQ.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
Jebebas  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Question About Scoring System Reply with quote

Is there a page on the "cut offs" for star levels.
If so can some1 send me the page.
Cuz i need to no why i can't get five stars on certain songs.

Thanx
Jebebas
tma  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Re: Question About Scoring System Reply with quote

Jebebas wrote:
Is there a page on the "cut offs" for star levels.
If so can some1 send me the page.
Cuz i need to no why i can't get five stars on certain songs.

Thanx
Jebebas

Yes, right here: http://www.scorehero.com/songstats.php

Please have a read over Song Scores, Extended Star Ratings and Cut-Offs FAQ of you need any more information.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
bballcenter7  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in co-op mode are single notes worth 50 as well, some other number, or does it fluctuate? I am trying to prove a couple of co-op cutoffs, and this would be extremely valuable info!

freebones  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

pretty nice, bet that took alot of effort, but its good to just lookup the cutoff for the songs that we conveniently have here. but i respect the fact that you have spent the time to figure this out
tma  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bballcenter7 wrote:
in co-op mode are single notes worth 50 as well, some other number, or does it fluctuate? I am trying to prove a couple of co-op cutoffs, and this would be extremely valuable info!

They score the same as regular notes (50 x the current multiplier). Your confusion might be that there are two people playing, so if two people hit a note at the same time, it's worth 100 x the multiplier...
panteraddict  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 1 question....

Does whammying a chord get you double the amount of star power as whammying a regular note?

Best expert FC's: Mother, Carry me home, you really got me, rock this town, laid to rest

My strategy to 5*'ing misirlou... http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28694
morty  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no. getting star power by whammying is based on beats (how many of them do you whammy)

S6(Rock's the 80s) OB League CHAMPION!
S7(Legends of Rock) OB League 3rd place!
S9(All GH Games Hard) 2nd place!
d34thd34l3r  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool
bananaman300  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk whats with gh3 and its cutoffs. it seems its not just the score that matters any more, my friend will be making a thread with two pictures, one with a score and three stars, and one with a lower score, but four stars. it was on ttfaf on online co-op, expert
debr5836  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH3 SCORING DIFFERENCES

Sustained chords don't score any differently (for the sustain part of the score) than a sustained single note in GH3. Its 25 points per beat of sustain regardless of the number of notes in the chord.

Check out my SP Galleries for GH1-PS2, GH2-PS2, GH2-X360, GHRT80S-PS2, and GH3
GH2 Log: 9/2/2007
brooksycc7  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
bballcenter7 wrote:

They score the same as regular notes (50 x the current multiplier). Your confusion might be that there are two people playing, so if two people hit a note at the same time, it's worth 100 x the multiplier...

That's wrong actually...It's based on how many base points per player (lead/rhythm-bass) there are in the song.

You take the base score of each player (using normal scoring methods), add them together, and then divide it by two and spread the points out accordingly to the notes for each player. This becomes a very strange number for every note (could have two different scores for two different single notes with the same multiplier).

Notes are different point values for every song in the game because the base score is different for each player in every song of the game.

This also makes SP path VERY interesting because naturally bass parts are gonna have less notes, therefore more points per note and an inverse effect on most lead parts.

But, as said in the original post (2 * medium base score is 4*) and (2 * expert base score is 5*). Basically if you get 3*, you and your partner are fairly terrible.
JosephL  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two questions about scoring:

1) Am I correct in assuming, for example, that a multiplier of 2.518x (or 2.5x for older GH games) means that the true multiplier is somewhere between 2.518 and 2.518999999999..., as opposed to between 2.5175 and 2.518499999999...?

Edit: I'm guessing this answers the first question as the latter option.

2) If I were to generate an Excel spreadsheet that would give base scores and cutoffs based on scores and multipliers (one that would incorporate multiple examples in order to minimize the possible range for the base score), would that be useful here? I don't care about contribution points, but I would like to know if it would be used.
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: