ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Push Hacking Further

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ombra  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Push Hacking Further Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum and i really love the game so i started checking all the foum sections and stumbled accross this one... wich i personally like 'cause of hobby of messing around with file formats on games.

So i tought... having custom songs and all in the game is cool but why not pushing it even further and understand all the other file formats?

It would be cool to have custom songs with the names and all. I don't know if somebody is willing to go on with it but if you are interested i would like to know.

Btw, i was looking at file structure of the game and i saw a couple of interesting files under the \..\..\system\run\config\gen\ folder wich are not listed in the other \config\ folder:

bankedit.dtb
bankedit_tool.dtb
milo_tool.dtb
sysutl.dtb
uiutl.dtb
vagutl.dtb
xbutl.dtb

Maybe by relinking these files to others used by the game we can access some interesting stuff.

What you think guys?
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from my understanding (i may be wrong) the dtb files are either encrypted or password protected or something. so until we can crack those open, we're still kinda in the dark as far as renaming custom tracks
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
Ombra  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes DarkCalx,

i was looking at them and they look indeed compressed or encrypted.

Yesterday night i was trying to get some uncompressed data out of the RAM with PCSX2 but i can't find the memory mapping of the PS2 anywhere. That should give us a starting point to know exactly what's going on with those files.

Btw, somebody with ASM skills can easily track the routine in the SLUS and find out what is really going on. Is somebody willing to try?? Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: