ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: GHII League Reply with quote

I've no idea if this is a new idea or not, but bear with me.

For anyone interested, I want to try to do a "league" type of rivalry. There could be different types of leagues, such as one for each difficulty, but since I would like to compete against people in songs other than hard, it could be set up like D,C,B,A,AA, where D is mostly beginner, C is Medium, B is hard, and A AA are both expert, but split due to the large spread of ability you can have.

As for how it would work, there would be a set of songs to do each week, maybe 5 or so. Some songs will be simple high score, but I would like for some songs to also have some challenges involved, such as playing non-dominant handed, playing with the lefty flip reversed for you, but not switching the controller around, etc. I also would like to select one song a week by a poll, or all songs could be selected by a poll if people wanted to do it that way.

At the end of the week, scores would be posted (or emailed if people preffered to avoid the whole wait and beat out everybody's score approach) and people would get point values based on performance, blah blah blah, I hope you get the idea.

Points - semi-standard track meet values:

1st - 10
2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th - 4
5th - 2
6th - 1

In case of a tie both players would get points for place they tied for.

If you are interested please respond. I think this could be quite interesting, and to keep interest for those not yet in it down the road we could reset points once a month maybe? If there is something I didn't cover or made sound confusing, let me know and I'll clarify. Hopefully this will have some interest for everyone.

Last edited by Javman158 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:19 pm; edited 25 times in total
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this ever gets off the ground i'd be willing to be in the A section of Expert. Sounds like a great idea, i hope others will join in to get this going soon.
Kecos  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
If this ever gets off the ground i'd be willing to be in the A section of Expert. Sounds like a great idea, i hope others will join in to get this going soon.

I'd be class A. I just hope this goes over well.

Last edited by Kecos on Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
EviLize  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:

This quote alone will case the league to fail. If you're interested in this idea, I'd edit your post, because I can guarantee nobody on these forums is going to join the A league if someone with the 3rd highest score on Misirlou is in it. Where do the people that can only 3 or 4 star it go? IMO anyone who either a) has the log, b) can 5* Jordan, or c) is in the top 50 or so overall, should definately be in the AA group, and pretty much everyone else should be in the A group.
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well then the thread maker can throw me where he sees fit. i don't care. i just don't wanna be stuck with people that can FC more then like heart shaped box or people like ES, Pope, Azaurc or the like.

I mean i'm only 3rd in ONE song. in the top 20 in maybe 10 songs if that. and the rest are an average of 90-60 and overall i'm probly 60th.
EviLize  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) That's where you belong. The fact that they'll probably win doesn't change that. There's a reason they're in like 1st place overall.

2) They can FC it because they put time into it. That's what FCing any song requires, because it's not that difficult, it's just annoying because it's so easy to mess up on something stupid over the course of a 5-minute song. You could do it too if you tried, and it would be a hell of a lot easier than 5*ing Jordan.

3) You FCed Monkey Wrench, which is the most fucking frustrating song in the first three tiers.
BigE  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it's a cool idea. i'd be interested.

if you'd want to run it like an actual "league". 10 people in each division. you could have like 4-6 weeks regular season. top 6 make p-offs - 3 weeks of p-offs.....and winner gets a score hero shirt ;)

unfortunately...i don't think the interest would be there without some massive effort.

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Kecos  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea Mr. Green sorry for useless posting but I had to.
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EviLize wrote:
1) That's where you belong. The fact that they'll probably win doesn't change that. There's a reason they're in like 1st place overall.

2) They can FC it because they put time into it. That's what FCing any song requires, because it's not that difficult, it's just annoying because it's so easy to mess up on something stupid over the course of a 5-minute song. You could do it too if you tried, and it would be a hell of a lot easier than 5*ing Jordan.

3) You FCed Monkey Wrench, which is the most fucking frustrating song in the first three tiers.

yea monkey wrench pissed me off. Maybe i'm just being Modest, i don't think myself to be such a good GH player but apparently i am.

I guess sign me up for AA then. I don't care i just want a reason to play more.
JHetfield0816  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this idea too. Put me in AA.

"The resistance that you fight physically in the gym and the resistance that you fight in life can only build a strong character." - Arnold
popemobile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, so it seems there is a bit of uneasiness towards having only 2 expert divisions. How about we change the divisions as such:

D- Beginner
C - Medium
B - Hard
A - Expert I
AA - Expert II
AAA - Expert III

with Expert I being people who can play most expert songs, but have difficulties 5*ing the tougher ones, Expert II being those who can 5* most songs, and Expert III being those who consider themselves in that very top tier, 5*ing everything and being able to 6 and 7 star songs.

Also please note that although I labeled divisions with a difficulty level, those divisions will NOT be restricted to playing songs on just that difficulty, aka Expert I participants may want to get a healthy dose of hard songs as well, or maybe some of the AA or AAA people can play songs on hard with the twists thrown in.

Length of the leagues will be shorter to start, maybe 3 weeks with a single week playoff style round, just so the kinks can be found and worked out.

As for participants, since there could be quite a large number for the B, A, and AA divisions, the max can start at 20, and the point system can be changed to award points to the top 10 places per song.

As for who will go where, for the most part I will leave it up to everyone to place themselves accordingly. One idea I have considered to keep things good for all is at the end of a season, have the top 3 or 5 of a divisions move up, while the bottom 3 or 5 move down. This should help to weed out anyone wanting to be a dominator in their group.

One last note before I go to sleep, I wouldn't mind at all if somebody with more "forum knowhow" was willing to help me set up a table, or chart, or whatever to help organize this if we can get enough people to start up a few of the divisions. I don't have access to these forum much, maybe twice or thrice a day, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will try to edit my first post to keep divisions and names attached updated, but if you notice a lapse in activity from me feel free to copy and paste one for update later on.
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K responding to the new revision i wanna be in Expert II.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I have to be in AAA lol? I know most of my scores would dictate me being higher rank...but head to head competition, the top guys would just stomp my face in.
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you would have to be.............

*just doesn't wanna get raped*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: