ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expert II please...
U-B  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting, I'd like to join C - although it sounds like C and B are going to be combined, which could be interesting as I'm still struggling a little on Hard, but what the hey, gives me more incentive to improve
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think there should just be expert division all the way cuz hard only has 4 and medium has 2 so not dat much of a competition for those guys..there should be another expert level making I to II and II to III and III to IV ...get me?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogmad86 wrote:
I'd like to join Expert I (I think thats my skill range... people in II and III scare me +_+)...

Sounds fun

!!!

o_O

<_<

Sure you don't wanna do expert II? XD

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
dogmad86  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINE put me in Expert 2... Top 50 isn't that hard to get... I just have 5* on everything but I still suck :P
kriller  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be in A
Sakst82  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogmad86 wrote:
FINE put me in Expert 2... Top 50 isn't that hard to get... I just have 5* on everything but I still suck :P

If someone in the top 50 is in Expert I... who is supposed to be in Expert II and III? That just doesn't make any sense. I think anyone in the top 50 should be in Expert III. If you can 5 star EVERY SONG... you should be in expert III
BigE  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deshtruction wrote:
i think there should just be expert division all the way cuz hard only has 4 and medium has 2 so not dat much of a competition for those guys..there should be another expert level making I to II and II to III and III to IV ...get me?

eh...what we could probably do is just different divisions.

Division 1, 2, 3, 4.

1 thru 3 is expert

4 is Hard. (hopefully we'll get 10 ppl soon).

then after the few weeks of competition move people around accordingly to keep the competition fresh. (which i think is planned)

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, going to do the last few signups and then I'll start making the specific league threads.

As for the possibility of new divisions or score checking, there is bound to be someone who is in a division too high or too low. That's why the top and bottom few will be switched after a league ends. Remember, this first league is more to work out any kinks than anything else.

Rules, etc will be listed on the specific threads.
dogmad86  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javman, can you change me to Expert 2 (I don't think I'd even get close to the finals if I were in expert 3... b3nzor scares me...)
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javman are you going to organize and run every thread? That may be quite a lot of time. Perhaps it'd be better to have a leader in each division who keeps track of all the points etc etc so you don't have to?

Of course if organizing every one is what you want to do then all the more power to you.
AlCim  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javman158 wrote:
Ok, going to do the last few signups and then I'll start making the specific league threads.

As for the possibility of new divisions or score checking, there is bound to be someone who is in a division too high or too low. That's why the top and bottom few will be switched after a league ends. Remember, this first league is more to work out any kinks than anything else.

Rules, etc will be listed on the specific threads.

ehh... have you signed me up...

i wrote this earlier: "Could i be signed up for Expert II?"

could i... eheehe...

damn i sound desperate...

- Shiek (in The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time)
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people show interest in running a thread they are more than welcome to help. I would not mind help at all running these, as this has grown far more popular than I thought it would.

My only request is that for those interested in helping out, that you help out in a thread other than the one you participate in, since you may be given information that may give you an advantage such as song list for the upcoming week, scores of others, etc. This may cause a problem down the line though with the player swap between leagues, so with that mind I also ask that you try to avoid being just 1 league away from your current placement, unless you are 100% positive you will not drop to or jump up to that league.

Edit: those of you that signed up after my last posted update, I am creating the league threads now and I will add you in, I just haven't posted it on the first page because I will be removing that part once the threads are created.
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read some of the league threads and not quite sure I like the idea of bumping people down a league for losing hard and even bumping them up for winning.

I'm thinking that that kind of thing will happen with time anyway (if someone keeps getting last, they probably will simply move down), and if someone is dominating their league, the only natural action would be to move up. Otherwise you may get people who keep getting bumped up, getting smashed and going back down, only to win again.
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that position suspectfenster, but what I am planning to do with the bump up/bump down is more along the lines of keeping the competition close amongst those in the league. The number of people moved is not set in stone at all, and will be based on any possible imbalances within the leagues. Although most may place themselves accordingly, we have already had several instances of people signing up and then others making comments about how that person should be higher. I will make sure that the situation you described doesn't happen with much frequency. If somebody is clearly too strong to be in one league and too weak in the other, then that will tell me I probably need to make different criteria for the leagues, or maybe add another one.

Edit: Thank you swat, I hope you are able to have fun with the league. That is really my only concern with this, to keep it fun and entertaining.

Edit II: All league pages are up, and going to put up the poll now. After this, I am done with these forums for the rest of the day :P I will check back again tomorrow to make any necessary changes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: