Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anyone here play Japanese Rhythm games?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxCryon1kaxx  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Anyone here play Japanese Rhythm games? Reply with quote

Games such as:

Beatmania
Beatmania IIDX
Guitar Freaks
Drum Mania
Keyboard Mania

Anyone play these? We should use this thread to discuss songs, favorites, hard songs, experience,etc.

As for me, I play Beatmania IIDX,GuitarFreaks,and Drum Mania.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: xD1vin3Inf3ktor
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only played Beatmania once many years ago, but it has its own sub-forum here: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
AzcleDeL  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing ddr since 2000 and drum mania and guitar freaks since 2002 I've played beatmania not too good at it never played IIDX. Own pop n music on ps1 its fun.

Ok so I'd have to say favorite ddr mix is 5th mix. Favorite drum mania mix tie between 8th and 10th mix (only cuz I havnt had the chance to play v4) and guitar freaks 9th and 11th for the same reason. Favorite beatmania core remix ^_^

Favorite DDR song : Hot Limit from 5th mix

Favorite Drum Mania/Guitar Freaks song : tie between Departure long version and Sailing Day long version. Play both of them on 10th/11th mix but I'm sure Departure was on much earlier mixes.

Hardest Drum Mania song I've seen beaten by someone : The Least 100 sec on extreme

I can pass 70s on Drum Mania

Not so good at guitar freaks but havnt played in a long time so I dunno how I'd do now.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gave Beatmania an attempt. After about 15 minutes of knowing where to place my hands, I got the hang of it. I'm still on easy, though >_<.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
T-Pain  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive seen most of those games guitar freaks looks actually really hard
Pwewe  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Played DM/GF for a long time. I have IIDX, Pop n Music ,and Keyboard Mania ASC in my room here. I'm pretty good at Pop'n and can get through quite a few Reg 7 key songs on IIDX. Played DDR since it first hit here with the US version in arcade.

Also had some experience with the one that has 2 bongos...cant remember what it was called but it was pretty fun.

BTW

DeepBlueVibes I had the same exact problem as you with my drum set. Im already flying through expert but those rolls were really pissing me off. I took it back to walmart and it looks like this new set I got was manufactured in a diff factory or something. The broken drumset I got, the sticks were like giant uncoated wooden chopsticks. This new drumset the sticks have Rock Band printed on em and have a nice coating like real drum sticks and all of the pads are flawless. Sound similar to what you have?
IronMan221  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Guitar Freaks. Three buttons. Not bad. But the strum bar isn't very responsive though. And the guitar is like, a bar of hollowed wood nailed to more hollowed wood. Heavy metal. Or wood.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Fake Band Drumm PSN Name: Fake Band Drummer! Wii Friend Code: 296467469051
BJWanlund  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I get the chance, I play Percussion Master / Drum Mania.

Great game, and I wish they'd made a home version...

BJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, no one mentioned Taiko No Tatsujin. Well i play the one on the DS and will soon hopefully get hold of the one for the wii
PwnMuch  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i've played drum-mania EVERY time i went to the arcade nearby. I'm going by there tomorrow, so i'll be able to check out Guitar Freaks aswell. I played that a few times, not great at it. I'm better at GH. hahah.

What I mainly hate about both is that the notes are going up, rather than towards you. really annoying. but yeah, drum mania is best imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: KemicalEnigma
BrianSpud33  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I starting playing DDR years ago, right around when 5th Mix came out... I was actually pretty good, being able to pass most 9-foot songs, and I even passed Max 300 a few times. DDR was pretty much my introduction to rhythm games, after which I discovered Frequency -> Amplitude -> Guitar Hero 1.
Somewhere in there I tried getting into Beatmania, but since it was hard to find in arcades and there was no US console version, I didn't actually start playing until recently... but the US version of Beatmania sucks, and the Japanese versions get off sync when using HDLoader... so I don't play it enough to actually get into it and improve at all, haha.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJWanlund wrote:
Every time I get the chance, I play Percussion Master / Drum Mania.

Great game, and I wish they'd made a home version...

BJ

They did. More than 10 of them...in japan....

I started with DDR back around 2002/2003. Moved onto Stepmania then back to DDR with a bunch of random online Korean and Chinese music games and then IIDX when it was released in the US. Been playing that ever since and I can clear mostly anything in that now. I own Guitar Hero but I can't get into it. I basically played to a point where if I went to a friends house I wouldn't look like I have no idea what im doing. So I can pass pretty much anything on Hard and most stuff on Expert. Took abot a week too which kinda turned me off as well :/.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

13455157 wrote:
Funny, no one mentioned Taiko No Tatsujin. Well i play the one on the DS and will soon hopefully get hold of the one for the wii

Well, I now own Taiko Drum Master (with Taiko drum controller) for PS2. It's a little cute, but pretty fun. I've found the drum controller isn't super responsive though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i LOVE ddr and DTXMania (beatmania clone??) so yep !!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: