ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 - S7 - Expert Thread - Week 4 Songs Posted
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I might be able to pull out 4 FCs in the AA league this week if I have the right amount of time to play.

I still might be able to finish in first overall if I have a great week.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
eachann  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: GH3 - S7 - Expert Thread - Week 4 Songs Posted Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
elx wrote:

League AAA:

Week 2
Lay Down
Barracuda
Rock and Roll All Nite
Impulse
Results Posted

League AA:

Week 4
Lay Down                           
Barracuda                         
Rock and Roll All Nite             
Impulse                           

If this is a coincidence, it's one helluva coincidence! If my calculations are correct, the chance of exactly the same four songs being chosen twice is 1 in 916895.

Your calculations aren't correct actually
They probably are if every song was truly chosen entirely by random from the whole set, but they aren't entirely. I don't know exactly how the mods do what they do, but as I understand it they divide the songs into tiers of difficulty (by actual difficulty which they use peoples score submissions vs the base score to determine) and then they choose one song from each tier. So a tier 1 song is chosen at random, a tier 2 song is chosen at random, a tier 3 song is chosen at random, and a tier 4 song is chosen.

So the odds of this happening are much better than if all 4 songs were chosen at random from the whole list of songs.

It's still a pretty odd cooincidence though

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT SONGS!!

Funny thing, I just FCed Lay Down for the first time last night. I guess I'll have to do it again. I'm sure I could and also I was working on the FC for barracuda and I'll have to do it this week.

Also, I love R&RAN even though the cover sucks and impulse will be so much fun to play.

I'm excited!

Proof that I can squeeze vocals!!
kakashipwnzor  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... I might actually do very well this week... Might even get FC #2 thanks to Mississippi Queen. Only problem is, I got very bored of playing the same four songs last week, so I played each one like twice then gave up on them. XD

The Devil Went Down Through The Fire and Flames when he got Stricken with The Metal then there was Black Sunshine and it began Raining Blood While Ruby Bangs the Drums and I Lay Down. Then A Hurricane came Rocking in Cambodia where It Ends.
NIUDrew  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that both Through the Fire and Flames and The Way it Ends never came up for any of the leagues. I'm wondering if this is purposeful - if it wasn't for Raining Blood in week 1 I might speculate (and still do, a bit) the existence of a "tier 5"* which are songs saved for playoffs only. Hmmm....

Drew

*for those who don't know, league songs in the past have been divided into 4 groups, based on difficulty, and each league gets one song from each group each week. I'm sure there's a link to a good description but I'm too lazy.
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure TTFAF is not in the leagues.

They said something about because you can play it without failing or getting a score the first time when the credits are rolling.

(im happy about that )

Edit: i dont see any stand-out hard songs in the following:

elx wrote:

League AAA:

Week 3
Reptilia
The Metal
Mauvais Garcon
Black Sunshine

Week 4
My Name is Jonas
Hier Kommt Alex
Same Old Song and Dance
Pride and Joy

League AA:

Week 4
Lay Down
Barracuda
Rock and Roll All Nite
Impulse

Week 3
Generation Rock
La Grange
I'm In The Band
Black Magic Woman

I'm in the band is in the highest diffuculty? Impulse or RARAN? Pride And Joy or SOSAD? MG or BS?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViPeR6 wrote:
I'm pretty sure TTFAF is not in the leagues.

They said something about because you can play it without failing or getting a score the first time when the credits are rolling.

that was for the sightreading contest, this is leagues, so its possible TtFaF is in one week or a playoff song
lassise  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghevents for this week on AA-3 isn't working

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHEvents isn't working for AA-1 either ._.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SeiferMaster
Niall  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ghevents for A3 is working.

Allright, I have a question for anyone using the PS2 version, specifically for A players (though if others found it as well, it would be nice to know).

When I play Knights of Cydonia in Expert, it skips - especially when I go into and out of SP activation. Am I the only one? I exchanged my copy of the game for a new one - and it still does it, though far less than my first one. There's a couple of other songs at specific difficulties that did this, but obviously it's less problematic on Easy or Medium... and very problematic on KoC if I activate just before a thunder of strumming...

Should I keep exchanging games until I get one that works, or is this a known glitch on all PS2 versions?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a known glitch.
StOrM1060  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think it's got to do with the fact that GH3 wasn't really made to be on PS2, that's why Budcat had to help, and the PS2 can't really support the game well. KoC is bad because the PS2 has to process so much with the fast strumming, SP transitions and the graphics. That's just what I think, I'm not really sure, it doesn't happen on the 360, since that has so much more processing power

Anyways, I pulled off an R+RAN FC and, I can't really believe I'm saying this, but I might get an Impulse FC, just the funkiest and psychotic parts left to get down

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: StOrM1060
Razzmatazz  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm done with my scores this week, and it's not even Saturday yet! I'm happy with all my scores, particularly Pride and Joy (though I'm not going to win a car for it or anything ) and Heir Kommt Alex.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same old song and dance is infuriating. I played it once, and I'm probably gonna get last place, but I dont care. Never playing that one again.
jrod  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It's a shitty song to play and listen to over and over. They messed with the HOPO's too much in this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: