ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League B (Medium/Hard) - Season 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: GHII League B (Medium/Hard) - Season 1 Reply with quote

Welcome to the GHII League B. For more information on what the league is, read the first post of the original topic here

Songs for Week 3 (Final Week!):

Trogdor

Crazy on You

Psychobilly Freakout

WarPigs

Twist: Free Bird (No SP)

Scores will be due at this time (2AM EST) one week from now. So that's Tuesday night/Wednesday morning for most of you.

Rules:

1. 4 songs each week are chosen at random to be played, while 1 song is chosen by a poll. Of these 5, one song will have a certain "twist" to it (examples: playing with sound muted, playing opposite handed, high score while getting certain %age of notes, low score, etc). Due to the limited number of entrants, this particular league will have no playoffs, and the season will last 3 weeks.

2. Participants have until Monday 3AM EST (12AM PST) to submit scores for the week's songs via PM to myself, unless otherwise noted. This is also the time that I will post next week's songs, along with results for the week.

3. There will be a 10 place point system. For each song, the top 10 finishers will recieve points as follows:

1st - 15
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 8
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th 1

The player with the highest score after the season is over will be declared the winner.

4. At the end of each "season" the top few participants from this league will advance to the A league, while the bottom few from the A league will join this league. The specific number will be based on the number of overall participants between all of the leagues, as well as other factors.

5. Please try to keep this on topic. Discussion of results and smack talk are fine. If you want to make a suggestion or discuss the League in general, please use the topic mentioned above.

6. Most of all, have fun with this. We are not playing for money or prizes (though if this gets popular enough I might throw a scorehero item in down the road), so just do what what you've always done; play GHII for enjoyment.

Participants:

alink
Dragondarch
BigE
FlimFlam
Barfo
QuistixXx
U-B
ILLo
eternalidol
Extramann
damienblack
deltavind
bigguyacv
Mills
daeyeth
CliffEmAll
Paulyboy

If you are interested I will accept signups any time. However, unlike the earlier signups I will check your scores before adding you to ensure you aren't signing up up for a league below your skill level. If you want to sign up for a league above skill level, feel free to challenge yourself.

Base criteria for joining this league: If you are having difficulty playing most of the songs on expert, you belong in this league. By "having difficulty" I mean you are unable to pass several expert songs, not just the toughest ones.

Two things I probably should have mentioned before. First, with regard to photo proof, it is not needed. If you want to show proof, feel free to, but unless there is a massive uproar about somebody getting scores that are seemingly out of their current skill range, it is by no means a requirement.

Second, I will explain how I am choosing the 4 songs. I have a TI-89, which has a random number choosing ability. I set it to choose between 1 and 64, corresponding down the playlist. There will be only 1 song from a tier per week, so numbers reflecting otherwise are disregarded. The 5th song, as you should know, is chosen by the poll found here. As for the twist, I come up with that, and I try to reflect what I see others wanting to see in the threads.

Good luck to everyone and have fun!

Last edited by Javman158 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:33 am; edited 17 times in total
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on reading the base reqs for this division, and Expert I, i should probably be in that one, since i can pass all the songs but jordan, and i can 5* about 15 or so of them. But i think eventually due ot the size imbalance of this league compared to Expert I, that hte bottom 3 or 4 people should be bumped down into this one to make a competitive top group of people playing easy expert songs and hard songs well.
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
Based on reading the base reqs for this division, and Expert I, i should probably be in that one, since i can pass all the songs but jordan, and i can 5* about 15 or so of them. But i think eventually due ot the size imbalance of this league compared to Expert I, that hte bottom 3 or 4 people should be bumped down into this one to make a competitive top group of people playing easy expert songs and hard songs well.

or if u do good in ur division u will take the places of those who are bumped down from the A-division

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo...i'm with you on that...but you're a little better than I am (82nd v. 160 on hard) and i can't pass freebird, jordan, six on expert.

But anyway, i'm happy in this division, and looking forward to this (i hope all the others are still up for this)

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
QuistixXx  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, can't wait to get started. I'll probably suck though

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the first week's songs, feel free to begin playing them now if you want. Songs are on Hard difficulty unless otherwise noted. Scores are due Monday the 18th at 3AM EST.

Girlfriend

Message in a Bottle

Woman

Gemini - Medium

Twist - Sweet Child O Mine (no SP usage allowed)

good luck to all of you!
Barfo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh some motivation to try adn get FC on Message. And woman i am terribel at - ouch.
BigE  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

his calculator picked the worst songs for me.

i'm terrible at Message and Woman.

girlfriend is meh.

at least sweet child will be fun.

i got my work cut out for me this week.

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
QuistixXx  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woman..........ouch

The rest are not too bad though

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wanna be in this league im gonna struggle to even beat any of these songs tho lol im new and im trying to learn hard..

Last edited by ILLo on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
alink  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, it HAD to be Woman from the first tier, and not something I am good at...
U-B  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling I'm going to be the "whipping boy" of this group - still, the practice is proving useful, my best on two of those songs has just gone up from 3 stars to 5 stars
Extramann  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just transferred over here from Expert A. I think I'll be able to do average.
eternalidol  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, seems like I'm still not listed on the
participants lists, but I definately should be
signed up. Oh well

Yeah , Woman is a tough one for sure, especially to be in the first block . I was barely able to 5 star
that, lets see if I can do any better,

This should be fun to try though , good luck everybody.
deltavind  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope it's not too late to sign up. I'd still like to join this league if possible. Thanks.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: