ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League B (Medium/Hard) - Season 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for the huge, pulsing, black eye of PbFo, thats a great song selection for me. Tho i wonder if ill be abel to even equal my awesome 41st place Crazy on You score that i played after i was int he zone on that from spending a lot of tiem provign hte cutoff. At leasst maybe ill get my eyeball guitar out of htis week.
Paulyboy  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good playin this week everyone. i really regret not being a part of the first week. it reflects very badly in my scores. haha. i guess i didn't do too bad in the second week for only playing each song once. (i played thunderhorse twice....only cause i did absolutely horrible without the alternate picking the first time i tried..haha)
Dragondarch  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's videos:

Strutter
Monkey Wrench
Stop
Less Talk More Rokk
Thunderhorse - No Alt Strum

Honestly didn't do as good as I thought I was going to (except Thunderhorse...I knew that one sucked pretty hard). Still solidly in 3rd, though, so I guess I can't complain. Those 2 6th place runs for Less Talk More Rokk and Thunderhorse killed me this week.

As for this weeks songs:
Trogdor: Honestly, I've only played this one once so far...no comment as of yet.
Crazy on You: At first glance I thought I saw Carry Me Home...this one isn't so bad...I just need to get my skill up to par.
Psychobilly Freakout: Ick. Somehow I knew this one was gonna be here. I'll aim to 5 star it, at the very least.
War Pigs: Long, but not that hard.
Free Bird: 2 long songs this week...This oughtta be good

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I Got First Place for Week 2!

I get the feeling you are gonna kill me though this
week Barfo. Crazy on You and Freebird are definately
two of my worst songs on Hard. I seem to have way more
problems with them than I really should. Just looking
at the scores you already have on them , I am way behind you.
The songs this week definately play more
to your strengths than mine.

But who knows, maybe I'll get lucky, or something

Good luck everyone!

[ Now, it's quite simple to deal
with a banana fiend. First, you
force him to drop the banana. Then,
you eat the banana, thus
disarming him. You have now
rendered him helpless ]
CliffEmAll  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now logically since I have the current number 1 Trogdor score, I should win at least one of these.

On the other hand it simply increases the chance of my place being stolen

Edit: Aww my trogdor score had already been beaten without my knowing

Gahhh typical that my best run through of Freebird on Hard yet (1618/1684, 3.3x average multiplier, hit all of solo C for the first time ever) would be without using star power XD Could've done pretty damned well on the song, if I'd been playing it under normal terms :{
Barfo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eternalidol wrote:
Yay! I Got First Place for Week 2!

I get the feeling you are gonna kill me though this
week Barfo. Crazy on You and Freebird are definately
two of my worst songs on Hard. I seem to have way more
problems with them than I really should. Just looking
at the scores you already have on them , I am way behind you.
The songs this week definately play more
to your strengths than mine.

But who knows, maybe I'll get lucky, or something

Good luck everyone!

Congratz! Followed quickly by: music to my ears! Crazy on You and Freebird both songs im really good at, but im goign to lose points in trogdor for sure because i thats just a SP optimization and how much of the run of fast notes you can hit. As far as your sig, eternal, all i can say is "what if hes got a pointed stick?"
Mills  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh. Just had my first go on these songs for this week. My strum arm is in lots of pain, and I'm not sure why. It's part of the reason I did well at Thunderhorse, can ho/po large sections of that, so could play that without a problem, where as strumming hurts. I'm not talking fast strumming here, just anything where I have to strum consistently. It's definately worse this week despite me taking a break first. Grrr!

Anyway, all this means I might not submit scores for all the songs this week, only have tomorrow free really, but I'll see. Hopefully I'll be ok. Or at least be able to play through all the songs once!
Barfo  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

woo league this week got me my eyeball guitar finally. But i dont have hte patience for good scores on some of the longer songs, or the insane precision required to improve my trogdor score, so i dont htink ill win it all (ready to be pleasantly surprised tho)
Paulyboy  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...after trying PbFo a couple times the first time through hard, i gave up on 5 starring and never went back...now after playing expert a little bit I did it no problem...however...i don't know how in the hell Javman FC'd that shit...I'm getting such a crappy score. I think the best I've done is 94%. I'm so ashamed. I'm doing alright in my other songs though so hopefully that will keep my playoff berth alive. I increased my score on trogdor by like 30 or 40k. thanks for the star path on that whoever it was!! I wish i could FC it but i don't think those 32nd notes are freakin possible. so i'm gonna take my 11th place score and run with it. and i wanna FC's crazy on you too dammit!!! i'm -1 on it right now. i swear i'm gonna do it tomorrow...no holiday planning holding me back and i've got the WHOLE day to myself. I've decided that since I'm doing so much better i'm gonna go back and try to improve ALL of my scores and hopefully I'll be able to pull off a top 20 overall. i think six and psychobilly are gonna kill me though ...sorry...i'm ranting. it's new years and i'm a little buzzzzed!!! happy new year to all you guys! it's been great competeing with you all. see you in the new year!!!!! I'M GONNA BE ROCKIN OUT TO HANGAR 18!!!!!!
Paulyboy  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CliffEmAll wrote:
Now logically since I have the current number 1 Trogdor score, I should win at least one of these.

damn you for getting such a high score on trogdor!!! i thought IIIIII was doing good with an 11th place score....i guess it's better than my old mid hundreds score! haha
eternalidol  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Think you probably will end up winning it though Barfo.

Congrats on getting the Eyeball guitar.

I really hope I can do well this week. The only song I'm confident I can win is War Pigs though.

I'm starting to get the hang of Crazy on You, at least, I finally broke 300 K on it. The problem was all in my
strumming technique. I was downstrumming all the chords and kept screwing my rhythm up, but after switching to
alt-strumming them, I'm doing a lot better.

[ Now, it's quite simple to deal
with a banana fiend. First, you
force him to drop the banana. Then,
you eat the banana, thus
disarming him. You have now
rendered him helpless ]
CliffEmAll  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah this week gave me the insentive to sort out my Crazy On You score, and I've improved it so much. It's annoying though, because I've finally sorted my SP and then my performances started getting worse!

Ah well I've left GH II alone for about 3/4 days so I'll probably have another few goes at COY before I submit all my scores.
GridironGrace  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How/where/what i gotta do to get in on this?

I think this could help me improve myself..

I have everything on hard passed(barely with 3*'s) EXCEPT FREAKING freebird

kills me i got through some of those other songs and i cant get through more then 80% of freebird lol

however on medium i have 4 or 5* on all but a few that i aint tried to 5* yet and i havent played many of the unlockable songs.. hadnt even bought them til friday night.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CliffEmAll  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit, that break from GH II has left me playing absolute shit XD

Can't hit the patterns on Crazy For You which go like YO YO YO YO YO YO Y YO on chords or whatever they are for shit, and since that was my main SP activation point for about 3 activations that leaves me kinda screwed for improving the score I submitted not too long ago
Jikkir  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance I could sign up for the next league, if it's too late to join this one?
Also, do I have to have all my scores uploaded before I can join a league?

Cheers
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: