ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHII League A (Expert I) - Season 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Javman158  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: GHII League A (Expert I) - Season 1 Reply with quote

Welcome to the GHII League A. For more information on what the league is, read the first post of the original topic here

Songs for Week 3 (Playoff Week!):

Hangar 18

Bad Reputation

Mother

Trogdor

Twist: Carry Me Home (No SP)

Scores will be due at this time (2AM EST) one week from now. So that's Tuesday night/Wednesday morning for most of you.

Rules:

1. 4 songs each week are chosen at random to be played, while 1 song is chosen by a poll. Of these 5, one song will have a certain "twist" to it (examples: playing with sound muted, playing opposite handed, high score while getting certain %age of notes, low score, etc). There will be a 2 week season with a 1 week playoff. The top 11 participants will make the playoffs.

2. Participants have until the Monday of that week by 3AM EST (12AM PST) to submit scores for the week's songs via PM to myself, unless otherwise noted. This is also the time that I will post next week's songs, along with results for the week.

3. There will be a 10 place point system. For each song, the top 10 finishers will recieve points as follows:

1st - 15
2nd - 12
3rd - 10
4th - 8
5th - 6
6th - 5
7th - 4
8th - 3
9th - 2
10th - 1

The top 11 players after the season is over will make it to the playoffs. The top finisher in the 1 week playoff will be declared the winner.

4. At the end of each "season" the top few participants from this league will advance to the AA league, while the bottom few from the AA league will join this league. Also, the bottom few from this league will go down to the B league, while the top few from the B league will move up to this league. The specific number will be based on the number of overall participants between all of the leagues, as well as other factors.

5. Please try to keep this on topic. Discussion of results and smack talk are fine. If you want to make a suggestion or discuss the League in general, please use the topic mentioned above.

6. Most of all, have fun with this. We are not playing for money or prizes (though if this gets popular enough I might throw a scorehero item in down the road), so just do what what you've always done; play GHII for enjoyment.

Participants:

buttfaceninja
EviLize
RiseOfAsh
Deshtruction
Azuarc
youhas
JRyder
Alakaiser
Jaksiel
suspectfenster
entropymaxer
kriller
Insanity
Dynasty99
Anthony
staticashes
CloudFuel
izzysparks1
Bouncer128
thedatelessloser
mninp
drno830

If you are interested I will accept signups any time. However, unlike the earlier signups I will check your scores before adding you to ensure you aren't signing up up for a league below your skill level. If you want to sign up for a league above skill level, feel free to challenge yourself.

Base criteria for joining this league: If you are capable of passing most of the songs on expert, but are having problems 5 starring several songs, you belong in this league. Being unable to 5 star songs like Jordan, Six, Misirlou, or the like will still probably put you in AA if you can 5 star everything else. If you want to join and have a question about where you would place, PM me.

Two things I probably should have mentioned before. First, with regard to photo proof, it is not needed. If you want to show proof, feel free to, but unless there is a massive uproar about somebody getting scores that are seemingly out of their current skill range, it is by no means a requirement.

Second, I will explain how I am choosing the 4 songs. I have a TI-89, which has a random number choosing ability. I set it to choose between 1 and 64, corresponding down the playlist. There will be only 1 song from a tier per week, so numbers reflecting otherwise are disregarded. The 5th song, as you should know, is chosen by the poll found here. As for the twist, I come up with that, and I try to reflect what I see others wanting to see in the threads.

Good luck to everyone and have fun!

Last edited by Javman158 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:31 am; edited 24 times in total
Dynasty99  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sign me up in this one. I dont upload my scores, but this is where I belong (certainly no higher in any case).
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm playoffs...kinda like a huge ass tournament but instead of getting #1 u upgrade to a higher ranking...kewl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm...I don't remember signing up for Expert at all, but oh well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit 2: Scrap what I said. Worse case scenario is I'll get my face owned in this one and get moved down, may as well give it a shot first, right?

Last edited by RiseOfAsh on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont worry dude..i suck...on expert..if i was in Hard...i think i would be in the top 3 at the end and eventually be moved back up to Expert I so no point..

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap this is an elaborate set up. Kudos to you Javman for setting this up it's really incredible. Can I join? I need motivation to push my scores up.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roar. Fear my lack of actually having played expert in GH2. (I think I'm at 15 of 40 on career.) I still fully expect to pwn. Until I suck. And then I will still claim that I pwned while sucking.

16 participants, 11 to make the play-offs. Who get to be the unlucky 5?
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:

16 participants, 11 to make the play-offs. Who get to be the unlucky 5?

*raises hand* Heh. Actually I'm very very interested to see how I fair here...I've only done 1 rivalry before and pretty much got dominated. Therefore I am intimiated by any amount of organized competition
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think I might do mildly well...or so I hope.

These "twists" are interesting though. It'll be fun to see me try and play lefty flipped.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill make top 11 Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guarantee I will be one of the top 16 players in this bracket.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....ugh...there are only 16 comeptitors...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deshtruction wrote:
.....ugh...there are only 16 comeptitors...

^_^

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well u only need to be withing the top 11 to move onto the next mini-tournament in Expert I....anyone wanna join me assinatining the 5 least expert experiencers?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: