ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 - S7 - League AA Week 1 Results!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crayze  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

withdrawing from this season's league since i am going to visit my girlfriend for the holidays. holla
sperin4  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougieDougDoug wrote:
Woo, good day!

I figured out why I couldn't get that activation in Cities, turns out my X-plorer's select button is far too crap for such an instant activation (though it manages the 2nd activation fine enough). I can do it everytime with my Les Paul, but that's unable to do GRY chords so I'll have to swap guitars mid-run; so if anyone's in the same situation as me right now, give that a go.

Crappy LP means I have to use the X-plorer for Sabotage though, so I cannot see a well-squeezed run coming my way I think my Seeker's good enough to help me out though, just need the Cities run to come together and then I can get working on Cydonia.

Thank God I figured this out today, time's running out

That is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard in my life. Haha. That's dedication for you. Its a good thing Cities is the song your having trouble with because there are good parts to pause at. I'm thrilled with most of my scores (besides The Seeker, which I'm still working on) this week, but I don't know how they're going to be in comparison to others' scores. I keep missing notes in the quick notes in The Seeker, which is driving me crazy because they aren't THAT quick. I think I'd FC Cities before Seeker.

RB stats to come when I'm less lazy.
DougieDougDoug  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only just got a satisfactory score on Seeker today after an annoying three days of trying to FC it. If you're watching the notes as they pass the white line like I was, that could well be your downfall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TrOanhysmk - match your strumming with this and then zone out on your next run, rely on the sound of the strumbar to keep speed constant and if you've played it as much times as I ended up doing beforehand, you'll have an idea of when to change frets without counting notes Just don't smash my score too badly, haha.

And expect the outro's quick GYB-> RBO chord change to mess you up the first time you get both bridges, because life is a bitch

PriestMLH? He's a rubber chicken with robotic guitar playing giblets.

Unless you are a volcanic robot from space or a chicken with robotic giblets, don't compare yourself to those folk. Each accomplishment is an accomplishment, no matter what people before you did.

[12:44] Kiriyama: Knights of CYDOOOOOOONIA- Cough medicine, with clout!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: CuriousJewbeard
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WoWiE!!!! 1st place! that's a surprise. It won't last though cuz i know i'm just gonna eat it on the seeker and Knights of cydonia.

good luck to everyone this season
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
Backspace  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this weeks songs are driving me insane. I can barely 5* KoC and I consistently overstrum the alt strumming part of the seeker so I'm going to get owned on those 2 songs. CoFwR&R is even more annoying since by some by some stroke of luck today I FC'ed both solo 1 and 2A in the same run and then I screw up on the F'ING TRILL . At least Sabotage is easy but I think like 20 people will tie for first since it's an easy song with easy squeezes.
sperin4  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Doug. I'm just about to finish a paper due in a few hours, take a nap, go to class, go to bed, and then maybe get some play time in before bed again. Haha.

RB stats to come when I'm less lazy.
Ed16  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's a rap-up of this week's songs.

Sabotage - definitely my best score, this song taught me how to squeeze. Better yet, I'm only about 500 points away from the top score on Xbox.

Cities - the first solo is screwing me up, and the descending triplets are hard to combo. Probably my worst score.

The Seeker - I found a reliable way to get the chords in the beginning, but the fast notes (which aren't that fast, but have weird rhythms) and the solo mess me up once or twice a run.

KoC - I actually did well. Insanely, I got two whole sets of fast pickings under star power. I'm not going to beat that run, but I fell good.

Overall, I think I did better than week 1, but still only good enough to move up a couple slots.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah, I finally got a better score on the Seeker today, once you know that rhythm, the entire song feels like cake.. wait, what?

Sabotage - I know at least one person who is tied for first on this song is in the same division as me, so first place points are out, despite an incredible run.

Cities - It only took me like 4-5 tries to get a VERY respectable score, BOC kicks so much ass.

The Seeker - I'll be in the upper half, and even higher if less people figure out that alt-strum rhythm than I'm figuring.

Knights of Cydonia - Monster run, I expect to be top 3, I played that song so much, hearing the word "Muse" makes me sick.

The only song I'll even touch is The Seeker, because I'm trying to figure the path out on my own, and I don't think I'm very close, but not like 250k far (exaggeration, not my score..). Good Luck all you AA League-rs.
riyunoa  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaarrrghhh I give up on this week's songs, I suck at altstrumming. Sooo frustrating.

Seeker: T_T can't FC cuz of the altstrumming
KoC: ouch, altstrumming kills me, I can't even 4x after awhile.
Sabotage: squeezefestttt nooo
Cities: a lot of careless mistakes or hand retardation.

So all in all I'm not very positive about this week's songs. Good luck everyone, hope you guys had a better week than I did.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm close to smashing my guitar over The Seeker. (I suppose I can't reveal why, that's bothersome.)

And I suck at squeezing, so my Sabotage score is going to blow compared to everyone else.

I suppose I'm cautiously optimistic about this week. I think I did well, but I'm prepared to get owned.
bawlin  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

should be interesting..
i think my scores range from mediocre to solid. i'm trying really hard to get an FC on Cities on Flame but it doesnt look good. overall did better than last week as i wasnt aware what kind of scores you guys would bring. im expecting to move up a bit. hopefully...
putte86  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be dissapointed if I don´t get a first on KoC... Switched from my les paul to the good o`l explorer, and all of a sudden my playing misirlou 350times in a row suddenly payed of. I think its because my right arm has a much better position, safely secured or something, thats enables me to strum more consistently.

Ok then, top 3 atleast for KoC...

Seeker is a bitch which is 100% but overstrummed 4times... In the end I counted the notes to make sure I didnt strum it wrong but didn´t help cause I screwed up elsewhere...

CoFwRnR is now concuered, happy with it...

Sabotage: Can´t squeese, not going to get in the top, won´t be last either...

Now, put up the results and give me new songs! I want mauvais garcon!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling great about this weeks songs. Much better than week #1. Awesome =)
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
tasteofink313  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on ghevents does blue mean ive been accepted
because i entered all my scores and it failed to keep them in

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, i've only did KoC. I gotta work quick to get the other 3 scores.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: