Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Walkthrough: Playing GH3 PC with PS2 Guitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ahira  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Multiplayer? Reply with quote

Hey guys here's the deal:

Me and my friend got a ps2 -> usb converter.
We hooked up 2 ps2 SG controllers (aerosmith)
Mapped the keys for gh3 with joy2key

It works fine in single player mode except the whammy but thats a different issue.

We want to be able to play multiplayer with our 2 controllers our ps2 -> usb converter has 2 controller slots and the pc recognises 2 controllers.

I've tried mapping the 2nd controller under joystic 2 in joy2key and the result was that the game recognised both controllers as "player one".

Then i tried mapping them seperately result was that only 1/2 controllers worked.

Been searching the web for quite a while but couldnt find any help for this problem at all.

Also multiplayer works with the usb converter when playing on a ps2 emulator (Dragon ball Z budokai tenkaichi 3) with dualshoc controllers so i dont think the converter is the problem.

And even though gh3 supoorts multiplayer mode why is it that u can only set controls for one keyboard?

any suggestions?

Greetz Ahira
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[edit] Hopefully fixed, so feel free to disregard this.

I am having some problems getting this to work at all (I don't care about whammy or tilt-activating, just having it work on a song). I usually get one of two problems:

-If both joytokey is running and the controller is plugged in before I load the game, the red button is mapped to green and the start (I think) button is mapped to red. None of the keys on my keyboard do anything.
-If I start the game, then plug in the guitar and run joytokey, the game will not register anything from the guitar.

And for fun, another problem (this time when using PS3 GHWT guitar):
-The guitar works perfectly in the menus, but when I start a song/go to the cheats menu, green is mapped to orange and blue (?) is mapped to red. (That's the same problem as when you use a TAC adapter set to RB on GH3)

-Windows 7
-Patched to 1.3
-Using GH3Boost and GHTCP
-Using joytokey (mappings are exactly the same as they are in the OP)

Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I've gone and got this PS2 to USB converter off Ebay for $5. Can't remember the name now. I plug it in and I go into the Control Panel and mash the buttons; it all works. I map it with JoyToKey, and then open Guitar Hero 3. Nothing works? Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks

GHWT FCs: 19/83
GH3 FCs: 13/70

Favourite song: Hail to the Freaks
Least favourie song: Hey Man Nice Shot by FAR, but I've FCed it now, so yay
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Lol I has a PS2 PSN Name: I said PS2.
KrakenEater  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eth38ownz wrote:
Okay, so I've gone and got this PS2 to USB converter off Ebay for $5. Can't remember the name now. I plug it in and I go into the Control Panel and mash the buttons; it all works. I map it with JoyToKey, and then open Guitar Hero 3. Nothing works? Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks
A few things I can think of: does the Joytokey work normally? If you click in the address bar or search and mash frets, do the letters display? They should.

Also, I'm fairly sure the order has to be: plug in guitar, launch joy2key, launch GH3, navigate to main menu with keyboard (don't press anything on the guitar yet!), and then use the guitar once you get to the main menu. That solved my problem at least.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, it doesn't work in the address bar. I guess I didn't map it properly or something, because I'm a bit of a noob to this. But it DOES work in Frets On Fire, which is a bit odd to me.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Lol I has a PS2 PSN Name: I said PS2.
afrojavi  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will this work ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HERO-PS2-to-PS3-Controller-Guitar-Adapter-USB-Converter_W0QQitemZ260558057436QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Accessories?hash=item3caa786fdc
eth38ownz  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer to try and get mine working first before I buy anything else.

HolyFC  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help a brother out. I FC'd Raining Blood if that can help you get the attention to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkmvxvA0xfc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that pov problem

The trick with Start+Select and Strum Down isn't working

My Guitar is Leadershp Gamer Guitarra Super Hero Wireless
HolyFC  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HolyFC wrote:
Help a brother out. I FC'd Raining Blood if that can help you get the attention to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkmvxvA0xfc

Bump

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vetio wrote:
Hello i have a different problem. I configure joy2key but in game when i try a hit a note with a grenn button guitar don.t respon.With other buttoin everything is ok. PLZ help

I have the same problem. Every button works (color button+strum, whammy, strum, select, start), except green button+strum. I've used joy2key, controlMK, Xpadder and everything's the same. Game: GH3, Controller: PS2 SG (+PS2-to-USB adapter). Can anyone help me?
noblues29757  

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bpower wrote:
I think there is a way to fix the Whammy bar problem of the PS2 controller on PC, but im not sure if this really gonna work because i cant test it yet.

But this little trick works for normal gamepads so maybe there is a chance that it also will work for the Guitar Controllers.

First I take FIFA08 as example to explain the trick:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It seems that the PC version of FIFA 08 has some problems of recognizing certain gamepads like the Dual Shock controller. (Plugged in using USB-converter) Because of that the trick-stick (R2) don't work in the game. But this problem could easily be solved if you do this:

start -> Run... -> regedit -> + HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> + SYSTEM -> + ControlSet001 -> + Control -> + MediaProperties -> PrivateProperties -> + Joystick -> + OEM

Then you must find the map which contains your gamepad. My computer recognize my PS2 controller as "MP-8888 USB Joypad" so you i'm gonna search trough the maps which contains an OEMName file named "MP-8888 USB Joypad".

If you found the map, right click on the OEMName file and click "edit" Now it is possible to change the name of you gamepad. Apparantly the Logitech Dual Action controller is fully compatible with FIFA08 so i'm gonna change "MP-8888 USB Joypad" into "Logitech Dual Action". If you done that press ok, and now your PC thinks you have a Logitech Dual Action controller plugged into your PC and you can play FIFA08 with a fully supported PS2 controller
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, now I was thinking to try this trick for Guitar Hero on the PC with a PS2 Guitar Controller, the only problem is that I don't know the OEMName of the PC Guitar Controller, so I can't test this. My question is if anyone of you here got the PC version of Guitar Hero 3 with the USB Guitar, (Xbox360 controller is also fine) so that he can give me the OEMName of USB Guitar that works fine with the PC version.

PS.

To find out the OEMName, go to configurations -> gamepads

Ok I may have found something interesting. I don't have a ps2 guitar, but I use a wiiguitar.

Here's what I've done: I created a virtual joystick with PPjoy, identical to a real GH guitar, and binded any button/axe of the wiiguitar to those of the virtual joystick (I can give you the configuration if you're interested, I used Glovepie to bind the buttons). Then I edited in the registry the OEM name of the PPjoy virtual joystick, and changed it to "Guitar Hero for PC/MAC" (I had to edit the OEM name 3 times). Now my wiiguitar has the same behaviour as a real GH guitar for pc (I have Windows 7 x64)!

If I want to play with a friend with 2 wiiguitars, I just have to bind one wiiguitar to the virtual joystick I created, and the other to the keyboard. I tried to make a 2nd virtual joystick, changing its OEM name to "Guitar Hero for PC/MAC", but the game detects the first virtual joystick only, I don't know why. I'll just keep my virtual joystick/keyboard solution.

I hope I could help you a bit!
injjected  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
hope someone can help me

I bought this guitar: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Guitar-Controller-Playstation-3/dp/B001NTBWK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296843519&sr=8-1

It has a standalone usb>>bluetooth stack.

i connect it on win7prof64bit and start gh3.
t works without mapping tool in GH3. Green and Red are working in the menu. But if I’m starting a game or the tutorial, green is orange and orange is red. the other buttons are nothin. don't know what todo

Tested your config. Nothing happened. Don’t know how to use JoytoKey. It found 5 Controller.I set for the first 5 controller Button1-7 the numbers 1-7. same in gh3. nothing happens.

has someone a config for me or a howto how to use it?
thanks

//Edit: Found xpadder. Buttons were found. Mapped in with 1-5 and are working, configured in gh3 but nothing happens?

//Edit2: Seen that under WIndows the buttons are working, but GH 3 with latest Patch 1.31 overwrites it??
JizzleWright  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heyy everyone

I have a black SG and a PS2 to USB converter. I mapped the keys with xpadder and all the buttons and whammy work. My problem is that in GH3PC there is a delay between me strumming and the game receiving the strum, ie I strum on time and it hits really late. I can't just do lag calibration because the buttons seem to be hitting normally. I have tried with xpadder and joy2key and it's still the same, when I play other games like fofix and jamlegend I do not have this problem so I can only assume it is a problem with GH3PC, any help would be great :P
REANS3  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Help me please :( Reply with quote

I need some help here please...

I have this adapter http://www.gamezone.no/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_88_98&products_id=31163
(sorry that the site is in norwegian lol)

But I can't changer to analog mode or set direction buttons mode to auto...

I'm not sure if it's because I don't have the newest drivers though
Does this mean I won't get the whammy to work ever?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: