ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 - S7 - League AAA Week 2 Results!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AoCWaN  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone plz teach me how to squeeze i suck at it
Morphumax  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never want to rock and roll all nite ever again, but I'm pretty happy considering my squeezefest scores are relatively high up there considering my royal suckiness at squeezing.

It was pretty funny, I was celebrating my 332k, 1st place Impulse score and then I look at AAA1... 10 FC's? Froo got 337k?!?!
but then because I dont have to compete with you insane guys.

Moved up to 9th, not bad...
ChrisLQ  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for having only about an hour worth to spend on these songs, I'd say keeping 7th place is not too shabby. And considering I only played Barracuda twice, Lay Down once, Impulse once, and Rock and Roll All Nite twice (and 5 minutes or so in practice), 7th place is not too shabby at all.

I was really hoping to have enough time to hit the Barracuda and Lay Down squeezes, and even more so looking forward to getting the other two FCs. Oh well .
dho  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

codemann8 wrote:
I don't approve that I'm playing with a bunch of XBOX people, since the threshold of points is bigger on their end, I'm stuck with the ol' PS2.

Huh?

batsmak wrote:
witwix wrote:
1st in AAA1
I knew playing Lay Down 5 times instead of stopping when I got the 1st squeeze would pay off >_>

I hate being forced to compete with total squeeze gods...

Pick it up -- I've never squeezed before this league and I'm doing really well at it

--dho
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: dhobsd ICQ Number
Morphumax  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize how unlikely I am to get any help from my direct competition, but here goes. Anyone have any hints for squeezing? I know the basics, activate on the note and hit it late, hit last note early, use select for accuracy, blah, blah, blah, but I cant do it reliably at all. I get it about one-tenth of the time, if that. Any small hints or tips would probably help me a lot.

Of course, you could wait to help me out after the league is over if you want to maximize your chances. I just want to get better at it.
dho  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nono, you have to activate late and hit late. So it's like palm and strum at the same time (sort of -- you have to palm first). The window for late activation is larger than you might think in GH3. Take a look at some of Priest's videos on Youtube.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: dhobsd ICQ Number
B00bs  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also try to strum much harder than i normally would for when I squeeze, it kind of makes your brain put your palm down when it happens, I unno if this helps but strum harder it helped me alot.
dho  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B00bs wrote:
I also try to strum much harder than i normally would for when I squeeze, it kind of makes your brain put your palm down when it happens, I unno if this helps but strum harder it helped me alot.

Come to think of it, I do this too. Other things that help: when you're squeezing, (especially for e.g. The Metal), you have to strum kinda fast. So if you're alt-strumming the part, you need to do the first two faster to get the squeeze. It's very off-timing and feels pretty unnatural -- so take it to practice mode and get the hang of it. Whammy the notes that you normally would in star power phrases and get the timing down for the squeezes. I think I've found all of the ones you can get in The Metal, but they're *really* hard to hit. I'd definitely suggest taking songs like Closer or Lay Down and trying to get those squeezes -- they're easy FCs.

Another thing that really helps: If you have a camera, *record the screen*. If you can get a decent video of the screen at 15 or 30fps, try to get the squeeze, take it to VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/) and play it at the slowest speed. You'll see if you're hitting it or not and kind of get an idea of where you need to strum to hit the squeezes. Pay attention to the flames that the notes make as you're playing the song. Blue flames = star power, red flames = not. It's tough and takes some practice, but hey, I just started doing it this season and I'm getting 1st place scores. Eventually you'll get into the habit of late activations and early strumming, so it's not as big of a deal.

--dho
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet damn, +14 ranks for me

Can't argue with that, and it surprises me quite a bit, since I can't squeeze (lawl, Lay Down), nor did I do too well on RARAN.

Impulse and an alright Barracuda score pushed my ass pretty far
dho  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, is anybody else going to be unavailable over the holiday period? I was stupid and didn't think about this, but the week of the 23rd - 30th, I'm going to be unable to play :/.

Edit: elx just informed me that this week will be a break.

--dho
Thurman91  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank god, ill be in random places in the week, good thing tho
Skogsharald  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scores are in, these are my thoughts on my performance:

Black Sunshine - Damn, those sweeps are hard! I'm rather sure I have the highest non-FC score though
The metal - Extremely pleased with this score(men du fick fortfarande högre ekma (tjuvkikat på XBL))
Reptilia - Did as good as I could really :p
Mauvais Garcon - Ugh.. Many, many tries and still no FC.. ah well

GL to you all!

Goals:
600k TTFAF [X]
23 million [X]
Top 20 GH3X [ ]
edam  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Submited by scores, here's my thoughts on how I did.

Black Sunshine: Very satisfied, this will grant me the most points this week.
The Metal: 'tis ok.
Reptilia: I'm no extremely good squeezer so this is probably not that good.
Mauvis Garcon: Oh god, this song alone will destroy this week for me.
edit: uuh, I figured I could try just downstrumming everything in MG and hell, raised my score with 70k on first try. I guess it won't destroy me after all.
dho  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited. My thoughts:

Black Sunshine: Wasn't expecting the FC and used a bad path. So my score won't be best here, but it'll be pretty OK.
The Metal: Got moar squiz
Reptilia: Optimal (-200 from debr, but I don't think that squeeze is possible, I try it every time and I've filmed it, I can't activate any later than I am and the SP runs out before the window for that other note. OTOH there are no hold notes there, so whatever.)
Mauvis Garcon: was expecting to hate it and not FC, spent a couple hours on it and got 2nd place on SH instead -- missing only the 3 note chord squeeze in the first activation

--dho
pashumba  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that is probably the best hour i'll ever have... i started doing league scores at about 10:30 PM saturday and ended up getting The Metal and Mauvais Garcon FC'd along with a pretty good Reptilia score in an hour (i had done Black Sunshine previously, but i'm not sure how good the score's going to compare, and i didn't get this FC'd like i wished).

considering i waited so late and still did very well (at least i think so), i would say this has been a VERY successful week regardless of the results

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: