Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
%

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arch0wl  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: % Reply with quote

A lot of times when I browse scores, I browse % and rating. Should % be mandatory? Score doesn't tell people like me much, I don't play very often.

Also, the O2SF has a way to browse by the game's score and cools. Maybe we could have some way to browse by % of notes hit as an alternative?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought about this a lot, and I can see both sides of the argument as far as % goes:

Many people who sign up want to submit their scores that they've already gotten. Unfortunately since the game doesn't track %, unless they've taken a screenshot of every score then they don't know the %. This means, if I make % mandatory, they have two options:

1. They're forced to replay each song in order to submit a score.
or 2. They submit their existing score with a false % which I absolutely don't want.

The other side, who've submitted %'s along with all their scores, would like to use % as an alternate way to view/compare scores.

While I do like the idea of being able to browse by % for songs, or average % for difficulties (which I've thought about doing). I just don't think it's fair to assign rankings or compare scores based on something that only a fraction of users have submitted (where would I rank the other users?). And as I said before, if I make it mandatory it would lead to false scores being submitted due to the games lack of percent tracking. This is why rankings are currently only based on score.

If you can come up with a solution to satisfy both sides of this problem, let me know and I'll be glad to implement it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's a good point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: