ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New GH.com XML feeds let you take your scores on the road!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lovekeiiy  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any great suggestion for your site as a whole.

Some suggestions on the signature stat image, and really a compliment towards the great work SH stat image is, would be to add some text on which platform, maybe the opposite side of the user name. As much as I like the Gibson Neck image, it is not intuitive to people in general for what game it's to. Maybe offer another image with the acronym "GH3" or "GHIII".

Another project someone could do would be to create a flash based stat image card for things like myspace; something similar to the gamercard from mygamercard.net. One person created a flash base item, but it was a full page in size.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Any hope for XML feed for GH2? Reply with quote

ErikSchierboom wrote:
DougKS wrote:
The guy who created the http://www.schier.eu/ website did a great job of taking the feed creating a usable presentation.

Well thank you, I'm the guy who made it and I really appreciate your comments. I'm glad to see that people like it, if you have any comments/suggestions please post them here and I will look into them.

Hi,

I'd be interested in discussing how to make graphs or charts from the data that is actually useful. It's nice eye candy, but I it doesn't really tell me anything. That's not a criticism! I have a project of my own that takes daily snapshots of my scores from ScoreHero and tracks them in a database, and I've been trying to think of what sort of graphs or charts would actually be useful to have.

If gh.com actually exported all songs in their feed you could do some interesting semi-real time tracking of your ability on a specific song (ie: score, note streak, and percentage) over time so you can see when you are playing better or worse, but with only the highest score record in the feeds and a small sample of recent songs that sort of info isn't hugely useful.

What are your thoughts?

tma
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
ErikSchierboom  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Any hope for XML feed for GH2? Reply with quote

lovekeiiy wrote:
Some suggestions on the signature stat image, and really a compliment towards the great work SH stat image is, would be to add some text on which platform, maybe the opposite side of the user name. As much as I like the Gibson Neck image, it is not intuitive to people in general for what game it's to. Maybe offer another image with the acronym "GH3" or "GHIII".

Thank you for your input, I totally agreed with you so therefore I have updated the signature. How do you like it now?

tma wrote:
If gh.com actually exported all songs in their feed you could do some interesting semi-real time tracking of your ability on a specific song (ie: score, note streak, and percentage) over time so you can see when you are playing better or worse, but with only the highest score record in the feeds and a small sample of recent songs that sort of info isn't hugely useful.

This is precisely why I have not incorporated such a feature, it would be great if they would actually present something like a history of your songs but the only way you could make it work now is through the recent performances. However, that would require many snapshots to make sure that you would not miss anything. It could be built, but right now I don't know if I want to build it that way.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's the lack of tracking system why sites like SH can exist and flourish, besides the friendly environment. Plus, I think some people may give you big headache because the site isn't always very quick with updating scores. I played last night, and it didn't up any of my scores for over 3 hours.

I like the new image. I like the one too. This will let people know what it's about though.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Any hope for XML feed for GH2? Reply with quote

ErikSchierboom wrote:
tma wrote:

This is precisely why I have not incorporated such a feature, it would be great if they would actually present something like a history of your songs but the only way you could make it work now is through the recent performances. However, that would require many snapshots to make sure that you would not miss anything. It could be built, but right now I don't know if I want to build it that way.

Unfortunately the xml feeds are cached for a while server side, so polling it constantly won't yield any useful info in that respect.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman
ErikSchierboom  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Any hope for XML feed for GH2? Reply with quote

tma wrote:
Unfortunately the xml feeds are cached for a while server side, so polling it constantly won't yield any useful info in that respect.

Yeah that's true, I though of that later yesterday evening. It would be great if the recent performances would include the performances after the last time you retrieved the XML feed.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening,

first of all I would like to say I am new to Guitar Hero. I bought GH III one month ago and I'm enjoying it very much so far. And since I'm a figures freak, i would like to thank the whole Scorehero community :-)

I was reading this thread and since I didn't find any information about that on the forums I dare ask. I saw tma is using an "xml2scorehero" script to upload the scores from the gh.com website xml feed to Scorehero. Is that script for public use?

Thanks in advance,
Dharma.

P.S: Many thanks to ErikSchierboom for the features available at http://www.schier.eu/ Keep it up!
tma  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dharma wrote:
first of all I would like to say I am new to Guitar Hero. I bought GH III one month ago and I'm enjoying it very much so far. And since I'm a figures freak, i would like to thank the whole Scorehero community :-)

Welcome to ScoreHero!

Dharma wrote:
I was reading this thread and since I didn't find any information about that on the forums I dare ask. I saw tma is using an "xml2scorehero" script to upload the scores from the gh.com website xml feed to Scorehero. Is that script for public use?

Hey, someone noticed!

It's something I've developed independently, but I am in discussions with JCirri about it. Stay tuned.
Dharma  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
Dharma wrote:

Welcome to ScoreHero!

Thank you very much!
tma wrote:
Dharma wrote:

Hey, someone noticed!

It's something I've developed independently, but I am in discussions with JCirri about it. Stay tuned.

I will for sure. Guess I'll have to upload them manually until then ;-)

Regards,
Dharma.
Blacklabel  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
b08smith wrote:
sounds good, now if only gh.com would update my scores

Do you play with Hyperspeed? I found out last night that scores played with Hyperspeed don't make it to GuitarHero.com ...

GOD DAMNIT,
i have fced like most the songs 5 starred raining blood and everything and it doesnt count, Tats FUBAR

144 Drum GS's
http://tinypic.com/1r5162dg - I made The Platinum Icons
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mystix Ninja PSN Name: Blacklabel22
ErikSchierboom  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added a new feature to the charts section of http://www.schier.eu, and that is the introduction of 4- and 5-star cutoffs in the account graph. For example, http://www.schier.eu/graph/view/18322/ shows my scores in bold on the tier 1 easy songs. The two smaller lines in the bars are the 4- and 5-star cutoffs, where the lower is obviously the 4-star cutoff. This way you can easily see how close (or far ) you are from achieving a 4- a 5-star performance.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice features, it's just stupid that half of the times your score doesn't upload. FC'd all the easy songs, and it says i did 18, didnt even complete 3 or something lol. Same goes with the other difficulties, looks like my ttfaf beat isnt inhuman enough to be uploaded . But like i said, good work Erik
tma  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErikSchierboom wrote:
I've added a new feature to the charts section of http://www.schier.eu, and that is the introduction of 4- and 5-star cutoffs in the account graph. For example, http://www.schier.eu/graph/view/18322/ shows my scores in bold on the tier 1 easy songs. The two smaller lines in the bars are the 4- and 5-star cutoffs, where the lower is obviously the 4-star cutoff. This way you can easily see how close (or far ) you are from achieving a 4- a 5-star performance.

Cool, that's a slightly more useful graph.

I have a list of Debr's estimates that could also be mapped on that graph.

Were you are all interested in graphing the top score history for the last few months?
ErikSchierboom  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
I have a list of Debr's estimates that could also be mapped on that graph.

Were you are all interested in graphing the top score history for the last few months?

Eh, sorry but what is a Debr's estimate? As for the top score history, I have not found the time to create something like that yet, but you can definitely except it to be added sometime in the future.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ErikSchierboom wrote:
Eh, sorry but what is a Debr's estimate?

Debr5836 is a user on this forum. He wrote some scripts which analyze the midi/mid.qb files from the games and works out potentially optimal star paths for them. The results are here:

http://www.bradleyzoo.com/GuitarHero/index.html

I have a list of the estimated high scores in an easy to import format.

ErikSchierboom wrote:
As for the top score history, I have not found the time to create something like that yet, but you can definitely except it to be added sometime in the future.

Adding this sort of history is on my TODO list for www.stathero.com.

As I said, I've been taking a snapshot of the top scores page for each difficulty for a while now, I just haven't done any processing of it yet. You're welcome to these snapshots if you have any use for them.

t
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: