ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
.SNG Converter Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
afanofmyself  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: .SNG Converter Problem Reply with quote

I converted the .sng file to midi. Then I tried to load the file in GHII but it freezes while its loading. Like it plays in the menu but it freezes when it is loading. When I was making the midi file I merged it with another Guitar Hero II track and changed the [end] times and swapped the notes with the other Guitar Hero track. If anyone could help me and tell me what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated. Sorry if this question has already been answered but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Kevin
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: .SNG Converter Problem Reply with quote

afanofmyself wrote:
I converted the .sng file to midi. Then I tried to load the file in GHII but it freezes while its loading. Like it plays in the menu but it freezes when it is loading. When I was making the midi file I merged it with another Guitar Hero II track and changed the [end] times and swapped the notes with the other Guitar Hero track. If anyone could help me and tell me what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated. Sorry if this question has already been answered but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Kevin

I think it would be easier if you uploaded your mid, than us troubleshooting blind. Or you can compare it to a known working mid and find the error. It could be a stray note somewhere it shouldn't be or something.
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you convert the SNG, open anvil and copy the notes in the first track and remember the tempo (Usually 100).
Next open Meteo's base GH1 Midi from the thread and paste it there along with changing the tempo.
Then just use the info in Meteo's thread to add SP paths and reset the end event.
Then change the track T1 GEMS to PART GUITAR and the "end" comment event to "[end]" for GH2 compatibility. It is the most simple way to convert.

http://scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4025
^ Said thread.
afanofmyself  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still couldn't get it to work. Here is a copy of the mid file and the sng file. If you could check it out and see what I am doing wrong it would be a huge help. mid file - http://files.filefront.com//;6416814;;/[url]
sng file - http://files.filefront.com//;6416820;;/[url]
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, this is more often than not just GH being finnicky. Try playing the song in all modes (career, quick and practice), if that doesn't work, try replacing a different song with your custom track then try all the modes again that way. If it doesn't work during this process, then it probably is something wrong with the midi, but it usually fixes the error for me.
afanofmyself  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know it is something that I am doing wrong because everytime I do this it always freezes on the loading screen of the song. I just want to see if someone can look at the midi file and see what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance.

I tried to redo the midi file but it still isn't working. Any help please.
http://files.filefront.com//;6423423;;/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: