ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Okami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommy2000  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 45 minute demo of this i must play. It looks amazing. OPS2 UK gave it and FF XII 10/10. Too bad they're coming out so close together (Okami 9th Feb, FF XII 23rd Feb) but i'll get Okami eventually (read: March). Especially since PS2 games are gone really cheap now.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it yesterday.

Played a ton already, really love the way it looks, and fishing is fun. Drawing random stuff is fun too ^__^
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
I got it yesterday.

Played a ton already, really love the way it looks, and fishing is fun. Drawing random stuff is fun too ^__^
Later in the game, the harder fishing gets the more you will hate it.
Fangor  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or does this game seem more fit for the Wii? Imagine drawing with a wiimote instead of an analog stick. Don't get me wrong I'm still glad it's on ps2 because i don't own a wii yet, but the idea just occurred to me when I had to draw a mask and it looked terrible.
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fishing does get a little meh at the end. The combat, though, is where the game shines. It's so easy to kill things quickly. Placing the shield as a secondary weapon is top notch killing.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
The fishing does get a little meh at the end. The combat, though, is where the game shines. It's so easy to kill things quickly. Placing the shield as a secondary weapon is top notch killing.
Im about to head to northern nimmpo(I know I spelled that wrong), which i assume is the last big continent, and along the way I noted I could kill most enemies in 2 or 3 hits after I give them a good golden shower.

Also the fireball technique is the shit.
SThorpe  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just done the fight with [spoilers perhaps]Crimson Helm[/end]

I have a ton of cash (and loads of unsold treasures) but there's nothing I want/need to spend it on...
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SThorpe wrote:
I've just done the fight with [spoilers perhaps]Crimson Helm[/end]

I have a ton of cash (and loads of unsold treasures) but there's nothing I want/need to spend it on...
Ive only upgraded my pouch once and it hold enough. You are gonna want to spend money on the dojo to learn new moves, buy bones to heal as some newer monsters will give you trouble when you first find them. Also later you will find springs to upgrade your power slash and cherry bomb.
sycocoaster  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
I read that the main quest takes about 40 hrs plus a ton of side quest so it takes awhile

Are you serious? *possible spoilers*

I have 8 brush techniques and am only at 15 hours. Am I missing something big?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sycocoaster wrote:
buttfaceninja wrote:
I read that the main quest takes about 40 hrs plus a ton of side quest so it takes awhile

Are you serious? *possible spoilers*

I have 8 brush techniques and am only at 15 hours. Am I missing something big?
Yes im 30 hrs in and I know I have a while to go still.
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my second playthrough of the game now.

I was shocked when you get to the 8-headed boss monster so soon...I thought..wow..that was kinda fast (about 15 hours in)...then I realize that was just act 1...and you are maybe 1/3 of the way through the game.

If anybody has gotten it, somebody please give me a clue on how to beat the final blockhead for powerslash 3. No matter how many times I try, I cannot memorize the 8 or more weakpoints needed to beat him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
On my second playthrough of the game now.

I was shocked when you get to the 8-headed boss monster so soon...I thought..wow..that was kinda fast (about 15 hours in)...then I realize that was just act 1...and you are maybe 1/3 of the way through the game.

If anybody has gotten it, somebody please give me a clue on how to beat the final blockhead for powerslash 3. No matter how many times I try, I cannot memorize the 8 or more weakpoints needed to beat him.
You dont get power slash 3 by killing him. In ezowhatever, the place with the frozen ship, You run along the cliff and you will see a cliff you have to jump on to along the way. Jump in the hole there and deposit money the same way you would to get power slash 2
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:

You dont get power slash 3 by killing him. In ezowhatever, the place with the frozen ship, You run along the cliff and you will see a cliff you have to jump on to along the way. Jump in the hole there and deposit money the same way you would to get power slash 2

That gives you cherry bomb 3 I believe. In front of the fountain for powerslash 3 was another blockhead...and I could not beat him in order for me to put money in the pool. If that was not powerslash 3..what did you get for beating that guy?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
buttfaceninja wrote:

That gives you cherry bomb 3 I believe. In front of the fountain for powerslash 3 was another blockhead...and I could not beat him in order for me to put money in the pool. If that was not powerslash 3..what did you get for beating that guy?
I havent seen another blockhead after oni island yet so I dont know what that fountain does. I did however just get powerslash 3 so now I can cut the diamond rocks. Maybe you have them confused and switched. but im 100% positive that you dont have to kill another blockhead to get powerslash 3.
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buttfaceninja wrote:
I havent seen another blockhead after oni island yet so I dont know what that fountain does. I did however just get powerslash 3 so now I can cut the diamond rocks. Maybe you have them confused and switched. but im 100% positive that you dont have to kill another blockhead to get powerslash 3.

Dammit. Thanks man..that blockhead is driving me crazy, and I hated the thought of having to beat him to get powerslash 3. If you got it without beating him, I am clearly wrong. Thanks a ton for this info. I must have completely missed this hole the first time I played through....then again, I missed a lot the first time through..

If/when you get to that blockhead, let me know if you manage to beat him...and what you get. He drove me completely crazy....and I am not sure if it is worth my time to try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: