ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Evolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Weenerskank  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rapture is not being discussed.

And Evolution can be interpreted in so many different ways there isnt really a clear point as to what evolution really states happend.

But the most commonly used is that we evolved from monkeys or other mammal.

Visit GuitarHailz's Art Gallery!
Located at- http://aggiepuff.deviantart.com/
Weenerskank  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psuzeppelin5 wrote:
I have to butt in, if we came from monkeys, why are there still tons of monkeys?

Hence what i EXACTLY stated a few posts up.

EDIT:Sorry for double post as well.

Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are obviously missing the point here. Just take my word for it that your arguments are very poor, and are not very logical. I have no proof that you exist. I have never seen you in person. I think you are a computer program.
By your logic, I just proved that you don't exist.
Mark 8:36
Weenerskank  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, i understand what you are trying to state just fine.

This whole argument has no real "Solid" evidence.

Just theories that cannont be proven.
My logic was that if we evolved, why arent anything else?
I simply thought that history repeated itself but it doesnt seem like this whole evolution thing is.

Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"History repeats itself" means that humans don't learn from their mistakes and make the same mistakes repeatedly. History is a term used to mean our records as humans, not all of time.

And the counterargument you will get from any evolutionist is that there are plenty of things that are evolved. Humans just happened to evolve mentally more than physically.
Weenerskank  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh i did not know that.
Now i feel quite stupid.
I still dont believe that evolution is true but that is just my side and i know theyre are plenty of good points supporting that side as you have basically said.

Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe evolution is true either, but I know it's damn near impossible to change anyone's mind on the subject
Weenerskank  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep it sure is. Not one person on this thread has really changed their minds.

Well im going to be going, see ya scorehero.

Pepino123  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
You are obviously missing the point here. Just take my word for it that your arguments are very poor, and are not very logical. I have no proof that you exist. I have never seen you in person. I think you are a computer program.
By your logic, I just proved that you don't exist.

Although I don't necessarily agree with evolution, you make damn good points to back your view.

What if God created Earth 6,000 years ago like the Bible explains, but the rest of the universe was just there? We could never technically find out, because there's no primary source to tell us "Yes God created the Earth" or "No, the Big Bang created the universe, and the Earth is just apart of it."

I happen to find astronomy extremely exciting because it's almost a form of artwork, it makes you question what put this into creation, which is why I believe in God. Although there is no primary source to answer our evolution questions, I can guarantee you this. The Big Bang did not create itself, God created the Big Bang.

Everything else, I cannot explain, nor do I intend to.
cheedie101  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weenerskank wrote:
psuzeppelin5 wrote:
I have to butt in, if we came from monkeys, why are there still tons of monkeys?

Hence what i EXACTLY stated a few posts up.

EDIT:Sorry for double post as well.

I'm not taking a side here, because I'm very confused about what I believe, but I think Evolution's side of the argument here is that it had to do with what continents the monkeys inhabitited. If a group of monkeys goes to a different continent and evolve because a mutant monkey had better genes and they all evolved with those better genes. Then that group of monkeys evolved while the other group from the other continent never has a mutant monkey, and therefore stays regular monkeys.

Deimos wrote:
"~WeeDSk8r420's~Pot~Page~
lisamariefan  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
Even fossils are misleading, as the method of carbon dating turns out to suck for things over a thousand years old.

I gotta nitpick this one right now (I'll add more to my post later, probably).

You do realize that they use more than just carbon dating, right? For the sake of accuracy, they use several forms of radioactive dating and assign the fossil an approximate age based off of that. Heck, for some of the older fossils, they actually may not use carbon dating at all (I'm not totally sure...I don't remember fully and I don't feel like researching it now.)

So the notion "Carbon dating is unreliable, and therefore fossil dating is not right." is totally bunk.

I'm no encyclopedia on this stuff, so I'll post a link to some more information at some point down the road.

Edit:

Wikipedia wrote:
Finally, correlation between different isotopic dating methods may be required to confirm the age of a sample.

Edit 2: The article on radiometric dating: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating

Matt wrote:
I'm going to pistol whip the next person who says Rick Roll'd

Best percentage in RaBl: 91% T__T

Last edited by lisamariefan on Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:24 am; edited 2 times in total
BDOWN  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at the exact moment of creation noone really knows what happened. Whether you call it the big bang or divine will, nobody has proof what really happened.

Physics can predict to a few thousandths of a second after the origin of the universe, where all forces in the universe were supposedly one. The world is so complicated that in all human existance we have barely even started to understand the universe. Over the last few decades leaps and bounds have been made in quamtum mechanics (the science of tiny things) and in Newtonian (the science of large things) physics, but they have on fundamental flaw; they contradict eachother at almost every turn.

Creationism has an explanation for everything: God intended for that to happen; or God planned it that way. There is no proof, no reasoning, but that's the whole point. Religion isn't about concrete evidence, but believing. It touches on the fundamental human desire to believe, espicially in life after death, the thought of your soul doing nothing of completely vanishing is scary on a primitive level. People need to believe in a higher, more intelligent force or being.

Me, I belive on a type of hybrid. I believe that something called the big bang is the origin of the unverse, however I believe that some supreme force put these events in motion.

Rest In Peace Rap Battle 2009
PS, HipsterTrash = Yur0wnStupidity
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BDOWN08
BenjiHero7  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not gonna argue or read all the posts here (For now.) Two questions:

1) If we evolved, why did we stop evolving?

2) What came first: Thought, or Speech?

Yes, I am a Christian.
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenjiHero7 wrote:

Yes, I am a Christian.

1) Have we?

2) It think that would depend on how you define thought. I would say thought came first, because you have to use your mind (brain, whatever) in order for your body to do anything, let alone to tell your body to do something. And speech's literal definition is oral communication, so I think that in order to intelligently communicate, you'd kind of have to think. Don't you think?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
endstille  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenjiHero7 wrote:

Yes, I am a Christian.

1) How do you know we've stopped evolving? It's not exactly a fast process. Assuming we have, which is unlikely, it would be because we're suited to our environment, and in our society, it's not exactly a fight for survival.

2) Define thought and speech. If by speech you mean human speech, and an understandable dialect, then thought did, which is the thought in primitive animals-"eat. sex. run from big scary animal." If you mean complex thought, then they probably came around the same time.

Why aren't religious people considered conspiracy theorists? They believe there's a "behind the scenes" operation going on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kunze16
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy