Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
OMG YES GUITAR GOD ON HARD!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the looks of the Song Stats it looks like I have a little while to go before I'm gonna be able to 5 star everything....

I just have an insane amount of trouble trying to keep from double-strumming. I have no problem hitting notes...I just hit too many of them.

Especially in No One Knows. That alternating G-GR part always kills me.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

I can't hit this part at all. This is the only song left that has a major, important (and seemingly easy) part that I just can't hit.

That said I did manage to 5* it on hard w/o hitting that part at all (use star power elsewhere and damn near 100% the rest of the song) - it's tough but do-able.. On expert however, I don't think it's really in the cards to get 5* without the G-GR part.

The weirdest thing is I can hit the entire R-RB part that's the EXACT SAME as the G-GR part, just different notes. Too weird.

If I could hit this part my score would be very high (as this is by far the best place to use star power) and I'd have 5* on expert easily.

Also to OP - congrats, just completed this feat myself today - lots of work. Took a long time, but oddly enough I hit the last 3 (CfH, Breaking Wheel, TF) all in one glorious day! Mr. Green

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

I fianlly did it, i found the perfect fivestar star power usage for the flooding rom Texas and i freaking got it, YES!
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. Studying SP definately helps when you need more points.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thing was, i was at 141144 for like a half hour and i woulda had it on that run, but i missed a note in the middle of a star power that made me go from 8x to 2x and i was PISSED!
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
thing was, i was at 141144 for like a half hour and i woulda had it on that run, but i missed a note in the middle of a star power that made me go from 8x to 2x and i was PISSED!

Same thing happened to me the other night. I took a couple days off from it and just got that beautiful status today on my lunch break!!!

Now for expert - or suicide, whichever seems to come easier.
buMf00d  

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still freaking impossible for me to finish No One Knows, damn that song is too hard on hard mode , i already had loads of trouble with it on medium mode, i can do it easily now though, but on hard mode i'm just flabberguested by it, i get to 30% most of the time but i keep getting in the red at the g-gr part because i don't really know the tempo, the tempo change is just too difficult for me :<
Zillatron  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

finnaly got mine in hard too

YIPPEE!!!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ActAppalled16
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Still havin trouble on the same seven songs. I came close to getting Decontrol and Frankenstein today though.

(5k away on Decontrol I believe and probably a hundred or so on Frankenstein.... )

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't helter Skelter a beatles song?
rabies  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shutendoji wrote:
isn't helter Skelter a beatles song?

lol - yes..yes it is.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dd3mon wrote:
HylianHero wrote:

I can't hit this part at all. This is the only song left that has a major, important (and seemingly easy) part that I just can't hit.

That said I did manage to 5* it on hard w/o hitting that part at all (use star power elsewhere and damn near 100% the rest of the song) - it's tough but do-able.. On expert however, I don't think it's really in the cards to get 5* without the G-GR part.

The weirdest thing is I can hit the entire R-RB part that's the EXACT SAME as the G-GR part, just different notes. Too weird.

If I could hit this part my score would be very high (as this is by far the best place to use star power) and I'd have 5* on expert easily.

Also to OP - congrats, just completed this feat myself today - lots of work. Took a long time, but oddly enough I hit the last 3 (CfH, Breaking Wheel, TF) all in one glorious day! Mr. Green

I can hit everything but the first single green. If i skip that green and pickup on the GR I have no trouble at all. Something about the timing though if I try to include that first green I miss everything, so I tend to just skip it. and its also the same with me I have no truble with the R RB part, but I think thats cause it starts on a RB chord, not certain though.
catfish7  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buMf00d wrote:
still freaking impossible for me to finish No One Knows, damn that song is too hard on hard mode , i already had loads of trouble with it on medium mode, i can do it easily now though, but on hard mode i'm just flabberguested by it, i get to 30% most of the time but i keep getting in the red at the g-gr part because i don't really know the tempo, the tempo change is just too difficult for me :<
The only advice I can give you is to feel the rhythm and strum faster than you think. I nail every one of these notes now, but it's pretty frantic strumming. You don't need alternate strumming either, I just use down picks. It's hard to put into words how I do it, it's all about finding the rhythm though. It doesn't even have to be the right rhythm, just one that registers that you hit the notes right.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas Flood on expert is beginning to piss me off. On the SP chart, it says that one spot in the beginning is essential and I've only done it right 2 out 1,000,000 times.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Texas Flood on expert is beginning to piss me off. On the SP chart, it says that one spot in the beginning is essential and I've only done it right 2 out 1,000,000 times.

I hear that. Whenever I play it for score, I have to restart until I get that. Sometimes it takes a while.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: