ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S7 - GH3 - League B Playoffs Thread - WINNER: NJDevils1087
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R31NDR  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mintrude wrote:
R31NDR wrote:
Something tells me i'll be out this round, facing thecaptainof on a song I'm not brilliant at means i'll need a hell of a run to get through

good luck to all in the semi's though

Well done on getting through!

Cheers Mintrude, tbh it was 1 good run followed by runs of getting 140xxx so was a tad lucky I think

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's been a busy day for me, but I wanted to say congrats to everyone who advanced, and good luck with the next round. And btw lol how was 178k beatable captain? Anyway hope everyone does well and now I have to sign up for the rivalry!
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three things:

1. I am embarrassingly bad at Black Magic Woman.
2. My printer is being a bitch so I'm having to guess the path.
3. I've got a headache so I really can't be bothered to practice.

...grah. This will likely be the end of my league progress.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol here we go again

Im expecting an FC from you sir and nothing less! No excuses, now get to work soldier on the double!

Seriously though I know what you mean, I seem incapable of not making stupid mistakes and it is driving me crazy. Think I may have played this song too much already and my body is rejecting listening to it any more
'

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, yeah... it's like, the first couple of minutes bore the shit outta me and the rest of it is just annoying. Though I did just manage to hit that whole horrible orange streak near the end while leaning so far back on my chair that I couldn't move my fretting arm properly... note the reason I was in that position is because I'd already completely ballsed it up.

Basically, my massive weakness is stuff like this:

...or variations thereof. Gahhh. If the FC comes, it'll be through luck rather than skill.

Luckily though it seems like I've got very little to do tomorrow and Wednesday aside from shopping and playing Guitar Hero with Mike, so I should have plenty of time to practice... unless I somehow find myself getting dragged into an unexpected piss-up, y'know how it is.

Just a thought... I totally wanna get you in the final, to determine who gets the first round in at the next meetup.

Now... aspirin...

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I would quite like to get into the final as well

If it happens or not is a different story and as you said will probably be down to luck more than anything else.

I can't say there is any section I consistently have problems with it's just that im sure to fuck up at least twice per run. Yesterday I hit the orange string of notes every single time, I could hit it with my eyes shut but today

Just gotta wait for that perfect run I suppose.....and wait.................and wait.................and...............ah fuck this song!!!

R31NDR  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad I'm not the only one struggling with it, an FC will be lucky for me, I'm already on a -8 run and that was all stupid mistakes and then a few in the orange stream (plus overstrums) path just seems random on this 1, at least the 1 I got with my current top score was, If i get through it will definately be unexpected.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back from work and sit down to grind it out on this god dam song............but what's this? New DLC for Rockband is out yay wait no, must resist, must play same song over and over and over

So anyway I've decided to set a 5 try limit for tonight and then hit the drums, no point in making it seem like work.

Another development is now I cannot for the life of me hit the series of quick 3 note pull offs in the start of the last solo. Again I had this down a few days ago but now even in practice mode I fuck it up. Booooooooooooo!

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was totally intending to work on this tonight, but my flatmate is moving out and leaving university so tonight's her final night here with us (was meant to be last night actually, but y'know how it is) so I have to be somewhere else.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
R31NDR  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just hit a -4 with a half decent SP path, messed up 3rd activation somet bad though. That will prob be my best score for this but might try and grind out another good run with a better SP path.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually I find myself being far too modest and self-deprecating (or, as was the case yesterday, completely defeatist), so for once I'm gonna say honestly... I'm glad I always have my camera next to me ready to take screenshots because I'm probably gonna need it this time. God knows how it's come together in the last hour since my flatmate left, particularly given how frustrated I was yesterday... I guess it really is all down to luck.

GO BOB!

EDIT, next day because it's not worth another post... I've managed to kill the internet in my room (or rather, on my computer, since Xbox Live works just fine) so I'm posting this from the computer lab. Not a great time for it to happen since it means I'm only able to be online until just before 5pm every day when they shut the labs. Fuck's sake. Hopefully tech support won't be complete idiots.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
NJDevils1087  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: ARgh... Reply with quote

DAMN ORANGE STREAM OVERSTRUMS!!!!!!!

that is all.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
EDIT, next day because it's not worth another post... I've managed to kill the internet in my room (or rather, on my computer, since Xbox Live works just fine) so I'm posting this from the computer lab. Not a great time for it to happen since it means I'm only able to be online until just before 5pm every day when they shut the labs. Fuck's sake. Hopefully tech support won't be complete idiots.

Turns out tech support were absolutely great... not only did he manage to sort out my internet connection problem in less than five seconds (I'm not even joking, three clicks is all it took) but he also found a way of getting rid of this fuck-awful Norton Internet Security thing that I've been trying to lose for ages in favour of antivirus and firewall software that don't make my computer run like a snail. And we were chatting about Xbox which is always good. So... I'm still here. Hurrah. Although, my score was good enough to post last night so it didn't really matter in the league context anyway.

NJDevils1087 wrote:
DAMN ORANGE STREAM OVERSTRUMS!!!!!!!

I hear ya dude. That was pissing me off for the longest time.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I made the mistake of going out for a drink after work and am now a bit pissed So seriously doubt I will be able to FC this song after all which is a real kick in the nuts, plus I have to be up at 6am tomo to drive to some job in the middle of nowhere.

When I close my eyes I see this note track, I hear it constantly in my head, it haunts my dreams. If you don't hear from me again I'll probably be found huddling in a corner insanely rocking forward and back quietly mumbling

'black magic woman....she's a black magic woman' over and over and........

EDIT; Me playing after drinking = epic fail Least I can't say I didn't try. Won't be playing this song again for a long long time!

NJDevils1087  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Well.... Reply with quote

Now that it's past due... I guess we can safely say how it went.
The score I posted, if I remember correctly was a minus one. I didn't overstrum any of the oranges, in fact, I hit them perfectly....but stopped one damn note short (1 short strum). I had a 100% in there with overstrums, but it wasn't my best. I think a couple more tries and I could have done it, as evidenced by the excruciating -1 noted above, but I couldn't play it anymore, so I just improved my TTFAF and 3s & 7s scores by 30k each instead.

If my score happens to win out, congrats to b08 on a great tournament, and if not, good luck in the final round, bring it home for the bottom bracket.

- Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: