Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
how cool would this be !
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rock-a-thon92  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: how cool would this be ! Reply with quote

if the (if there is gona be another version) feedback chart editor would let u plot the notes as the song was playing

that 'll be insane !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: o0otriviumo0o and KSEboom
whitebread  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually that wouldn't be very useful. There would be lots of synching issues due to the fact that NOBODY has prefect rhythm and timing.
rock-a-thon92  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whitebread wrote:
Actually that wouldn't be very useful. There would be lots of synching issues due to the fact that NOBODY has prefect rhythm and timing.

as true as that maybe it would be pretty cool, and plus if you listen to the same song as much as i do, it wouldnt be that much of a problem to get the notes right lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: o0otriviumo0o and KSEboom
Jinola  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love it if that could be done. I'm the same as you, am great at timing if I know the song, as i'm usually moving some part of my body in time with the beat when listening.
This would speed up the process so much, and remove a lot of boredom that occurs during charting songs.
rock-a-thon92  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, thats why i was thinking about it acturly because it gets so boring having to go back and foward to fix the tinyest mistakes.
dont get me wrong, feedback is a totally awesome program, but would be totally better if there was a feature like this.
Leff  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's impossible. First of all, you would need to first sync the entire track so the notes would line up right IF you were able to play it perfectly and in sync. It's a ridiculous idea, and would just result in a bunch of shit-bag charts flooding the index from people who just did a one-time run-through of the song and shit out a chart.

Wanna use your guitar? Map the keys appropriately to edit with FeedBack, use the strum bar to go up and down the track, and place notes that way. On-the-fly charting will never happen, and it shouldn't.

psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well using your guitar, you'd have to FC the chart. Anyway, when I just pause the music where the note is, it always ends up being late, so the chart would be horribly inaccurate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wouldnt be a bad idea if afterwards you could go back and move the notes around manually. Like using the guitar for a BASIC idea of how you want the chart to go then go back and edit it with your mouse/keyboard
Leff  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dra1985 wrote:
It wouldnt be a bad idea if afterwards you could go back and move the notes around manually. Like using the guitar for a BASIC idea of how you want the chart to go then go back and edit it with your mouse/keyboard

Haha, so run through it, and then go back and move it manually? I'm missing where this gets more efficient...

Torakuro  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, perhaps this could be used for marking pitches only (they'd show as bars of color) and then the player could go back and manually add the rhythm.
dra1985  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leff wrote:
dra1985 wrote:

Haha, so run through it, and then go back and move it manually? I'm missing where this gets more efficient...

Accuracy>Efficiency

BTW. <3 you Leff
Leff  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dra1985 wrote:
Accuracy>Efficiency

Good, so we've established that Accuracy is more important than Efficiency, and that on-the-fly charting is not more efficient and would reduce accuracy. Score one for Leff.

dra1985 wrote:
BTW. <3 you Leff

dra1985  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leff wrote:
dra1985 wrote:
Accuracy>Efficiency

Good, so we've established that Accuracy is more important than Efficiency, and that on-the-fly charting is not more efficient and would reduce accuracy. Score one for Leff.

dra1985 wrote:
BTW. <3 you Leff

I think you are misunderstanding what I said. It is easier to listen to the whole song and plot the notes with the guitar "on the fly" to place the higher/lower notes. Then go back and you will have an idea of where the higher and lower pitch notes go. I am agreeing with you that on the fly IS NOT accurate but I disagree that plotting manually helps with pitch. How many times have you charted something leff then played it in game that it was perfect? My guess is you never get it right the 1st time and on the fly would really help with pitch errors.

**Score: Leff:1 dra1985:1**

The <3 was for your chart2mid tool
Leff  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dra1985 wrote:
How many times have you charted something leff then played it in game that it was perfect? My guess is you never get it right the 1st time and on the fly would really help with pitch errors.

**Score: Leff:1 dra1985:1**

I've actually never made a mistake. Ever.

JK, but really, I do all my charting with the sheet music (tab) in front of me, so pitch is never an issue. So I guess in context of your assertion, no, I've never made a mistake.

Chalk up another.

mdizzy  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dra1985 wrote:
Leff wrote:
dra1985 wrote:
Accuracy>Efficiency

dra1985 wrote:
BTW. <3 you Leff

I think you are misunderstanding what I said. It is easier to listen to the whole song and plot the notes with the guitar "on the fly" to place the higher/lower notes. Then go back and you will have an idea of where the higher and lower pitch notes go. I am agreeing with you that on the fly IS NOT accurate but I disagree that plotting manually helps with pitch. How many times have you charted something leff then played it in game that it was perfect? My guess is you never get it right the 1st time and on the fly would really help with pitch errors.

**Score: Leff:2 dra1985:0**

This is an altogether dumb subject. Feedback is as proficient as it could be for charting songs. If you are tone deaf and can't figure out if a notes pitch is higher or lower than don't chart at all. This idea is impractical in every way possible.

I reiterate what Leff said, "It's impossible. First of all, you would need to first sync the entire track so the notes would line up right IF you were able to play it perfectly and in sync. It's a ridiculous idea, and would just result in a bunch of shit-bag charts flooding the index from people who just did a one-time run-through of the song and shit out a chart.

Wanna use your guitar? Map the keys appropriately to edit with FeedBack, use the strum bar to go up and down the track, and place notes that way. On-the-fly charting will never happen, and it shouldn't."

Subject over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: