ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wii Audio Output Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad0wguy  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why Activision didn't just mail out the new discs and then have us send back the defective ones. If their worried about theft then they should have just gotten a credit card number and if they don't get the disc back within a certain time then they charge it.
mjharper  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received my envelope on Feb. 15, and I had my copy of the game in the mail the next day. Yesterday, the Activision rebate site said my "premium package" was mailed on Feb. 25, after waiting about a week for them to "process" my old disc. I was probably one of the first to send mine in, so it may take longer for others than it did for me, but I should have my replacement disc by Friday. I'm not expecting anything more than surround sound (with possibly the option to make the sound surround, stereo, or mono). I'd love to have the boss battle songs available to play in Quickplay, but that's probably asking too much (I could really use Practice Mode for Lou on Hard right about now). I think downloadable content is still a ways off on the Wii, because of the storage and infrastructure issues on the Wii. That's fine for me though - there's still plenty of songs to play on GHIII. Has anyone else gotten their replacement disc yet?

Matt
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 3229904674934577
locustlx  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjharper wrote:
I received my envelope on Feb. 15, and I had my copy of the game in the mail the next day. Yesterday, the Activision rebate site said my "premium package" was mailed on Feb. 25, after waiting about a week for them to "process" my old disc. I was probably one of the first to send mine in, so it may take longer for others than it did for me, but I should have my replacement disc by Friday. I'm not expecting anything more than surround sound (with possibly the option to make the sound surround, stereo, or mono). I'd love to have the boss battle songs available to play in Quickplay, but that's probably asking too much (I could really use Practice Mode for Lou on Hard right about now). I think downloadable content is still a ways off on the Wii, because of the storage and infrastructure issues on the Wii. That's fine for me though - there's still plenty of songs to play on GHIII. Has anyone else gotten their replacement disc yet?

Matt

just got my replacement disc today and the only thing different is the audio, no dlc yet
Goose  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest update for the Wii let's games get individual updates. A hint for DLC, perhaps?
jmc245  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still didn't get my envelope. That site says it's processing, but it has been saying that since forever (I was checking since the site was given to check the status). Is it possible that I'm from Canada that it is taking longer? Also, I don't think I received an email from them after I signed up online for the replacement discs. Was I supposed to? Can I still sign up now for a new disc if I'm supposed to receive this email? Thanks to anyone who helps me in advance. =D
CPURules  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone else posted this, but we got our Wii disc already(my mom actually works for the company that was processing the rebates, so we didn't have to MAIL ours) and when you activate Star Power, the audio is still mono :\ It sounds really weird, going from Stereo to Mono to Stero.

EDIT: And no, DLC isn't included with the disc, if that wasn't posted.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CPURules PSN Name: CPURules Wii Friend Code: 128972220998
jmc245  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, I finally got mines. =D
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you guys know...theres files regarding downloadable content on the wii disc itself, so maybe there will be a way for them to open it up to us.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those people interested. I Mailed my disc on March 1st, and got my replacement on March 15th.

A two week turn around time. Not too bad.
I am really glad I had a second copy though to play for those two weeks though!!!

<rant>
It was about the dumbest thing to make people go without the game for "3-4 weeks" during the replacement process.
The only thing dumber is the absolutely incompetent people they have working in the QA department that f'd up, and missed this in the first place...
</rant>

Anyways, I snapped a pic of the release day disc next to the replacement disc for people to see if they are curious.
They are pretty much identical. The only difference is a small #2 next to one of the id tags on the bottom of the disc (underlined in red in the pic)

The pic is a little big for the thread, so here is a link, click to see the discs:
http://hellalame.com/tmp/gh3/gh3_wii_disc.jpg

Wha??? No Expert scores on SH? a few reasons on my wiki page

My Custom made WIRELESS X-Plorer!
My Custom Painted WIRELESS X-Plorer #2! YES, I really made two of them
Imitation  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just received my copy today and decided I'd test it out. Sure enough, surround sound was there and it sounded great; however, certain songs I tried (One, La Grange, Slow Ride, and some others) had the music go completely out of sync with the notes.

Anyone else experienced this?

Edit: Turns out ejecting the disc and putting it back in fixed the problem *shrug*

Last edited by Imitation on Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
AdrianRayn  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDave wrote:

I snapped a pic of the release day disc next to the replacement disc for people to see if they are curious.
They are pretty much identical. The only difference is a small #2 next to one of the id tags on the bottom of the disc (underlined in red in the pic)

The pic is a little big for the thread, so here is a link, click to see the discs:
http://hellalame.com/tmp/gh3/gh3_wii_disc.jpg

There's a star under the wall-o-text on the Replacement Disk, too. That's probably an easier thing to look for.
On Vocals!
All Expert! All Win.
x0WAx  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to add my 2 cents...
I think it's complete bullshit that I buy the game,
realize there's a problem with the sound,
find out it's only in mono (thanks to everyone here at SH ),
find out that i have to send it away within the first week of owning this game,
and be COMPLETELY WITHOUT the game for the next 3-4 weeks.
Bullshit.

47/47 GH Expert
64/64 GH II Expert
30/30 GH:80s Expert
69/70 GH III Expert
Syphon  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is it that when I sign up they never email me or anything? And it's been 4 days and I haven't received my envelope.
Goose  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal:

I just got a free faceplate from Red Octane! Whoo!
metalpizza  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same here! i had no idea what kind of random package came to the post center at my university, then poof a guitar plate!

Goose wrote:
Good deal:

I just got a free faceplate from Red Octane! Whoo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: