Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PROGRAM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IMaGH  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: PROGRAM Reply with quote

Hello
Would it be ok if i made a program that allows you to make a song with the SG controller by just pressing the frets and strumming and recording it?

(I dont mean like freetar hero type songs I mean sounds that can be played setup to certain fret colors that sound like a real guitar.)

Would it also be ok if i posted it on these forums?
Riz  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... sure. I'd certainly like to see it. I don't think it would be very practical, especially for solos, unless you could slow down the music you were recording to, and even then... but it might be good for laying down the basic track, which you could then fine tune in a MIDI editor whatever.

Sure, feel free.

Riz.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can pretty much do that allready.

Get the freetar editor, start a new blank song. Plug your guitar in and set the key bindings for "Add note to track 3" etc to the corresponding button on your guitar.

And freetar editor comes with built in speed controls + zoom too.

Then just convert it from freetar to GH format with the tutorial somewhere on this site and you're good to go!
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaigami wrote:
You can pretty much do that allready.

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant a program that makes an actual guitar track from the SG button presses, not a note chart.

If that is the case, then godspeed man. I don't picture it being too easy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah sorry its late and riz thought what i thought so i didn't bother rereading the original post to make sure i wasn't yibbering on about something irrelevant.

So he basically just wants to set a sound to each one of his keys and have it produce an mp3 as he strums on that held note.

I'm sure you can find things out there that allready do this...maybe not designed for the GH controller but i'm sure you get something else to turn the controllers DirectInput into keypresses.

Cant think of any particular programs at the moment but surely some kind of midi program or something does the sort of job you're looking for.

(rethinking you could even rig up something simple with your computers stereo mix channel and a really simple program using your 5 buttons each pressing a different note.....

Basically i mean you write a little program that detects something like "If Green+Strum = True then Play Sound1.wav" and "If Red+Strum = True then Play Sound2.wav" in VB or whatever, then start something recording as simple as windows recorder and take the sound source from what your computer is pumping out, instead of a microphone)
IMaGH  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i mean by this program is to be able to perform a kind of "SOLO" with your SG controller(like a off the head type deal)just to mess around with things joke around or be serious.

Also i thought that I'd insert sounds into the chords
(G+B R+Y+B R+O G+R+B G+R)that sort of thing but that will be a while I am just bored after school and need something to do.

[I thought of this while joking around in the tutorials.)When the HO/PO's freetboard comes up so u can practice before the fretboard starts scrolling u can do whatever you want.and what I was doing with the notes sounded cool and this idea popped into my head.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Riz  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... ya, I definintely misunderstood what he was after. Still... if you make something that interacts with a GH guitar, I see no reason not to talk about it here. Feel free.

Riz.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am half finished with the program itself.

Right now its a blank screen with buttons, and triggers.I also need to add sounds with each individual fret.It's taking a while because I need to make the button chart and button configuration.I'll try getting it to work with a keyboard too.

I'll release a beta soon with just single frets, the next version will have some double-chords and will also have some new features being tested now.

Pics up shortly.

I need artwork for skins.
The name of the project is GHGS.

It may sound gay but its short for Guitar Hero Guitar Sounds.Still i'd like some feedback on how dumb that is, and if u have some ideas.
gazzer  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw a guy on youtube make his SG play synth sounds as a sort of midi controlling device which was pretty cool. i think when i read on the GH forums, red octane posted themselves about a question related to "freestyle" soloing in GH itself, and they decided before theyd even made guitar hero 1 that it wouldn't sound as good as the rest of the real songs.

which makes it a perfect homebrew project
IMaGH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost done with this.I'm having a freind test it before I put up a downloadable version up.

I am still waiting for a reply from him.
hsatakeit  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMaGH wrote:
I'm almost done with this.I'm having a freind test it before I put up a downloadable version up.

I am still waiting for a reply from him.

Do you realize how many hours ive spent on guitar hero 1's ho/po tutorial doing double finger-tapping? this is gonna be SWEET!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: hsa take it gh3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: