ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Get-together in Austin, Tx: June 28, 2008!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulkySam  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrianBAM19 wrote:
Hopefully there will be another one of these soon(although I hope it's not further than Austin, that was stretching it as is, any further out and no way could I go >_>).

I guess that means a get-togehter in my area would be out for you.

I'm really gonna try for something in the fall-winter season happen involving my radio station (not like my failed attempt of a tournament that deschain can vouch for). Maybe around the release of GH4.

We'll see.

P.S.: More pix?

www.tamuk.edu/ktai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BulkySam PSN Name: BulkySam
blob  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Er.. for some reason after get-togethers I feel like I should make some sort of apology post for being so boring/quiet/antisocial/whatever.

So yeah... sorry about that. It was a good time. Thanks Paul for making this happen, wish I could still be there instead of having to go to work now. /wrists

/self haet

Don't worry about it. Less Talk More Rokk amirte?

Anyway it was soooo fun, I had a blast.

AND I CAN NOT THANK PAUL ENOUGH FOR THE HOUSE!

/CAPS LOCK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow was this totally worth the drive time!

Everyone was totally amazing...It makes everything better when everyone is as cool as you all were this weekend.

Paul, thanks again for putting up with our crap all day and night.

A few special shout outs here:
Hailz: You are totally hax on vocals. I doubt any other top vocalists can hit that much of a song while making any less noise You kicked ass, I hope this helps ease up your shyness so you can be a loud jerk like the rest of us next time.

F4: Sure we caught you sleeping and streamed it on ustream, but at the last get-together I went to we took a pic of FrankieB sleeping with his hand in his pants Al Bundy style...so you at least have a 1-up on him.

Someguy: That drumset was so glorious I couldn't bring myself to play on it! I am totally going to start hanging out in your streams and requesting Thrasher/Silver. We should hang out and eat SH cake for breakfast more often

JW: I hope your arm doesn't fall off. I can't even begin to wrap my mind around how many notes you strummed in that 2 hours of playing Thrasher...My guitar better work after that hell you put it through...

Deschain: Your vast array of hacked gaming devices astounds me. Customs = win.

DK: Thanks again for driving me down there. Only having to drive half the trip myself made it so much more doable on my part.

I will update this post tomorrow with stories from this epic event, in the mean time here are a few teasers (guys remind me if I missed anything, or just post your own stories if I wasn't around at the time):

F4 sleeps a lot.
So a couple hours into the day everyone is randomly enjoying BQP on the big TV in the living room. We are laughing as JW as he hosted the stream via the mic plugged into the computer for sound. After a while JW notices that F4 is passed out in the dead center of the very loud room on the couch. So after several jokes were made at F4's expense JW finally gets the idea to show ustream how an epic GH player sleeps. So for the next hour or so we would randomly turn the webcam to watch him sleep. Moral of the story: Epic get-togethers are not exciting enough to keep an epic-level GH player awake and alert =P

I drop the F-bomb in front of someone's mother.

Fajitas time!

JW vs Trasher bass.

XBL PFO shenanigans.

I can haz kake 4 brakefazt?

GD:RB brought be back, RB3 will keep me

Bass FCs: RB 55/58, RB2 71/84, DLC 22/lol++(of over 300 DLC FCs only 22 scores were still posted...wtf!), AC/DC(X) 0/18, LRB(X) 18/45, GD:RB 10/43

Last edited by Duce1621 on Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Willistime420  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can haz kake 4 brakefazt?

that was probably the most horrendiously good cake even though it took me a half hour to finish it completley haha.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Willistime420
freakinalex  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap, this weekend was made of win covered in pure awesome sauce. I'm not gonna lie, this was the most fun I've had in months. We definitely need to have another get-together soon. You're definitely my kind of people and you get my obscure jokes.

By the way, JW, you got lucky. I looked at the Thrasher leaderboards and my score is 85k, so your scores never got submitted under my name.

Anyway, I'm gonna go FC some fajitas now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have slept through the cake action. That sucks =(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duce1621 wrote:

F4: Sure we caught you sleeping and streamed it on ustream, but at the last get-together I went to we took a pic of FrankieB sleeping with his hand in his pants Al Bundy style...so you at least have a 1-up on him.

i nearly lol'ed at this, but i'm currently brushing my teeth. lol.

this weekend kicked ass, thanks again to paul for letting all of this happen. that was the coolest thing EVAR!

also thanks to everyone who was able to make it, it seems like everyone had a blast, so hopefully we can set up another one of these later.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
klye  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
this weekend kicked ass, thanks again to paul for letting all of this happen. that was the coolest thing EVAR!

also thanks to everyone who was able to make it, it seems like everyone had a blast, so hopefully we can set up another one of these later.

^ What f4 said.

I'll edit this later with the couple pictures I have.

I think me and willistime are going to lookk into getting another one set up in the Dallas area, but we don't have any particulars yet.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: EyeWoodchuckEwe
thestupidlowlife  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul: Big thank you to you and your wife, I had an AWESOME time. It sucks that I had to leave so early but... Lubys. I was planning on coming back but by the time we found it and were done it was too late.

To whoever brought the customs on the computer: THANKS! Tamacun = win.
Confury  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, seems you all had an awesome time. PLEASE someone, anyone, host another one soon. Sucks I had to miss this one =\
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
atruebassist  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOST AMAZING TRIP EVER! I had way too much fun when it got really late. I'm so glad I got to meet all of you. Even though it took like 4 hours to get there, it was all worth it. Sorry I sucked on those ranked PFOs. I'm not a ranked kind of guy. BUT! I think I made up for it by being on the mic. Thank you so much for giving up your house for a weekend of EPIC WIN. I was kind of let down by how Aerosmith looked though...Oh yeah and we bought GH:OT and brought it but I dont think anyone wanted to play. CAKE: The breakfast of SCOREHEROERS! MOAR SUG0R!
NevAr FORGET GOLD STAR SILVER! JUNE 28!

So........when's the next one?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: l337 caveman
Willistime420  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atruebassist wrote:
Sorry I sucked on those ranked PFOs. I'm not a ranked kind of guy. BUT! I think I made up for it by being on the mic.

Dont worry about ranked fails, its all good i dont really care, all im going for is the 500 wins, and yes the microphone was hilarious. idk ima talk to my parents about having one, but we will see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Willistime420
klye  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photobucket
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: EyeWoodchuckEwe
Duce1621  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pic is epic win.

Jesus there was a lot of sugar in that cake.

GD:RB brought be back, RB3 will keep me

Bass FCs: RB 55/58, RB2 71/84, DLC 22/lol++(of over 300 DLC FCs only 22 scores were still posted...wtf!), AC/DC(X) 0/18, LRB(X) 18/45, GD:RB 10/43
blob  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duce1621 wrote:
That pic is epic win.

Jesus there was a lot of sugar in that cake.

I guess I was asleep on the left of that picture on the couch. I miss all the good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: