ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Welcome to ScoreHero Leagues! FAQ Thread - READ ME FIRST!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...I see. That makes a lot of sense actually.

*rushes to delete scores before anybody notices*

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya woops... I already posted one... But it's my first 1st place ever. So I couldn't help myself
rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ellijos5 wrote:
I dont have a camera. Can i still do this?

Yes. As the FAQ states, you don't have to submit proof. In fact, we DON'T want you to PM us proof. It will overload our inbox. This league is 100% based on the honor system.
rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
One question on this. Are we allowed to post scores we get during the season before we PM them to our league leaders? I just saw Hylian's thread and was curious.

As others have stated, while we cannot prevent you from posting your scores on scorehero for the league, we don't encourage it. Better for it to remain a mystery to your competitors. Then again, with so many competitors per division, unless you are a well known player, most people probably won't bother to check everybodies score.
machchunk  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Er, I came up with another question.

We can activate Hyper Speed on any song, right? Since it's not a twist? Cuz I just 100%'d one of the songs in my division, but it took going into Hyper Speed to figure it out.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:

We can activate Hyper Speed on any song, right? Since it's not a twist? Cuz I just 100%'d one of the songs in my division, but it took going into Hyper Speed to figure it out.

I sure hope so. I don't quite see why it'd be against the rules, since there's no real score boost that could be gained from the direct use of it; some people are just better with it than without it. I am one of those people it would seem.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:

elx stated it in another thread I believe..but I'll state it here in the FAQ thread..and I'll add it to the FAQ.

Activating HyperSpeed it not considered a cheat on scorehero. Thus, activating hyperspeed in league play is not considered a cheat. You can choose to activate it or not. Your choice.
jdw4883  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, these are scores attained during the week, correct? So previous scores don't count?
elx  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, you must obtain your scores between when the songs are posted and Sunday at 3AM EST.
deshtruction  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a suggestions but maybe you guys in control might have thought about this earlier. But since there are going to be alot of similar named topics in this forum section. After each song is picked in each poll like lets say week 1. Why not just close the topic, because i think that not only I but others as well want to stay up to date and assume we're just seeing the same topic over and over. Atleast with a lock, they're more noticeable and we can always be on the right topic to vote, post, ask, etc.

But of course keep the regular AAA, AA, A, B, and C discussion topics open.

-Just a thought to make the league more easy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to repost what I posted in the League A Playoffs Thread, just so it is known by those who do not know it yet:
    As far as the issue of false scores is concerned, this took several hours out of JCirri's, Riz's, rabies' and my day yesterday. Those were several hours out of Sunday that could have been spent much better, especially for JC (as you now see the results of what he's been working on for a very long time, with the 'compare to top' optimizations), and for me, as I have a lot of work ahead of myself this week. So...yes. We're all a little less than happy right now, to say the least.

The bottom line on false scores is...if you're putting them up, we know. We're not stupid. You are. These are friendly leagues, with no prizes or recognition beyond the <20 character username you've picked. If you're cheating at THESE, you have bigger problems in life than your lack of GH ability. If you're reading this, and you've exaggerated your scores, it is best (and wise) for you to go ahead and remove them before we remove them (and you, permanently). If we haven't discovered it by now, we eventually will. And that's a promise. Heed it.

Hopefully, all of this shit is permanently sorted out for League A (and all other leagues, soon). It now looks like the REAL competition can begin between players that are actually earning their scores. Good luck and have fun guys. I'm sorry I couldn't have taken action sooner.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these leagues are kickass! i can't wait for season 3!!

<-- add this to your sig!!
G-Hero  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please help me-I'm new. I usually play on Expert, but I'm having trouble about whether to do 1 or 2. I have every song on Expert 5 starred up to Level 7.

Madhouse-5 stars

Carry Me Home-4 stars

Laid To Rest-4 stars

Psychobilly Freakout-3 stars (duh)

YYZ-4 stars

On Level 8, I've got 4 on Hanger 18 and Free Bird, five on Institutionalized and Beast and the Harlot, and three on Miserlou. I can consistently beat any song on Expert except Jordan (of course) but I've made it most of the way through Guitar Solo C.

What level should I enter on?
rabies  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Hero wrote:
Please help me-I'm new. I usually play on Expert, but I'm having trouble about whether to do 1 or 2. I have every song on Expert 5 starred up to Level 7.

Madhouse-5 stars

Carry Me Home-4 stars

Laid To Rest-4 stars

Psychobilly Freakout-3 stars (duh)

YYZ-4 stars

On Level 8, I've got 4 on Hanger 18 and Free Bird, five on Institutionalized and Beast and the Harlot, and three on Miserlou. I can consistently beat any song on Expert except Jordan (of course) but I've made it most of the way through Guitar Solo C.

What level should I enter on?

Hi G-Hero, Season 3 is in playoffs now. Expect a season 4 signup thread to go up soon...when it does, it will give directions to new players like yourself and your question will be answered at that time.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

has there been any ideas on a possible 360-exclusive league?

seems like a good amount of the community has that version...could be interesting

--j
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: