ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
C League is Cancelled
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: C League is Cancelled Reply with quote

C League does not have enough qualified signups to run this season. All players will be automatically moved to B league.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that's a shame for those who did qualify and perhaps won't be able to handle themselves in B... I speak from experience of course, let's say I don't exactly look back on season 6 fondly.

Given that this is the third time in a row that C hasn't run, would you folks be open to the idea of running it as an semi-open league next season, sorta in the vein of OB? I say semi-open, meaning perhaps a few limits on qualifications to prevent unnecessary ownage by those who can FC most of hard or half of expert. That way a fair range of people could qualify and at least those who can only play medium will have a chance, 'cos I don't think there'd be enough squeeze robots signing up to dominate (because, let's be honest, most people here are far too elitist to be seen playing medium), but it might push it up enough to at least run the league.

Just a thought, like.

EDIT: lolspeelign&grammar

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?

Last edited by thecaptainof on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
DreadedSoul  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to beat someone in B?
elx  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Ah, that's a shame for those who did qualify and perhaps won't be able to handle themselves in B... I speak from experience of course, let's say I don't exactly look back on season 6 fondly.

Given that this is the third time in a row that C hasn't run, would you folks be open to the idea of running it as an semi-open league next season, sorta in the vein of OB? I say semi-open, meaning perhaps a few limits on qualifications to prevent unnecessary ownage by those who can FC most of hard or half of expert. That way a fair range of people could qualify and at least those who can only play medium will have a chance, 'cos I don't think there'd be enough squeeze robots signing up to dominate (because, let's be honest, most people here are far too elitist to be seen playing medium), but it might push it up enough to at least run the league.

Just a thought, like.

There were 2 people that had scores entered, and actually belonged in C league.
WaffleCake  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think C leagues won't be happening ever now, seeing as how the last 3 seasons have had like 10 qualified signups combined. Those people could probably play in hard if they wait until next season anyways.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

Just a thought, like.

There were 2 people that had scores entered, and actually belonged in C league.

Oh shit, well maybe not then. Still, do you reckon it'd be worth sticking up a poll to gauge interest?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
WaffleCake  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to say that the only leagues that have balance are the expert ones. After about a week of playing, I had 5 starred medium and FCd a few songs, so someone planning to compete in a medium league for 6 weeks to maintain the same low skill level just wouldn't happen. Therefore, Medium leagues as they are seem obsolete. As for hard, it's either suck at hard and have some competition in B, or be OK at hard and get completely owned in OB by crazy squeezers.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WaffleCake wrote:
After about a week of playing, I had 5 starred medium and FCd a few songs, so someone planning to compete in a medium league for 6 weeks to maintain the same low skill level just wouldn't happen.

Fact is that's just not the case for everybody. Taking my brother as an example, he's been playing Guitar Hero - albeit casually - since just after GH1 came out over here (so probably about May 2006) and, after beating easy in a couple of weeks, has been playing medium ever since. He still can't FC anything but Thunderhorse, in fact he can't even consistently 5* the more difficult ones (just looking at his gamertag, he doesn't have the achievements for 5* medium on either GH2 or 3, I don't believe he was any better on the PS2 games).

...fair enough, it might be different for the majority of people who've used Scorehero as motivation to do better, or even those who are naturally good at games like this, but you can't really generalise like that.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
daanish  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well guess im lucky i wasn't in it .... :P
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: daanishgh
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see a C league ever running. Seriously, how many medium players are on this site, and how many actually wanna participate in a LEAGUE?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ViPeR6 is right, there are not so many medium players. but what if you would make another hard league for players who can beat most of the songs but still have trubble with some of them, so thats like for players who usually play on medium, but on hard?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: daanishgh
DiscoV  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daanish wrote:
but what if you would make another hard league for players who can beat most of the songs but still have trubble with some of them, so thats like for players who usually play on medium, but on hard?

Personally, I understood this as being the B league. What I understand B league is as a league for people who struggle with hard, and a chance for people to develop their hard skills. To make the B league less competitive though, they should turn the Hard leagues into somewhat like the Expert leagues. Three leagues with people grouped in your range. OB for the crazy squeezers, B for the people who struggle with hard, and a middle league, for people who can 5 star most of hard, but cant squeeze or FC 3 or 4 league songs every week. I remember seeing a post from Deimos stating that there would most likely be 3 Hard leagues this year, so hopefully that will be put in place.

Just a thought.

EDIT: Here's the quote
Deimos wrote:
Right now, for all of you people worrying about the skill difference between B/OB, I think there will most likely be at least 3 Hard divisions. It's going to depend how many people actually submit scores in the first week, but there are a lot of people signed up for B and OB, too many to keep them all together in one division if most of them submit. But once we find out how many people are actually going to participate, we'll do all we can to try and place you with people as close to your skill level as possible.
Akumu  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't they set the leagues like this:

C League - Medium Players

C+ League - Medium-Hard players

B League - Hard players

B+ League - Hard-Expert Players

A League - Expert Players

A+ League - Superterrorizer extraterrestrial players (really effin good)

This would just have clearer, easily explained options as opposed to:

Quote:
Hard (B) - This is for players who struggle on hard and can not play on expert. If you can 5 star a majority of songs, FC more than a few songs, or can beat most songs on expert, you belong either in the expert leagues, or in OB if you choose. If you sign up for B league, and are above these skill definitions, you will be moved to OB automatically.
CornPop1  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akumu wrote:
Why don't they set the leagues like this:

C League - Medium Players

C+ League - Medium-Hard players

B League - Hard players

B+ League - Hard-Expert Players

A League - Expert Players

A+ League - Superterrorizer extraterrestrial players (really effin good)

This would just have clearer, easily explained options as opposed to:

Quote:
Hard (B) - This is for players who struggle on hard and can not play on expert. If you can 5 star a majority of songs, FC more than a few songs, or can beat most songs on expert, you belong either in the expert leagues, or in OB if you choose. If you sign up for B league, and are above these skill definitions, you will be moved to OB automatically.

If there aren't even enough people for a C league, it would seem illogical to have a C and a C+ League. You're splitting the VERY few people who actually qualify for C into two.

OB is for players that are too good for B League, but would prefer to play Hard rather than Expert. Call it B+ if you want.

There tends to be alot more people in the A leagues than in the others, which is why there is A, AA, and AAA, splitting people into the group where they will have the most competition.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, how many medium players are on this site, and how many actually wanna participate in a LEAGUE?

Erm, I'm one of them. I can't get more than 10% through a song on Hard on GH3 before failing - and that's a song I can FC on MEDIUM!

So this (All players will be automatically moved to B league.) means that I'm out within seconds... might as well try though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: