ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S8 - GH3 - Hard (B/OB) - Week 4 songs are up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad about JR considering I didn't even beat his old score for the song. But at the same time I'm having trouble with my 9th bundle . The red button frequently stops working, which caused me to screw up on many great runs of Down 'N Dirty. I finally managed to get the FC once before my Les Paul could fuck me over, but it wasn't even that great of a run.

Anyway, I'm glad we're playing KoC because it's another song I know I can get that I haven't. I keep choking at the end, but I'll get it eventually. First I'll have to trade in my bundle for the 9th time and hope for the best .

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Netnabi4 wrote:
Congrats and Good Luck in the later Rounds!

Thank you. Yeah, you had me really worried after seeing how you did on Don't Hold Back...glad I didn't have to face you on that song!!! Again, thanks...and see ya next season.

Great...now I get to work on KoC. Woo...-...Hoo... I almost wish we could play this song on Expert...it just seems easier to me. The difference in fast strumming and slower strumming throw me off. Well...time to get to work on it!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on making it to the semi's JosephL and Good luck! Hopefully I'll get some good playing time in this week to put up a decent score... I'll need it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
Too bad about JR considering I didn't even beat his old score for the song. But at the same time I'm having trouble with my 9th bundle . The red button frequently stops working, which caused me to screw up on many great runs of Down 'N Dirty. I finally managed to get the FC once before my Les Paul could fuck me over, but it wasn't even that great of a run.

Anyway, I'm glad we're playing KoC because it's another song I know I can get that I haven't. I keep choking at the end, but I'll get it eventually. First I'll have to trade in my bundle for the 9th time and hope for the best .
Heh, at least I'm not the only one with LP trouble(extra strumming on its own + flimsy whammy bar, but that's fixed with a rubber band). This should be fun, you vs. me, and psx vs. witwix. It's hilarious how us 4 should be able to turn a tough song like KoC into a squeezefest >_> We'll have to see how this goes, since there's not too many places to squeeze in this song(most of the tough squeezes in debr's paths come from the 1st activation, which is hell to squeeze). I quite honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a tie between two of us four, since only one of the activations ends on a hold.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
JosephL  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulAtreides wrote:
Congrats on making it to the semi's JosephL and Good luck! Hopefully I'll get some good playing time in this week to put up a decent score... I'll need it.

Same to you, buddy. For some reason, I was sure that the next song would be Stricken, but this is close enough. ;)

Also, just curious: if Kane40 and myself make it through, the final will be #14 vs. #12. Is that sort of thing common in these leagues?
Personal Links: pathhero; my scores; my accomplishment thread (most recent: retired from GH, but still working on the breakdowns)
10/19/06/35/06/45/18/20/60/24/36 >> 279 (+65 for BH, +2 for DLC = 346 XG FCs overall)
#TeamOldPeople
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: JosephLillo
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. 100 fucking points. I was hoping he would beat me by more. Well It definitely doesnt matter because I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get a KoC FC. It would be possible but probably not. I'm pretty pleased with how my squeezing has turned out. I'm not as bad as it as i thought. See you all next season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:
Also, just curious: if Kane40 and myself make it through, the final will be #14 vs. #12. Is that sort of thing common in these leagues?

I was wondering that too... Maybe the playoff's magic ?

< barely, but yay \o/
S8BB-1 League 14th season/p-o semi-finalist
My Acc. Thread / My RB DLC / / GH3H SP sheet ? / Band Acc / X guitar ESL2 : December 10, 2008
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Kane40Be
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Told you I would lose

Ah well, 3 straight hard league playoffs, 3 straight losses on my second song.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JosephL wrote:

I wouldn't say that its common...but likely to happen. The way I see it, you've been working solely on GH3 Hard for at least the past month. Therefore, even the "lower" ranks (sorry to put it that way...couldn't think of any other way) get better and can overtake the "higher" rankings in the playoffs.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PieGuy wrote:
psxfreak101 wrote:
5 FCs it took me to get the score of 387,389.

*waits patiently to find out whether PieGuy beat him or not*

I shoulda spent less time trying to FC Raining Blood and more time getting that double squeeze . Eh well, good luck on KoC .
...... oh wow... that's a heartbreak and a half for ya :/

Still, congrats on a great season PieGuy. Pity it had to come down to a tick for ya.

Now, I'll be honest, I ran through some random scenarios in my head, and naturally the possibility of meeting witwix in the semis came up. I figured one of three scenarios would come up:
a) We get one of the other 67 songs that we can both definitely FC, and he just squeezes the ever living crap out of it and crushes my hopes and dreams,
b) We get One or TTFAF (lulz) and he just FCs (or completely obliterates whatever "crappy" score I produce) and I assume the fetal position,
c) We get Knights of Cydonia and I light up with extreme amounts of joy as it may be the best chance I have at beating witwix

Good luck bud ^_^

Also, fuck you leagues for now making me not touch my beloved Dynasty Warriors 6 for the next couple of days. I wants to kill entire Chinese armies, but apparently I must match my wits against 1596 notes and ensuring I get as many of those in the pretty light blue variety as possible.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneDeath, what happened to that song? I wasn't even really trying too hard and still beat that score.
BoneDeath  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:
BoneDeath, what happened to that song? I wasn't even really trying too hard and still beat that score.

What happened was a massive lol-a-thon. I spent most of my time playing that song (can't use the name, makes me throw up) and missing under SP, and missing the SP in the solo, they HAD to put the Sp in the worst places there . Also I spent the rest of the time (i.e. after I had had enough and knew I was out of leagues) playing through X career (again, data got corrupted 2 weeks ago ). I can pass RaBl Mosh 1 without SP now . It's my new warm-up.

Bone

GH1 FC's: 42/47 | GH2 FC's: 73/74 | 80's FC's: 29/30 | GH3 FC's: 68/70

Last edited by BoneDeath on Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
kwkemrtapu  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm a victim of seeding and personal stuff coming up this week. Congrats PaulAtreides - I'm sure you'll do well in the coming rounds. I only had around two hours to complete this week's round, as I was gone all weekend due to the funeral for my grandmother. That, and I had the 4th highest score out of 8 participants, with 2 non-entries. That irks me. Almost as if the 4 best players based on scores for the song selected for the round aren't advancing to the final 4. Either way, those are the breaks and the rules. Good luck to all of you, I'll see you next season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LongOffTheTee
Duha  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneDeath wrote:
llamaman2 wrote:

What happened was a massive lol-a-thon. I spent most of my time playing that song (can't use the name, makes me throw up) and missing under SP, and missing the SP in the solo, they HAD to put the Sp in the worst places there . Also I spent the rest of the time (i.e. after I had had enough and knew I was out of leagues) playing through X career (again, data got corrupted 2 weeks ago ). I can pass RaBl Mosh 1 without SP now . It's my new warm-up.

Bone

I passed RB mosh 1 a few times without sp too made me feel great i actually fced it once in practice but i think i got ssssssssuuuuuuuupppppppereeeeerrrr lucky. and yes down n dirty is a horrible song and i am happy i didn't have to play it cause i cannot even finish it without throwing up
Alexisonfyre  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

359k... Have I made it to the final?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 71 of 74

Jump to: