ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SH League System Bugs / Suggestions / etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delassa wrote:
Mostly I'd like to see the normal score entry for each item (ie Score, Streak, Percent, Comment, Pic Vid) and have the top ones automatically posted to your manage scores if they are higher than the current ones. (sounded like this was already in the works though.)

This.

The optional pic, video, and comment field would be awesome. I've already mentioned my desire for this before, but thought I'd chime in here to tally another vote for this feature in what is now the official thread for suggestions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CleverTangent wrote:
I had a bug of some sort where I was logged out while viewing this week's score standings. I've been unable to reproduce the bug, however. Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just my browser losing cookies?

This might be something along the lines of a session timeout similar to when you are in manage scores, and you go to submit a score but get the homepage instead. You aren't logged out, but your session on the site has expired, so you have to refresh a page or something.

toymachine wrote:
I submitted my scores and they never went through somehow >_>
just thought I'd post it here in case it's happened to anyone else

SH om nom nom'd my league scores for GH3 OB

Unfortunate, personally not sure why this happened, but for the love of god not every post needs to contain some stupid meme.

ajanata wrote:
I just noticed this. Look at the top right corner. http://cs.uakron.edu/~unix204/leaguespageglitch.png

That happens on manage scores and view standings for leagues, too. The rest of the site is fine for me.

I'll point this out to JC / Phr34k, but honestly those links are never quite right on my end due to my monitor size and resolution

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I guess I just never noticed it was wrong before. It's really hit-or-miss on what pages it's in the proper location on and what pages it isn't, but it seems to be consistent for a given page.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mc49399 wrote:
May have something to do with Firefox or some option I have checked/unchecked, but when I click on Enter League Scores from anything besides the main page, it'll say "Invalid league id". When I enter a score, I can't just go back, I have to click on Leagues first.

I do believe I figured out the problem here as I have the same issue (cookies are on, etc etc.). I hope we're talking about the same link here but here goes.

In the navigation links where it says: Home > Leagues > Enter League Scores

The bolded link is the one in question. I noticed the url for this is missing a variable and is set to:
http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/enter_scores.php

I believe it should be:
http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/enter_scores.php?league_id=#
Where # is your league ID number (for A, AA, and AAA the ID number is 1)

I'm thinking the Enter Scores page is dynamically generated so maybe someone forgot to put in the code to grab the league ID for this link. Hope this helps fix the issue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilMunky wrote:
mc49399 wrote:
May have something to do with Firefox or some option I have checked/unchecked, but when I click on Enter League Scores from anything besides the main page, it'll say "Invalid league id". When I enter a score, I can't just go back, I have to click on Leagues first.

I do believe I figured out the problem here as I have the same issue (cookies are on, etc etc.). I hope we're talking about the same link here but here goes.

In the navigation links where it says: Home > Leagues > Enter League Scores

The bolded link is the one in question. I noticed the url for this is missing a variable and is set to:
http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/enter_scores.php

I believe it should be:
http://www.scorehero.com/leagues/enter_scores.php?league_id=#
Where # is your league ID number (for A, AA, and AAA the ID number is 1)

I'm thinking the Enter Scores page is dynamically generated so maybe someone forgot to put in the code to grab the league ID for this link. Hope this helps fix the issue.

You're on the right track, if that is the link he's talking about. That link really only shows up though if you're either already on the Enter Scores page, or on the page where it confirms that your scores were saved. It's not that I "forgot" to put the code in there to get the league ID, it's just how JC has those little "breadcrumb" menus programmed to work, they can't have any sort of variables (the league ID) in them. For example, Click on Browse Scores in the main menu, pick a username, game, difficulty, etc. Now click on "Browse Scores in the "Home > Browse Scores" menu below. It doesn't reload the page or anything, it takes you back to the start of Browse Scores as though you hadn't made any choices yet.

I'm not really sure why you'd want to click that Enter Scores link anyway, as the only places it shows up are if you're already on the Enter Scores page, or if you've just entered scores and you're on the page that confirms that your scores have been saved. I suppose I could add a link to the "your scores have been saved" page that says something like "Back to the Enter Scores page" if needed, but clicking on "Back to the main leagues page" and then clicking the Enter Scores link from there is probably about as simple, unless you're trying to go back and enter more scores for the same league again. Let me know, I'm certainly willing to change the interface around, I'm just not sure what you're trying to use the link for.

As for other stuff people have mentioned about adding fields for comments, proof pics, etc: When I add the feature to have your league scores all auto-submit to SH at the week's deadline (not sure exactly when this will happen), all those fields will definitely be added. You shouldn't have to wait for them to auto-submit, then go delete the scores and re-add with the comment and such that you actually wanted, so all of that will be a part of the league score-entry as well when the auto-submission is enabled.
EvilMunky  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
I'm not really sure why you'd want to click that Enter Scores link anyway, as the only places it shows up are if you're already on the Enter Scores page, or if you've just entered scores and you're on the page that confirms that your scores have been saved. I suppose I could add a link to the "your scores have been saved" page that says something like "Back to the Enter Scores page" if needed, but clicking on "Back to the main leagues page" and then clicking the Enter Scores link from there is probably about as simple, unless you're trying to go back and enter more scores for the same league again. Let me know, I'm certainly willing to change the interface around, I'm just not sure what you're trying to use the link for.

Usually I save after each score I enter in case something happens (session timeout, power outage, etc..) Then if I'm satisfied with that score I move on to the next song. No big deal, would save a click is all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we're in week 4 and playoffs are looming, it just occured to me: how are playoff results going to be handled? Surely not the 24-hour delay the regular season had. With the shortened timeframe of the playoffs it's either lose a day waiting to see if you're in or play n' pray and 50% of those find out they wasted a day of playing.
X28KillsLaterX  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should add a Leauge link on the score hero's main page when leagues are available.
tropicana  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

League season should be 8 week long, i think 4 week is too short to call it a season because most of the ppl drop during the 2 first week there should be preseason song to rank ppl and know who plays it
pog0  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tropicana wrote:
League season should be 8 week long, i think 4 week is too short to call it a season because most of the ppl drop during the 2 first week there should be preseason song to rank ppl and know who plays it

I think it's because so many people drop out that the seasons are so short. It eliminates the clutter. Although conversely, we could have larger divisions and automatically remove anyone who doesn't submit any scores 2 weeks in a row. I would personally enjoy playing any length season (although 8x4 = 32 which is almost half the songs already).

I can't really comment on the playoff structure yet since I'm just about to enter it for the first time; and yes I guess it does require you to be good at both easy songs and hard songs to win, however, by only playing one song vs one player, you aren't necessarily fairly testing your ability. I don't think we should have to play 3 songs per playoff round (just to have our opponent not play at all), but if it were double-elim, that would remove the "aw fuck" factor if say... Raining Blood is picked in the playoffs and this AAA-3 #2 seed can barely pass it.
mgoblue3296  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the playoffs, I think it should be thrown out. I prefer the BCS system.

Just kidding, but anyway. I think instead of a bracket, you should take the top 50% of scores, and those people advance. There should be week one byes to the top 25%, and the other way, you may have the 2nd best score out of everyone, but not advance.

I'd like it this way better.

Thanks for a thus far great season, guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
clifford696  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: League Cap Reply with quote

I signed up for 3 leagues and tried to sign up for a fourth but it said that I had reached the cap already.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: League Cap Reply with quote

clifford696 wrote:
I signed up for 3 leagues and tried to sign up for a fourth but it said that I had reached the cap already.

Make sure the fourth league is a teamor coop league. The maximum is 3 solo and one 1, so just make sure your fourth league isn't a solo one.

EDIT: And shrink your avatar a little. The maximum avatar width for an avatar on SH is 135 pixels.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe one of the least likely ideas to happen is maybe PMing people at the beginning of the week their songs for the week of each league. That way, people wouldn't forget as long as they get on Scorehero
lisamariefan  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's a bug or what...

...but the leagues page is telling me that the songs will be posted in the forum, and the forum threads gives me a message that they'll be on the leagues page.

It's all terribly confusing.

Edit: Guess I could click enter scores... >___>

Matt wrote:
I'm going to pistol whip the next person who says Rick Roll'd

Best percentage in RaBl: 91% T__T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: