Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
deathtongue vs. TGro
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: deathtongue vs. TGro Reply with quote

Hey TGro,

After finding out both of us have been working on passing CfH on Expert, I noticed you and I seem to be very similar skill wise, based on our similar scores. So I thought I should warn you that I will be comparing my scores to yours as a compass to determine which songs I should work on to improve my score. So I guess you could consider this a challenge!

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
TGro  

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenge accepted

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you finished all the songs on expert. I think I gained a fair bit of ground tonight though, I went through all the bonus tracks again and got a couple more songs and a couple more 5-stars. Only 25 ranks behind you now!

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
TGro  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah after I hit CFH I was on a roll and I beat BATM, Breaking Wheel, and Ready 2 Rokk in one try each. Just wanted to point out an odd fact, that we both joined on the same day lol. Ohh and good luck catching me. j/k

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is interesting. Are you a guitar player? I never touched a guitar before I bought GH, but after a few weeks of playing I got my hands on an old acoustic guitar and started learning some chords. I need to take some lessons though.

It's funny how when I started playing GH, I thought Medium level was nearly impossible. But every time I picked up the controller I got a little bit better. There were so many times when I thought I had peaked, but then I would smash through another milestone. After getting CfH on expert I am now starting to believe I can actually finish the game. But how the heck did you get BatM and the Breaking Wheel?!?!? I can't even get 10% into those songs!

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking to me is kinda repetitive, once you can learn the first bits, its the same over again until the bit in the middle, and the bit which goes crazy

i started to lose it there, but got 86% into it

if i can do it, you must be able to do it
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that I suck at two-way strumming, I just started practicing it recently so I am not very good at songs with lots of quick notes, like Breaking Wheel and BatM.

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
TGro  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a guitar about 2 weeks ago and I have learned a couple of really easy songs, but other then that I suck with guitar for the time being. By the way I don't HO/PO any on purpose(they are on accident) and I only strum down.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more completions, and 1 more 5-star... 18 ranks behind!

I don't know how I'm going to get Bark at the Wheel though :P

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
deathtongue  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm sure I could have got it with a few more attempts, but my arm fell off.

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
TGro  

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when I fail a song with 90% or more done. At least you know you can get there once you glue your arm back on.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok seriously, how the HELL do you get through that solo?!? Even with star power activated I can't hit enough notes to keep my rock meter from bottoming out!

FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathtongue wrote:
Ok seriously, how the HELL do you get through that solo?!? Even with star power activated I can't hit enough notes to keep my rock meter from bottoming out!

Yeah, you unfortunately cannot glide on Star Power for the entire thing. You have to do about half of it and activate SP once your arm craps out. Then all you have to do is hit about half of 'em and then you'll be good.

Believe me, it took me forever to nail this part well enough to pass.

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my technique when i passed it:

make sure you have enough yellow/green before the 1st solo. That means getting at least 1 star power at the beginning and use it to get in the green before the 2nd verse.

Make your way through the solo as good as you can. you will notice 2 stars at the beginning. dont miss them and make a good use of it. You must first begin the end of the first solo (trickiest part) without using your star power and gradually (if you were like me) your yellow will fall and then activate it and try to hit those notes.

Same thing apply for the last section. Start it in the yellow/green with star power ready and when you see your yellow fall enough, activate it and pray until the end. I've finished it and red was flashing for a few seconds. I'm pretty sure if I didn't made that last note, the song was failed.

And have a few buddies to cheers you up!

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: up and down up and down up and down Reply with quote

Dont know how much this will help.. but when i started consistently passing batm i found that if you strum up and down on the last solo and try to hit as many as you can.. you pass more often than not.. now im just trying to stop using starpower as my crutch and pass all of the hard expert songs without it. I've managed to beat all of the facemelters and any other songs i thought were tough with out using star power.. Now i've just got to find the right spots to use the star power in the chorus during X4's and get all ma 5-stars.. Oh well... Hope this helps out! Let me know if you need someone new to rival against.. i just registered yesterday and i'll be getting my scores in today or sometime soon.. i should be able to get up pretty high in the ranks considering i just found out GH was so big online and i'm already pretty good.. c-ya -Chad AkA. LearningGH

Last edited by LearningGH on Thu May 18, 2006 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: