ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SWC's acc: Competing for Air Guitar Nat'l Championship!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is sad to see, but I completely understand where you're coming from! After I FC'd Heroes of our Time, I set Through the fire and flames as the final big FC for me. I knew that after I got that, I could see myself walking away from the game in the near future. Once I get a career going (which is hopefully in a year or two), i'll essentially have to put it down except for that rare occasion I can play it casually. At this point, to FC anything harder than Flames just..isn't going to happen. I can be happy knowing that I got it (3 times in fact!) and when the time is right, put the game down for good. I'm glad to see you're at peace with your decision, and I really hope you get all 5! I'll be keeping an eye out for those FC's
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with THE FIVE - I bet you can manage all 5 of them, knowing what I've seen you conquer. I'm honestly still jealous of your War Ensemble bass 100% even though it's not an FC yet. Emphasis on "yet". Raining Blood on Hard falls into the "if I can do it then so can you" category. Nugent bass nonsense chart is probably something you could grind out with patience. One on Hard will depend on how dedicated you are to figuring out FSA; personally I never could figure it out and placed it much lower on my to-do list and never revisited it, but you've 5-starred GHVH so I'm sure you have the means/skills in you to conquer it. This Day We Fight would probably be the loftiest goal since it's the hardest overall bass chart I can think of, there's like no easy part at all, but give it a shot. If you can manage Dyers Eve then there's definitely high hopes :)

I'm also very proud of your adventurous spirit! It was badass enough on its own knowing someone with an official Guinness world record and now you're talking about climbing Kilimanjaro and running a business (tell me more about this trivia!) and all sorts of amazing stuff, so it's no wonder you wouldn't have time for GH, although I personally think you'll never permanently retire even if you won't be playing as much after 2017. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but there you have it.

Very best of luck to you once more sir, and I look forward to you making the most out of conquering your remaining GH goals.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that I know you much, but your name always pop to me when talking about GH1. Knowing now that you're trying to go to NYC Marathon is even more exciting. I wish you luck with that.

Retiring is not an easy decision. I often tell myself I should since i'm not as excited to play as before, but every now and then I get a surge to play these kick ass games.

Hopefully we'll still see you around.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneDeath wrote:
Those are quite the goals you've set yourself there! Kilimanjaro especially, that's certainly no small feat. I like the sound of one final long-term grind to finish off THE FIVE. Good luck with it all, especially getting that War Ensemble FC. I know how annoying those long-time 100% overstrums can be, I really hope you can at least get that one out of the way. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thanks man. It's the one 100% that has plagued me for years. I think getting one would make me really happy, especially if it's WE.

Bradmasta wrote:
This is sad to see, but I completely understand where you're coming from! After I FC'd Heroes of our Time, I set Through the fire and flames as the final big FC for me. I knew that after I got that, I could see myself walking away from the game in the near future. Once I get a career going (which is hopefully in a year or two), i'll essentially have to put it down except for that rare occasion I can play it casually. At this point, to FC anything harder than Flames just..isn't going to happen. I can be happy knowing that I got it (3 times in fact!) and when the time is right, put the game down for good. I'm glad to see you're at peace with your decision, and I really hope you get all 5! I'll be keeping an eye out for those FC's

..YOU DID IT A THIRD TIME? Cripes, you're good. People know when the time is right to walk away. Athletes do it all the time. I rarely play video games anymore, let alone GH. I haven't purchased a game since last year, and I haven't had a Gold membership in a couple of years. As we age our priorities shift. The time is right for me. :)

dramacomic wrote:
Good luck with THE FIVE - I bet you can manage all 5 of them, knowing what I've seen you conquer. I'm honestly still jealous of your War Ensemble bass 100% even though it's not an FC yet. Emphasis on "yet". Raining Blood on Hard falls into the "if I can do it then so can you" category. Nugent bass nonsense chart is probably something you could grind out with patience. One on Hard will depend on how dedicated you are to figuring out FSA; personally I never could figure it out and placed it much lower on my to-do list and never revisited it, but you've 5-starred GHVH so I'm sure you have the means/skills in you to conquer it. This Day We Fight would probably be the loftiest goal since it's the hardest overall bass chart I can think of, there's like no easy part at all, but give it a shot. If you can manage Dyers Eve then there's definitely high hopes :)

I'm also very proud of your adventurous spirit! It was badass enough on its own knowing someone with an official Guinness world record and now you're talking about climbing Kilimanjaro and running a business (tell me more about this trivia!) and all sorts of amazing stuff, so it's no wonder you wouldn't have time for GH, although I personally think you'll never permanently retire even if you won't be playing as much after 2017. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but there you have it.

Very best of luck to you once more sir, and I look forward to you making the most out of conquering your remaining GH goals.

You can tell I'm serious when I'm more concerned about accomplishing the IRL goals than GH goals. Crazy, right?? You've been such a great supporter, and I'm not sure half as good as I am without you. You're the bees knees!

BTW, I own a trivia company called Trivial Matters, we do do triiva nights in bars and restaurants in the Atlanta area, as well as custom games from private events. Visit TrivialMattersAtlanta.com for more details!

Cabanon wrote:
not that I know you much, but your name always pop to me when talking about GH1. Knowing now that you're trying to go to NYC Marathon is even more exciting. I wish you luck with that.

Retiring is not an easy decision. I often tell myself I should since i'm not as excited to play as before, but every now and then I get a surge to play these kick ass games.

Hopefully we'll still see you around.

That's so strange, since GHI wasn't something I focused on until last year! Glad to have that association. And ya know, if you still get the urge to play, that's great! That's what's so great about this game and this community. We can be as relaxed as competitive as we make want!

Not much of an update, as I really had much time to play this week. One of the other reasons why I'll be done in December is because I get so WINDED playing now. I used to be able to play 6-7 hours straight, no problem. Nowadays a play for an hour and go, "Is it getting tired in here?" (Insert Arrested Development meme) . I just don't have the endurance I once had. I'm getting old! Get off my lawn!!!

I still lurk from time to time. I like watching the FBFCs, some of those are outstanding! (Twilight of Thunder God? WOW.) But I'll be sure to keep you guys updated if any NEW revelations occur re: THE FIVE.

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't post high scores, but this one is special.

I finally got around to working on TDWF, and after a LOT of practice, I found a strum/tap combo pattern that works pretty well. Slowly but surely I chipped away, and I can officially say that I have the Tech FC! Of course, this doesn't mean a lot, as I am still a FAR ways away from the FC, but this is a great step.

And after many 390K runs, I finally breached 400K! Streak is pretty bad, as I've gotten a few +1000NS, but this is the second or third time I've missed less than 40 notes, and -33 is definitely my best. I also FCed the entire first section, meaning a FC IS possible!

All of this shows that I'm finally improving on the song. We'll see what happens!

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it, do it, do it, do it!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep pushing, you'll get it eventually. go go !

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealous.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
keep pushing, you'll get it eventually. go go !

I'm starting to think you might be right! I've been practicing for an hour or two each day, and I'm just getting more and more comfortable. Most of my runs are above 400K, and have had a few FC runs up past the 2nd chorus.

Best run so far is a 435K run, missing 8 notes total in the last two sections. I won't be able to touch the song again from now until Friday, but expect some magic by the end of the month.

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're getting there my friend! Can't wait to see this FC and FGFC fall!
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

told you my friend, it's something right up your alley !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS DAY WE BUMP!

PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There we go! Major congrats on one of the big 5 and the FGFC!
sjay  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats !
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
THIS DAY WE BUMP!

holy shit! nice job!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 41 of 45

Jump to: