ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Question about my new wireless mod

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lix0r  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Question about my new wireless mod Reply with quote

Well, I just spent two days creating this...

...only to realize that it works with GH1 and not GH2.

Yes, I know about the whole intellectual property issues with 3rd-party guitars, but as far as I know, everything I've done is legal so far. (I own both games and the official controller, etc.)

My question then: is there a legal way for me to make my new mod work with GH2?

I searched all around these forums and Google and couldn't find any solutions from the very few wireless mod descriptions out there. Please help me out, I'd hate to think I spent all this time and money for only wireless GH1 goodness.
Also, I hope this isn't going to get locked. I'm trying to keep everything legit.
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to guess that you used a PS2 wireless controller module to do the mod. The SG is based on a PS1 controller, and GH2 can (and does) detect the presence of a PS2 controller, and refuse to work. You might be able to get it to work with the adaptor that TAC is supposedly shipping for their old guitars, but I don't know. Someone else who has tried that (with a homebrew wireless mod) can perhaps offer more assurance.

Riz.

edit: fixed typo.

Last edited by Riz on Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Lix0r  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riz wrote:
I'm going to guess that you used a PS2 wireless controller module to do the mod. The SG is based on a PS1 controller, and GH2 can (and does) detect the presence of a PS2 controller, and refuse to work. You might be able to get it to work with the adaptor that TAC is supposedly shipping for their old guitars, but I don't know. Someone else who has tried that (with a homebrew wireless mod) can perhaps offer more assurance.

Riz.
Yes, I used a Gameshark Wireless Micro PS2 controller. Clearly, I didn't do enough homework before starting this, but in my defense, info regarding this mod is sparse. Even the two "guides" I found on Google are vary bare-bones.

Well, I'm still hoping to salvage this mod, so I thank you for your quick response, and encourage anyone with more info to help me out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: